F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 30
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think it's horrible, now what happens to English based lotus? Stupid proton lotus can't be French.......

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I think it's horrible, now what happens to English based lotus? Stupid proton lotus can't be French....
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They're mirroring what happened to Lotus four decades ago, when they morphed from the green livery to the black/gold John Player Special livery and used the Renault turbo motors. I'm betting the cars will be quicker this year too.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Which team? there are Now 2 lotus teams on the grid.

Last years lotus, Team lotus based out of England and now renaultF1 is lotus (proton).

UK based team lotus will have Renault engines and red bull gearboxs and hydraulics.

French based proton lotus renault will have the Renault everything
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 12-08-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I dont think its a bad idea...Lotus's cars had tons of problems this year. Maybe next year they'll have better reliability.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LetsWRCinmyWRX View Post
    I dont think its a bad idea...Lotus's cars had tons of problems this year. Maybe next year they'll have better reliability.
    Obviously this years lotus (team lotus) will improve, red bull gearboxes and Renault engines will be a major improvement over cosworth and Xtract. Will they be as good as the torro rossos, Williams and force India is the question. I'm sure they will beat the hrts and virgins.

I think that lotus Renault will slide backwards next year, proton is a poorly run company and the competition from Mercedes GP will take points from them.

I Support ClubWRX
    More News...movable rear wings for 2011, and major engine formula change for 2013. 1.6 liter 4-bangers!

autosport.com - F1 News: FIA approves radical rules shake-up
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The starting grid is going to sound like **** with what 24 screaming 1.6 litre 4 cylinders.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did I read that right that they will be limited to 12,000 rpms? This is going to be an interesting technical challenge for the engineers at Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes. I'm thinking that this will also bring big changes to the amount of fuel that they have to carry around for the race.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Low-rev, 1.6L turbos with fuel limits are going to be tremendous IMO, not just for F1. Road car technology will benefit as well IMO. It definitely benefited when the turbo 1.5L cars were producing 800+ hp (The BMW motor was rumoured to make 1000+ on the dyno, using the "stock" block from the 70HP 315).

I fondly remember the 1.5L turbo days -- but I don't quite remember all those cars that didn't have a turbo motor and ended up using a Cosworth V8 atmospherically aspirated motor instead, because nobody remembers who finished 20th etc. every GP... No comparison to the turbo 1.5L cars!

I wonder how/why they settled on 1.6L and not 1.5 this time, and also why it took them so long to go back to turbos.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't see mention of turbos. Do you have a source for that?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Argh!... I see "DI" and think "FI" instead... You are right! Direct injection! Doh!

Off to pour a cup of coffee...

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    OK so turbo and direct injection with a max fuel pressure of 500 bar, 1.6L. This has "1200HP" written all over it. It's only a matter of time before they figure out how to make the fuel restrictions less and less meaningful. I'm liking this.