F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 3
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The last couple seasons have actually pretty exciting. It is amazing how different the the aerodynamic designs look when the ...

The last couple seasons have actually pretty exciting.

It is amazing how different the the aerodynamic designs look when the regulations are so restrictive.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Shakedown cancelled again, as concerns surround new Ferrari

The double cancellation of Ferrari's planned shakedown of the new F10 at Fiorano won't have major implications for the team's early-season performance, but there could still be trouble ahead if rumours in the Italian media prove to be true.

Although Ferrari is maintaining that Felipe Massa's debut in the 2010 contender was canned on both Thursday and Friday because of ice and snow at its private test facility, speculation in the press suggests that the F10 is already failing to live up to expectation, with a 'B-spec' version already being considered at Maranello as the team leaves for the first group test of the season in Valencia, which starts on Monday [1 February].

Of course, there was no such suggestion at the launch in Maranello on Thursday, with the engineering and design team revealing details of the car they hope will return the Prancing Horse to the top step of the podium on a regular basis this season. With Massa sidelined just after half-distance in last year's campaign, and Kimi Raikkonen managing just a single victory for the team, there is a lot riding on the F10 as the Brazilian and new team-mate Fernando Alonso chase the world title.

read more: crash.net/f1/shakedown_cancelled_again_as_concerns_surround_new _ferrari.html
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

****!
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I heard he might have a new watch sponsor this season but he did up until last season as far as I know. He and Massa had the best watch contracts.
    That's tough though once you've had AP as a sponsor. How do you keep a straight face endorsing something else? I suppose Blancpain and Vacheron Constantin are reasonable alternatives, but going to a more pedestrian brand just doesn't seem right...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Jenson Button - Q&A

Q:

This is the first time you've seen the car with the world champion's number one on the nosecone, how does that make you feel?

Jenson Button:
    It feels fantastic! Winning the world championship last year was such a momentous achievement for me, but the winter has gone so quickly, I've been so busy and so focused on the year ahead, that the 2009 season already feels such a long time ago. It all still feels slightly surreal. But it's an incredible feeling. I'm incredibly proud to be standing here today knowing I'll be carrying the number one for the whole season: that's a great responsibility but also a great honour. It's something I'm relishing. It looks so cool too!

read more: crash.net/f1/interview/jenson_button_-_qa

----------------------------------------------------------

Lewis Hamilton - Q&A

Q:
    What do you think of the new car?

Lewis Hamilton:
    It looks brilliant. I've seen just how much effort and attention has gone into making this car what it is, we've been pushing like crazy to find the performance and I think you can see for yourselves that the result is something that looks very special, and very uncompromising. Of course, it's still too early to tell exactly how we'll fare against our rivals, but, after the pace we showed in the second half of last year, I feel very confident that we'll be able to maintain that momentum, and that we'll have a very competitive season.

read more: crash.net/f1/interview/lewis_hamilton_-_qa
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    That's tough though once you've had AP as a sponsor. How do you keep a straight face endorsing something else? I suppose Blancpain and Vacheron Constantin are reasonable alternatives, but going to a more pedestrian brand just doesn't seem right...
    Yeah I think the rumor is he is switching to Oris since they are the Williams team sponsor. I did see a recent picture from a test session where he clearly still had the AP though so who knows.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah I think the rumor is he is switching to Oris since they are the Williams team sponsor. I did see a recent picture from a test session where he clearly still had the AP though so who knows.
    Oris are great, I like the Frank Sinatra series... but they're no AP...

I almost believe the story about ice on the track, it's been very cold in southern Europe lately.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I am Spanish. In Spain there is a huge cult around Alonso for obvious patriotic pride reasons, but I am disappointed that he's become such an ass.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've said it before and I admit it: He's very quick under any conditions, has excellent development skills, is very driven, has an exceedingly strong work ethic and can get a car sorted or at the very least drive it to its full potential, and has enormous talent, plus at times he's had the best hair in all of F1, even in the wet like at Spa, and the longest, straightest sideburns...

...but he's also IMO a prima donna and with his posturing, chest thumping, and sabre rattling inevitably leading to conflict whenever he is not "#1," his attitude tends to go over worse than flatulence at a funeral.

Does his helmet still have "Elf" pastel blue livery when Shell is a Fiat sponsor? (BTW, isn't AGIP the lubes sponsor any more?)

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Renault launch 2010 F1 challenger the R30

Renault unveiled the new R30 prior to the start of the 2010 F1 winter testing season.The team rolled the R30 out at Valencia and was immediately apparent that the new car is a much sleeker design than the portly R29.

