F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 5
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pics Aplenty: Alonso, Massa dominate Valencia testing in new Ferrari F10 We know, we know. The pace set on track ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

Pics Aplenty: Alonso, Massa dominate Valencia testing in new Ferrari F10

We know, we know. The pace set on track tests doesn't necessarily indicate how a given team, car or driver will perform in an actual race, let alone across a whole season. But it's hard not to read too much into it when we've been waiting for a sign since the end of last season, when the winningest team in all of motorsports – which has been working on this car since the middle of a dismal last season – with its veteran driver recovered from injury, and with a two-time World Champion taking the helm for the first time, when all these elements come together and the team absolutely dominates.

Half of the F1 teams that'll be competing for honors this season descended on Valencia for three days of official testing. And when all was said and done, Ferrari had dominated the time sheets on each of the three days. The first two days saw Felipe Massa run the new car, setting the fastest times on both days. Then Alonso took his turn on Day 3, beating Massa's time and everyone else's in the process – including returning seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher in the new Mercedes and reigning champion Jenson Button in the new McLaren.

Gallery : autoblog.com/gallery/scuderia-ferrari-f10-on-track-at-valencia/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, Andy!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Good stuff! Thanks

What is that big tall think on top of the intake? Is that a temporary thing or is it some new thing?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    What is that big tall think on top of the intake? Is that a temporary thing or is it some new thing?
    its temporary , but i would say its there as part of telemetry information/data sending while testing...

a comparison of 2010 car and 2009 car see below:

more comparison pics click: f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/01/28/2010-ferrari-f10-2009-ferrari-f60-pictures/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010_ferrari_f10_and_2009_car.jpg  
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Timo Glock, Virgin VR-01 shakedown, Silverstone

Virgin Racing have run their VR-01 for the first time at Silverstone.

It’s the first chance for the team to see if their VR-01, designed without wind tunnel testing, behaves the same way in real life that computer simulations predicted.

The team will conduct a longer test tomorrow with Lucas di Grassi getting his first taste of the car.

After that they will join the other teams for the second group test at Jerez on Wednesday.

Meanwhile there are rumours Portugal’s Alvaro Parente will lose his place as the team’s third driver after a sponsorship deal fell through. That would leave Luiz Razia as the team’s sole reserve driver.

click more pics: f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/02/04/virgin-vr-01-makes-track-debut-pictures/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ferrari: We still have lots to do for F1 2010

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali has warned his team to be cautious and not to take anything for granted, despite the fabulous form shown this week during testing at Valencia in Spain, the first test of the year.

The Scuderia blitzed the field this week with Felipe Massa setting the pace on days one and two, before Fernando Alonso took over and kept the Prancing Horse on top for the third and final day - with a 1 minute 11.470 second lap, the quickest time of the week.

Speaking following the three-day session though, Domenicali wasn't getting carried away and added that it would be wrong to make any assumptions.

"We know very well that the tests' lap times, especially this year, have to be handled with care. Using an Italian expression from football, we're still in 'August football'," Domenicali told Ferrari.com. "We can't forget where we were in terms of performance at the last GP last year. There is still a lot of work to do to close the gap and there are still many problems we have to solve.

"And then we don't know the petrol loads the other cars had on board, so it's impossible to get a clear idea of the relative strengths on the track. Maybe someone also wants to play hide and seek and some still have to present their cars.

"There are no miracles in F1: if you want to be fast you have to work hard for months and months and then you'll meet your competitors, who have as much capacities and are as motivated as you. We can't take anything for granted and we shouldn't delude ourselves by indications, which could be completely misleading.

read more: crash.net/f1/news/156589/1/ferrari_we_still_have_lots_to_do

"All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    a comparison of 2010 car and 2009 car see below:
    Interesting, the shape of the car wings etc seem more complex this year.
    FORZA FERRARI

I saw this and thought it was kind of funny:

10 worst F1 drivers
    Ten worst F1 careers | Formula 1 | F1 features | ESPN F1

Ferrari's own look-how-bad-you-are is in there.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ^rotl at his press nickname

but damn u have to wonder wtf with regards this guys unlucky crashes !

