F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 6
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Interesting. Driver "academies" seem to be a growing trend Ferrari just set one up recently to prep new driver for ...

Interesting. Driver "academies" seem to be a growing trend Ferrari just set one up recently to prep new driver for future F1 drives.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    FIA warns teams over missing F1 races

Despite FIA president Jean Todt being quoted as saying that the Concorde Agreement would allow F1 teams to miss up to three races in the 2010 season, the governing body has moved to clarify talk of the impact on the grid for the year ahead by insisting that teams can't miss any races without breaking the sport's regulations.

Todt was quoted as saying that 'in the last draft of the Concorde agreement it's written that a team can skip three races' which gave a boost to newcomers USF1 and Campos Meta 1 – who have yet to launch their cars for the season ahead and have also not completed their driver line-ups.

However, the FIA has now moved to clarify the quotes by revealing that missing a race on the calendar wouldn't go without penalty.

“Following recent reports on the interpretation of clauses in the Concorde Agreement concerning the concept of a Team's 'participation' in the FIA Formula One World Championship, the FIA wishes to make the following clarification,” the statement read.

“From a sporting and regulatory point of view, each Team that has registered for the Championship is obliged to take part in every event of the season. Any failure to take part, even for just one Championship event, would constitute an infringement both of the Concorde Agreement and the FIA Regulations.”

click: crash.net/f1/news/fia_warns_teams_over_missing_f1_races
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    FIA warns teams over missing F1 races

Despite FIA president Jean Todt being quoted as saying that the Concorde Agreement would allow F1 teams to miss up to three races in the 2010 season, the governing body has moved to clarify talk of the impact on the grid for the year ahead by insisting that teams can't miss any races without breaking the sport's regulations.

Todt was quoted as saying that 'in the last draft of the Concorde agreement it's written that a team can skip three races' which gave a boost to newcomers USF1 and Campos Meta 1 – who have yet to launch their cars for the season ahead and have also not completed their driver line-ups.

However, the FIA has now moved to clarify the quotes by revealing that missing a race on the calendar wouldn't go without penalty.

“Following recent reports on the interpretation of clauses in the Concorde Agreement concerning the concept of a Team's 'participation' in the FIA Formula One World Championship, the FIA wishes to make the following clarification,” the statement read.

“From a sporting and regulatory point of view, each Team that has registered for the Championship is obliged to take part in every event of the season. Any failure to take part, even for just one Championship event, would constitute an infringement both of the Concorde Agreement and the FIA Regulations.”

click: crash.net/f1/news/fia_warns_teams_over_missing_f1_races
    I was hoping these guys were going to learn how to stop tripping over themselves all the time.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I was hoping these guys were going to learn how to stop tripping over themselves all the time.
    erm nope ....

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Video: Lotus returns to Formula One with the launch of the T127

Gallery: autoblog.com/gallery/lotus-t127-launch/

After 15 years, one of the most successful names in Formula One returns to the grid with the launch of the Lotus T127. Note that we said "name," not necessarily "team," since Lotus F1 Racing is not officially affiliated with Group Lotus, the carmaker and engineering firm.

There is a somewhat tenuous relationship, since the team that began as Litespeed is largely backed by the Malaysian government, and Malaysian automaker Proton owns Lotus. The team actually acquired the rights to the Lotus name for F1 racing purposes from David Hunt, brother of the late world champion, James Hunt.

While the team is new, it's staffed by F1 vets, including technical director Mike Gascoyne and drivers Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen. Lotus F1 Racing also operates out of the Racing Technology Norfolk (RTN) facility where the 2003 Le Mans-winning Bentley Speed 8 was developed and built.

Click for more/video: autoblog.com/video-lotus-returns-to-formula-one-with-the-launch-of-the-t127/

Lotus Racing Website: lotusracing.my/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-14-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice to see green on a car like that again. I'm hoping they do really well this season so that they continue.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Nice to see green on a car like that again. I'm hoping they do really well this season so that they continue.
    Agreed! Very cool to see a green Lotus on the track!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Lotus racing FTW.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I'm glad to see Lotus is at the next test session. That just leaves campos and usf1.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Agreed! Very cool to see a green Lotus on the track!
    Jim Clark:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clark.jpg  
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It's not really Lotus though just someone using the name. Better than nothing I guess.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    It's not really Lotus though just someone using the name. Better than nothing I guess.
    Really? No affiliation with the Lotus company? Interesting.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Really? No affiliation with the Lotus company? Interesting.
    Proton a Malaysian company owns Lotus they are backing the team and using the name since they have legal rights to it, but Lotus AG (the company that actually makes lotus cars etc.) isn't actually involved as far as I know.

It would be like VW making a Lamborghini F1 team but basing the team in Wolfsburg and not using any Lamborghini employees.

Also bad news for USF1

US F1 may be nearing end of the line | Team US F1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Does Pechito even fit in an F1 car? In the photo next to Peter Windsor he looks to be 1,90m or taller -- unless Windsor is smaller than a jockey.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    USF1 co-founder and team principal Ken Anderson finally breaks the financially-troubled F1 2010 newcomer's silence - by admitting that the team has approached the FIA to be allowed to miss the first four grands prix of the forthcoming campaign

read more:
    crash.net/f1/news/157018/1/anderson_usf1_has_asked_to_miss_first_four_races.h tml
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-22-2010 at 02:55 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"