F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 22
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ferrari looks set to escape further sanction over its alleged deployment of team orders in the German Grand Prix. The ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ferrari looks set to escape further sanction over its alleged deployment of team orders in the German Grand Prix.

The team was fined $100,000 by the Hockenheim race stewards and referred to the FIA World Motor Sport Council after Felipe Massa slowed and allowed Fernando Alonso to pass him for the lead - with the Spaniard going on to take a win that resurrected his title bid.

The WMSC hearing over the matter took place in Paris today, but Angelo Sticchi Damiani, head of Italian motorsport federation the CSAI, told reporters outside that the governing body had agreed unanimously not to impose any extra punishment, according to the Reuters news agency.

Team orders have been banned in Formula 1 since the outcry over Ferrari's handling of the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix, when Rubens Barrichello handed victory to team-mate Michael Schumacher within sight of the chequered flag - even though the German already had a comfortable lead.

Suspicions were aroused at Hockenheim when Ferrari informed Massa over the radio that Alonso was "faster" than him, and then asked if he "understood" the message. Shortly afterwards, the Brazilian relinquished the lead and was subsequently thanked by his engineer Rob Smedley, who also said "sorry" in the same radio transmission.

Ferrari argued that it was Massa's own choice to cede the lead, and that it had simply presented the situation to him over the radio. Alonso had been the quicker of the Ferrari drivers for much of the weekend, but was passed by his team-mate at the start.

Click: autosport.com/news/report/86478

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

**** yeah!
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Singapore Grand Prix September 24-26

Click: espnf1.com/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

its been awhile..with f1 2010 out now i dont even know if i have time to watch real f1 LOL.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

I Support ClubWRX
    With rain predicted throughout the race weekend,this should be fun
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Merk247 View Post
    its been awhile..with f1 2010 out now i dont even know if i have time to watch real f1 LOL.

Semi OT: I just picked up a copy today it's an awesome game.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 09-24-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I'm going to get the f1 2010 for PS3 tommorow, can't wait.

Did u guys hear on today's qualifying broadcast? Ground effects and turbos coming back in 2013. Big volume diffusers active, front wings, turbos and ground effects, it sounds like F1 is going back to the good stuff.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I had heard about that before but also that they are also switching to 4 cylinders.
    FORZA FERRARI

There was no mention of a 4 cyl, they asked button his opinion and he thinks they need to go up in displacement to 3.0l and make closer to 1000 hp
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

They haven't finalized the rule changes maybe they are backing off of the 4 cylinder idea but heres the article

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/27521.html
    FORZA FERRARI

Why limit them to 10,000RPM? I don't really love the idea of 4 cylinder engines but 20,000 RPM and big turbos making 1,000 hp would be awesome

I Support ClubWRX
    I remember several 4 cyl cars in F1 and they were great cars, very entertaining to watch. I'd not mind if they go to 4 cyl.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The race was a bit dull but nice work by Alonso.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Lewis,

Stop being the one whose car breaks
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Very boring GP this time round. They really need to reconsider all the new courses in Asia, because none of them have any historic interest (to be expected, since they're new...) and many of them are just poor in layout -- they're technically challenging and provide amenities but they're boring to watch.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.