Taki Inoue
    As well as being one of F1's most hopeless drivers, finishing just five races from 18 attempts, he was also involved in two of the sport's most bizarre accidents.

1.At the 1995 Monaco Grand Prix he stalled during first qualifying and had to be towed back to the pits at the end of the session. Nothing too abnormal about that, but as he sat in the ****pit with his Footwork roped to a tow truck, he was hit and flipped by a Renault Clio course car driving full pelt around the circuit. Fortunately Inoue was wearing his helmet, and despite mild concussion, still took part in the race.

2.The second incident was at that year's Hungarian Grand Prix. Inoue retired on lap 14 with engine failure, and as he hustled marshals to get a fire extinguisher, he was hit by a course car at low speed. He staggered on his feet for a few seconds before clutching his leg and falling to the ground.

He retired from F1 for good at the end of the season. It was probably for the best.

oh and the swear filter doesnt like (****pit)
    "All We'll Drive"

Yeah that one was pretty bizzare.

I liked the one about the guy who crashed before the first corner on his first race and was fired.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ecclestone: F1 teams allowed to miss three grands prix

Bernie Ecclestone has admitted that he does not expect to see either Campos Meta 1 or USF1 on the starting grid for the F1 2010 curtain-raising Bahrain Grand Prix in Sakhir in just under six weeks' time – reasoning that according to the terms of the commercial rights-governing Concorde Agreement, teams are permitted to miss three races each year.

There have been doubts expressed about both Campos and USF1 for some time, with the former known to be in financial difficulty and seeking a buyer or at least a significant injection of cash, and little outward evidence of progress at the latter, despite the fact that the North Carolina-based squad was comfortably the first to express its intentions to join the fray in the top flight this season.

Now, Ecclestone has revealed that any team entered in the world championship is eligible to skip three of the season's races without penalty – and he predicted that until they have secured the funding that they need, USF1 and Campos will likely be absent from competition, for three of the four early and expensive long-haul flyaway grands prix at least. The $10m promised to the newcomers will only be paid out, the British billionaire added, once they take to the grid.

“I think we won't see Campos and I don't think we will see the Americans,” the Formula One Management (FOM) chief executive told the Sunday Express. “They are going to ask to miss three races. In the Concorde Agreement, the teams are allowed to miss three races.”

read more click: crash.net/f1/news/156639/1/ecclestone_f1_teams_allowed_to_miss_three_grands_p rix.html

"All We'll Drive"

If the team can't even make it to the first race they shouldn't be allowed in F1. It just doesn't work in this day and age. Even if they had somehow made a great car they will still be behind all the teams who have had testing and 3 races to develop the original concept. Their only hope is to be the other looser team.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Take a look at Force India's new, Mercedes-powered VJM03 - the car with which F1's undoubted 2009 breakthrough performer hopes to challenge for points and even podiums in 2010...
    Last season's breakthrough act Force India has unveiled the machine with which it will bid to maintain that impressive progress and challenge for regular points and even podium finishes in F1 2010 – the Mercedes-powered VJM03.

With team principal and chairman Dr. Vijay Mallya enthusing about the prospects ahead, continuity in the driver line-up with Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi and arguably the best engine in the sport in the back, hopes are understandably and justifiably high.

The VJM03 was launched online today (Tuesday), and the saying goes that if a car looks quick then it will be quick – so take a look at our gallery of shots to see if you reckon FIF1's new contender looks the business and let us know what you think by posting your thoughts on the comments page.
    [L-R]: Adrian Sutil, Paul di Resta and Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India F1

click: crash.net/f1/news/picture_gallery_force_india-mercedes_vjm03.html

Force India Official site: forceindiaf1
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Red Bull Racing has become the final established F1 team to launch its 2010 challenger after taking the wraps off the RB6 at Jerez.

Having elected to miss the Valencia test last week to complete extra work on the car, Red Bull revealed the car in the Jerez paddock prior to the opening day of testing, although wet weather conditions are likely to play a large part in the programmes run on Wednesday.

