F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 29
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Wow, if the ,000+ Hublot is tacky, I guess my Casio sports watch is downright ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow, if the $10,000+ Hublot is tacky, I guess my $50 Casio sports watch is downright trailer park.
    Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's automatically classy. Perhaps garish would be a better description. The one picture isn't as over the top as some of their creations. They generally use cheap standard movements though, at astronomical prices.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-07-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It has a bit of an "Audemars Royal Oakish" look to it but the bezel is shaped like a brake disc. It's not something I could wear daily. Probably more for collectors I'd imagine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I've had the tag kirum F1 for almost 10 years. Great watch lots of functionality.

"It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    I tried a Kirium on once, a while back, and it was striking how comfortable the band was. I think they did a good job with getting just the right curvature, and the band is not a "scalper" and doesn't pull hairs.

TAG/Heuer were brilliant to reintroduce their "70s" race-style watches. They got lots of press and they're nice pieces.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alas, watches fall into the rather large pile designated "stuff that Ray would never spend more than $100 on"... but don't feel bad, I'm a snob about other things.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Alas, watches fall into the rather large pile designated "stuff that Ray would never spend more than $100 on"... but don't feel bad, I'm a snob about other things.
    There are entire fora dedicated to inexpensive watches, and low-budget watches have a huge worldwide fan base. Anything that's available for lots of money is generally available for lots less (with the possible exception of a tourbillon). I love inexpensive watches too. I've got four or five automatics that cost less than $100 (maybe more, I haven't done a count since I'm trying to detox from watches and have not bought a watch in some time to get out of the addict phase).

In the 80s/90s TAG Heuer did an "F1" series, including a then-contemporary Benetton style series (with lost of colours etc.).

I have a shameful number for watches but most are quite affordable. I trade and sell some here and there as well to get new stuff in the collection without shelling out a ton all the time.

I had a TAG F1 for a few years, it was a nice watch but i recently traded it for a Hamilton with a valjoux.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-07-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i would like to get the Edox WRC Chronorally watch....

altho i think to fund it i should sell a few omega, cartier or swatch watches lolz
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-07-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    I wear a Jacques LeMans F1 that I got for $100
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were to get a chronograph at this stage, and I had the money, I'd almost certainly go with a Speedmaster Pro "Moon" even though it's manual wind. There's just something about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SpeedyProMoon.JPG  

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I stick my hands in fishtanks for a living, I need waterproof.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If I were to get a chronograph at this stage, and I had the money, I'd almost certainly go with a Speedmaster Pro "Moon" even though it's manual wind. There's just something about it.
    +1 It's a classic. It's hardly changed since the original and it still looks great.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    I stick my hands in fishtanks for a living, I need waterproof.
    There is a Speedy auto that is 100 m rated if memory serves. The Moon Watch is only 30 m rated (but will work in a vacuum...). For the wet stuff I have two Seamasters (one 70s, one Bond), a Seiko, an Aqualand, and some other stuff.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The Moon Watch is only 30 m rated (but will work in a vacuum...).

orly ....
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Kinda interesting, Renault F1 and the Lotus Group joining forces:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...medium=twitter
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon