F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 20
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would have much rather seen the two Ferraris collide like the Red Bulls previously, but on the other hand ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I would have much rather seen the two Ferraris collide like the Red Bulls previously, but on the other hand I don't see how banning team orders makes any sense.

Running an F1 team costs more than some nations spend on defense annually. These are major operations that employ hundreds of people. Situations like this are common in F1, and it is only logical for a team to do exactly what Ferrari have done: position their cars for maximum benefit.

I'm no Alonso fan but I doubt he honestly would have wanted to win this way.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Austin F1 track location revealed

Back in May, Formula One Group CEO Bernie Ecclestone announced that the racing organization had secured a deal with the city of Austin, Texas to bring the series to America for 10 years. All of that sounded great to American racing fans, but there have been lingering questions as to whether it was possible to get the city ready for F1 by 2012, which is when the contract is scheduled to go into effect.

At least one piece of the puzzle is now resolved as the location for the future track has been revealed at a press conference today in Austin. A total of 900 acres is said to be available at a site in southeastern Travis County, most of which had previously been set aside for a planned subdivision called Wandering Creek.

At this point, officials for the proposed track hope to have permits in hand and work beginning on the site in December. Says Bobby Epstein, an investor in Wandering Creek, "I'm elated and hope this all comes to fruition... I'm highly optimistic that all the moving parts will come together."

According to News 8 in Austin, Red McCombs, founder of the McCombs Automotive Group and former owner of the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Vikings, is backing the project, which he is reportedly calling "Speed City."

Click: autoblog.com/2010/07/27/austin-f1-track-location

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hungarian GP Aug 1.

Click: en.espnf1.com/hungary/circuit/1311

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hungarian GP, Hungaroring - Friday free practice (combined)

Red Bull Racing man Sebastian Vettel dominates Friday practice in Hungary - and ends day half a second up on Fernando Alonso's Ferrari.

1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 20.087s
    2. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 20.584s
    3. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 20.597s
    4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 20.986s
    5. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 21.195s
    6. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.308s
    7. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 21.375s
    8. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 21.623s
    9. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.730s
    10. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 21.773s
    11. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 21.809s
    12. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 21.844s
    13. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 22.039s
    14. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 22.212s
    15. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 22.469s
    16. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 22.507s
    17. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 22.602s
    18. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 23.138s**
    19. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 23.520s*
    20. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 24.553s
    21. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 25.210s***
    22. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 25.376s
    23. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 25.669s
    24. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 26.745s
    25. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 26.798s

all times unofficial

Note: * denotes only took part in FP1; ** denotes only took part in FP2; *** denotes set quickest time in FP1

Click: crash.net/f1/results/162053/1/hungarian_gp_friday_free_practice_combined

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hungarian GP, Hungaroring – Qualifying times

Sebastian Vettel scorches to pole position in Red Bull 1-2 at Hungaroring.

1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 18.773s
    2. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 19.184s
    3. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 19.987s
    4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 20.331s
    5. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 20.499s
    6. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 21.082s
    7. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 21.229s
    8. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 21.328s
    9. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 21.411s
    10. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 21.710s

11. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.292s
    12. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 21.331s
    13. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 21.517s
    14. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 21.630s
    15. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 21.897s
    16. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 21.927s
    17. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 21.998s

18. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 22.222s
    19. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 24.050s
    20. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 24.120s
    21. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 24.199s
    22. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 25.118s
    23. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 26.391s
    24. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 26.453s

all times unofficial

Click: crash.net/hungary/qualifying

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Schumacher handed 10-place grid penalty for Spa

Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher has been penalised by the Hungarian race stewards for his clash with Williams’ Rubens Barrichello in the closing laps of the Hungarian Grand Prix. Schumacher has been handed a 10-place grid penalty for the forthcoming Belgian race.

As Barrichello attempted to overtake the German on Lap 66 on the main straight, the seven-time champion appeared to move over on the Brazilian and push him towards the pit wall.

After a post-race investigation the stewards decided Schumacher had "illegitimately impeded car 9 during an overtaking manoeuvre” and handed him the grid penalty for the Belgian race, which will take place at Spa-Francorchamps from August 27-29.

Click: formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/8/11113

---------------------------------

Renault and Mercedes fined for pit-stop errors

The Renault and Mercedes GP teams have been each fined $50,000 by the FIA for pit-stop mistakes during the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Renault were fined after Robert Kubica was unsafely released from his stop into the path of Force India’s Adrian Sutil. Kubica and Sutil collided as a result and Sutil was forced to retire immediately. Kubica continued and was handed a 10-second stop-and-go penalty during the race before also retiring with accident damage.

