F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 Looks like redbull is back in a major way. there is that distinct possibility that they ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Looks like redbull is back in a major way.
    there is that distinct possibility that they will crash.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree it's at least possible the Red Bulls will crash, particularly with one another. No need to investigate team orders there; what orders may have been given are apparently ignored anyway.

If Alonso were Senna (the uncle, Ayrton, not the nephew) he'd simply do the math, see who has the greatest probability of winning whilst also posing a championship threat, and simply ram them before turn 1. Times change though, and nowadays all people do is go crying to their home country's press. Oh, well.

Am looking forward to a great GP, and hoping to see Renault do very well this time!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    and hoping to see Renault do very well this time!

So much for hoping...

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes that didn't end well for them. Shame. I have a soft spot for Renault from way back when they were all civil servants and doing well against any takers. Plus they've gone back to their yellow livery so it's very nostalgic. Maybe next time.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Lots of weird retirements this time.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, it was entertaining, even if the results were fairly predictable barring any breakdown. I wanted to see more of Leonardo Decaprio, err, I mean Rosberg holding off Michael.

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Video: White Lake Formula 1 Ring slot car track

Ah, enthusiasts. Damn the torpedoes, time and money; when the dedicated maven decides to make something of his own, he doesn't just do it a little. Hence, when James-Michael Gregory Harlan of Pontiac, Michigan wanted a slot car track as long as his name, he made it himself and called it the White Lake Formula 1 Ring.

An exhibit designer by trade, Harlan brought his massive skills to the endeavor by creating a track he believes "comprised many of the challenges one might encounter on a modern F1 circuit." Hermann Tilke should take notes. The track itself is CNC routed on the AC2car system that lets two cars run on the same slot – giving racers a chance to pass each other using the lane changers.

Built in a 20-square-foot space, the ring is 1/32-scale, the lap is 145 feet long, and it features 19 turns and 2.5 feet of elevation change. Surrounding it is a hand-built and painted environment that includes pit lanes, a helipad and crane, bleachers and viewing towers, and lights for night racing. It comes as no surprise that he's been working on it for years. You can see the fruits of his labor in the video after the jump and the gallery of high-res photos below.

Click: autoblog.com/video-white-lake-formula-1-ring-slot-car-track/

Direct YT vid: youtube.com/watch?v=lemEAOlcxKE

Gallery: autoblog.com/photos/james-michael-harlans-white-lake-f1-slot-car-ring/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    That was sooo awsome.Great planning & attention to detail.Someone please show this to Bernie & tell him to fire Tilke.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Korean GP - October 22-24

Circuit Info

The decision to award a grand prix to Korea was greeted with mixed reactions, with critics quick to point out the country has no racing tradition and it was another case of the FOM putting money before anything else.

The location was also an issue. While organisers wanted a venue near Seoul, they ended up with one in Yeongam County, more than four hours from the capital.

The construction of the Hermann Tilke-designed circuit started in November 2007 but was still some way short of being finished by the scheduled completion date of July 2010, three months before the inaugural grand prix.

The 3.5-mile circuit is built on 425 acres of reclaimed land beside an artificial seaside lake. The anti-clockwise track features the calendar's longest straight, allowing for speeds of up to 320km per hour. The grandstands will accommodate up to 135,000 people, although the remote location makes it likely that capacity will not be tested.

The organisers have a seven-year deal to host the race, with an option to renew for a further five-year term.

Click: en.espnf1.com/korea/motorsport/circuit/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    This could be really interesting on a completely green track that no one has even tested on. Or it could be a disaster, with the pavement coming apart, barriers failing, etc.

The Morris Garage

I worry about the start of the race particularly turns 1 and 3 with 24 cars bottlenecking from 200+ to 30
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Either way it seems F1 fans are stuck with a Korean GP for... seven years, whether the track falls apart or not, whether there is any tradition at all or not, whether we like it or not... Money changes everything.

Question

I'm looking forward to driving down to Texas summer after next and seeing an inaugural race. I don't get what's different about this race and Abu dhabi, marina check! Long ass straight with slow exits check! No elevation changes check! I really hope they use the texas hill country to their advantage building the track.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No gearbox penalty for Hamilton in Korea

Lewis Hamilton will not be taking a five-place grid penalty in Korea next weekend, his team boss Martin Whitmarsh has confirmed.

The McLaren driver moved five places down the Suzuka grid due to an unscheduled gearbox change before qualifying, and he then finished the Japanese race without third gear that further dented his fading championship hopes.

It is believed a dog-ring failed in Hamilton’s replaced gearbox, but Whitmarsh said in Japan that he was “confident” it could be fixed without incurring another five-place penalty for Korea.

But he also told reporters at Suzuka that the second issue would not be a problem for Korea, despite the new gearbox potentially not lasting the mandatory four races.

“We’ve taken the penalty for this weekend so we have a free gearbox change for the next race,” said Whitmarsh.

On Friday in a team statement, the Briton moved to clarify the issue.

“Lewis will not face a second successive five-place grid penalty” in Korea, said Whitmarsh.

“The gearbox regulations were framed to ensure teams weren’t penalised twice for the same gearbox issue, so Lewis will go into the weekend without risk of further penalty,” he added.

http://fantasyracings.com/2010/10/no...lton-in-korea/
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Formula One's travelling circus is arriving in South Korea, and the first reports are mixed.

BBC television anchor Jake Humphrey summed up the Yeongam venue as satisfactory but "far from finished".

"Things look pretty ready to go," said Virgin driver Lucas di Grassi, "with some beauty work still to be finished but the main structure is ready."

Others talked about their long journeys from the huge Seoul airport to Mokpo, the closest city to Yeongam, in the impressive high-speed KTX train with free wi-fi.

Photographer Darren Heath was less impressed with the journey, tackled by many in buses. "F1 in Seoul? Nah, let's have it in the middle of nowhere 100s of miles from anywhere," he wrote on Twitter.

Veteran Swiss correspondent Roger Benoit, writing in Blick newspaper, said the F1 track itself is an "enormous construction site", and his hotel room one of the ones usually rented by the hour. "No joke," he said.

Reportedly so unimpressed was Williams with the local accommodation on offer that the British team has committed to a three-hour round trip every day in order to stay in a nicer hotel. "Dominating the venue are the excavators, debris and waste," wrote Benoit, who said a bridge over the front straight is still littered with scaffolding and hard-hatted workers.

Sauber's team manager Beat Zehnder complained about the cost of the team buildings, with the rent costing $40,000. "Whoever wants to use the upper floor must pay another $20,000," he said, "but everyone has decided to just use the ground floor! I'm already looking forward to the final races in Sao Paulo and Abu Dhabi!"

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport said rolling machines are still working on the recently-laid top surface of asphalt, with the paint for the starting grid yet to be sprayed. "Only on Friday will we know whether the surface will withstand the stresses of formula one cars," read the report. "Everything on the sandy site is under construction. Next to the pitlane is a large pile of sand. Whoever didn't know that F1 is running here in a few days would think it's not happening until next year."

German Sky television pundit Marc Surer reports in Speed Week that the seating in some grandstands is not complete. "Much remains to be done, but as for the track itself, I am surprised that it is ready," he said. "Whether it can withstand hours of practice and racing, however, is another question."

Click: en.espnf1.com/korea/motorsport/story/31491

"All We'll Drive"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.