The new car is an evolution of the RB5 which carried Sebastian Vettel to second in the drivers' championship last year, with the German and team-mate Mark Webber helping Red Bull to finish second in the constructors' championship behind Brawn GP.

Like a number of teams, Red Bull has designed the car with a 'shark-fin' engine cover while changes to the rear of the car have allowed the team to make full use of a double diffuser.

“The car is a limousine!” Webber joked to the press during the launch. “We only had small aerodynamic changes so we didn't go crazy. It shows how clever Adrian Newey is that a lot of people copied our car (from last year).”

Webber was given the task of hitting the track to turn the first laps in the car and despite the fact that conditions are set to affect the maiden test of the RB6, team boss Christian Horner said the team wasn't worried about missing the Valencia session.

“We felt there was more to be gained off the track,” he said. “We set ourselves aggressive targets. We kept our heads down over the winter. We kept working on our concepts and Adrian has come up with a new, very good car.

“I think there are four race-winning teams: McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and us.”

Lotus F1, USF1 and Campos Meta are the only teams yet to launch their 2010 F1 machines, with Lotus scheduled to take the wraps off its car in London on Friday.

The remaining two teams have yet to schedule launches as questions continue to be asked about the viability of their planned entries.

click: crash.net/f1/news/red_bull_launches_limousine_at_jerez

Red Bull Racing: redbullracing/Car/Gallery/The-2010-Car-Is-Launched-GETTY/

Mark Webber in the Red Bull RB6

------------------------------------------------

more F1 Teams testing pics Feb 10
    click:

f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/02/10/f1-testing-pictures-10th-february/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Few know how to raise a future Formula One driver like Anthony Hamilton. The father of 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton fostered his son's development from birth through his F1 debut and world title the following year, and is still one of the most visible managers or family members in the sport. But Anthony isn't only interested in getting his own son into the sport, he apparently wants to help others as well.

Hamilton Sr. is in the process of arranging for several teams to lease their 2009 cars to him through his new GP Prep Drivers Academy. So far McLaren, with which the Hamiltons obviously share the closest ties, has already agreed to provide two cars, and negotiations are reportedly under way with other teams as well.

The driving force, so to speak, behind GP Prep is a result of the mid-season test ban still in place in Formula One. Because testing has been so severely curtailed, many aspiring drivers don't have a chance to get behind the wheel before their grand prix debut. Case in point Jaime Alguersuari, who incidentally backs the Hamilton venture, and who completed half a season with Scuderia Toro Rosso last year but couldn't participate in a test session until just a couple of weeks ago. Or recuperating drivers like Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa, who had to "borrow" old 2007-spec cars from Ferrari's client services department in order to get back up to speed.

GP Prep will manage to circumvent the rules because it's not part of any particular team, so who's to say what they can and can't do. The costs, however unbelievably, for a single day of testing will reportedly approach those of racing a full grand prix weekend. Still, there are more than a handful of drivers who'll want to take the opportunity to get up to speed – literally and figuratively – and sponsoring teams anxious for them to get there.

click: autoblog.com/2010/02/10/anthony-hamilton-leasing-fleet-of-f1-cars-for-gp-prep

-----------------------------------------------------

Anthony Hamilton is planning to run a fleet of 2009-spec Formula 1 cars in an effort to help young drivers gain mileage in current grand prix cars without being constrained by the testing restrictions, today's AUTOSPORT reveals.

The father of 2008 world champion Lewis, Hamilton intends to lease year-old cars, along with equipment and personnel, from teams and run them independently in a programme called the GP Prep Drivers Academy.

He has already agreed terms with McLaren for the supply of two cars, and is in advanced talks with other teams.

Hamilton said that the idea was to give young drivers who would otherwise not get a chance to test an F1 car a chance to prove their potential.

"If you look at our sport. drivers are very lucky to make F1, because there's no career path structure for it," Hamilton told AUTOSPORT.

from Autosport: autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81095
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-10-2010 at 07:23 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"