The car has seen extensive aerodynamic development, although the car rolled out still carried last years front end. Renault's Technical Director James Allinson stated that the team has been able to make considerable gains in the rear packaging of the car, mainly thanks to a new gearbox, which has allowed them fully optimise the diffuser regulations.

read: racecar-engineering/news/440677/renault-r30-launch.html

gallery: racecar-engineering/gallery/renault-r30-lauch-gallery

-----------------------------------------------------------

The new R30 was unveiled by Russian Petrov and team-mate Robert Kubica, who will form the all-new driver line-up of the French squad this year.

Twenty-five year-old Petrov, last year's runner-up in the GP2 series, becomes the first Russian Formula 1 driver in the history of the sport.

Petrov will be partnering Pole Kubica at Renault, who is hoping to turn around its fortunes following a dismal 2009 season in which the team scored just 26 points on its way to eighth place in the championship.

gallery: f1.gpupdate/photolarge=4678

read:autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81147
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-31-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Mercedes has taken the wraps of its new W01 ahead of the opening pre-season test of the F1 campaign in Spain.

Having revealed its livery during a launch event in Stuttgart, Mercedes has now given the public its first glimpse of the car that Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg will drive during 2010.

Rosberg will be given the honour of turning the first laps in the car during the morning session at Valencia, with Schumacher taking over during the afternoon.

click: crash.net/f1/news/mercedes_unveils_w01

gallery: f1.gpupdate.net/en/gallery=4766
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2010 gets underway as Valencia test begins

Felipe Massa posted the quickest time as the first F1 test of the new season kicked off in Spain, with former team-mate Michael Schumacher making his long-awaited return at the wheel of a modern-F1 machine.

While Schumacher garnered much of the attention, it was Massa who led the way for Ferrari as he completed more than 100 laps at the wheel of the new F10 – focusing on set-up work on the new machine and posting a quickest time of 1min 12.784secs.

That put the Brazilian two-tenths of a second clear of Pedro de la Rosa, who produced an encouraging performance for BMW Sauber following the unveiling of the C29 yesterday. The Spaniard admitted he was happy with his showing and promised there was still more to come as he gets used to his new surroundings, with the former McLaren man back in action on Wednesday. Kamui Kobayashi will sample the car on Tuesday.

“For me it was a very positive day,” de la Rosa said. “The car was reliable right from the beginning, which meant we could follow our programme perfectly without wasting any time. Also the car reacted to our changes very well. For me it was a day to get used to not only the new car but also to the team with all the people. And, of course, driving-wise there's more to come from me as this was only my first day after a long break.”

de la Rosa was followed on the timesheets by the returning Schumacher, who hit the track for his first run in the Mercedes W01 during the afternoon.

Taking over from team-mate Nico Rosberg, the German soon got into his stride to end the day half a second clear of his team-mate as Mercedes elected to give both drivers track time.

"We have had a very useful first day of testing here in Valencia,” team boss Ross Brawn said. “Our priority was to ensure that the new car was functioning properly and allow both drivers to use their short window of track time to get acclimatised to the car and its operations. Today's work has provided a good basis for the next couple of days and it was rewarding to see that the car ran reliably.

“I would like to say thank you to everyone at the factories in Brackley and Brixworth for all their hard work in preparing the car to test here this week. And finally, it's been a very special day to work with Nico for the first time, to work with Michael once again and to complete our first active day as the Mercedes-Benz works team."

read more: crash.net/f1/news/156458/1/f1_2010_gets_underway_as_valencia_test_begins.html

test times, day one

1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1min 12.574secs
    2. Pedro de la Rosa BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1min 12.784secs
    3. Michael Schumacher Mercedes GP 1min 12.947secs
    4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 1min 13.543secs
    5. Gary Paffett McLaren-Mercedes 1min 13.846secs
    6. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1min 14.449secs
    7. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1min 14.762secs
    8. Robert Kubica Renault 1min 15.000secs

click: crash.net/f1/news/156453/1/valencia_f1_test_times_day_one__1
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice livery. Poor Rosberg thinks he's German. Poor Schumi thinks he's 30. It'll be interesting to see who is more wrong.

I Support ClubWRX
    First all-Eastern team as far as I know. I like the yellow/black stuff, it's reminding me of the early 80s and is classic Renault livery. Don't their boots look like Converse Chuck Taylor hitops? Are they hiding under their jockey caps -- no faces visible...

Not sure how much it really means given we don't know the fuel loads but I'm glad Ferrari is #1.

I'd love to know what and how much the difference in car setup was between Rosberg and Schumacher.
    FORZA FERRARI