Mercedes GP were fined the same amount for the unsafe release of Nico Rosberg after his stop. The right-rear tyre of Rosberg’s car came off as he started down the pit lane and only came to a stop after hitting Williams mechanic Nigel Hope in the back. Hope was fortunately uninjured.

Click: formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/8/11112

"All We'll Drive"

intresting race..michaels move on rubens was outrageous had he pushed another foot the williams would have been in the wall. webber drove like his life depended on it pulling out the gap for his pitstop great result.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

I don't even understand how Webber could be so quick and stay on those tires so long.

Vettel acted like a spoiled brat at the podium/press conference.

I was hoping for a while that Alonso would make 1st but I think we were lucky to get 2nd and 4th.

Oh well if Ferrari can't win I'd rather see Redbull win the championship than the evil Mclaren.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Oh well if Ferrari can't win I'd rather see Redbull win the championship than the evil Mclaren.
    lalalalalala

"All We'll Drive"

Somehow you always seem to find the perfect picture for every situation.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    tehehehe
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Great GP. Spa is going to be terrific.

So Vetel delayed the pack, violating the pace car distance rule and allowing Weber a very comfortable lead (that Weber did not need anyway, but at least he was not under immediate pressure as a result), and did so without team orders?

Really?

What team would not order him to do so? Are they a good team if they don't?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

the teams pay millions of dollars just to make to grid..so what if they want a specific driver to win based on points standings..team orders should be allowed to some extent imo..
    Last edited by Merk247; 08-02-2010 at 11:56 AM.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Rubens Barrichello has hit out at former team-mate Michael Schumacher over the incident between the pair in Hungary, insisting that he 'doesn't want to go to heaven' before the German.

The pair were fighting for the final point in the Hungarian Grand Prix when Schumacher pushed Barrichello towards the pit wall in the closing stages of the race, with Barrichello lucky to avoid contact with the wall as he squeezed through to take the position.

The Brazilian was clearly riled by the incident on the team radio straightaway, while stewards elected to hand Schumacher a ten place grid penalty for the manner in which he had tried to defend his position.

Barrichello insisted that Schumacher's move was the most dangerous he had seen during the career and insisted it had been far from fair on track.

"I like a fair fight,” he told German TV straight after the race, “but that wasn't fair here.

"If Michael wants to go to heaven - in the event that he is going to heaven - then I don't really care. But I don't want to go before him."

Barrichello then added to reporters that he had no intention of speaking to Schumacher about the incident and was just lucky the pit wall ended where it did.

“No, I don't want to, because it won't resolve [anything],” he said. “You know Michael; you talk to him and he always thinks he's right. I just think I'm a fair guy and justice was done today in a way. He's been out of F1 for three years and we can see he hasn't changed; he's still the same guy.

“I was lucky that the wall finished at that point, because I was millimetres from the wall. You wouldn't expect someone with so much experience to do that; you would expect someone with ten races to do that kind of thing.

“But for him, who has been through so many things… He's carrying something from the past that was not necessary today.”

Click: crash.net/f1/news/162158/1/barrichello_i_dont_want_to_go_to_heaven

------------------------------------

Having had the chance to look at his move on Rubens Barrichello once again in the cold light of day, Michael Schumacher has admitted that stewards at the Hungarian Grand Prix were right to penalise him over his driving.

Schumacher issued a statement on his official website on Monday afternoon in which he reflected further on the incident and insisted he was sorry if Barrichello felt he had been endangered by the move in the closing stages of the Hungaroring race.

The pair were fighting for tenth place when Barrichello got alongside on the start finish straight, only for Schumacher to force him towards the pit wall.

Although the German denied doing anything wrong, stewards thought otherwise and handed out a ten place grid penalty to be taken after the summer break at Spa.

Having had chance to look at footage again himself, Schumacher admitted the stewards had got it right and that his move to defend position had been too hard.

"Immediately after the race yesterday I was still in the heat of it all, but after I looked again at the situation with Rubens I have to say that the stewards were correct with their judgement," he wrote. “The move I made against him was too hard.

“I didn't want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he was left with this feeling then I am sorry as this was not my intention.”

Click: crash.net/f1/news/162172/1/schumacher_admits_stewards

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-02-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    America's largest outdoor advertising and radio station network, Clear Channel, appears poised to gain rights to promote Formula 1 in the United States.

The co-founder of Clear Channel, Billy Joe "Red" McCombs, has been revealed as the man behind the proposal to build a track outside of Austin, Texas to host a future F1 race, so it's not surprising that Clear Channel would be in the mix. Although he sold his shares in the company a few years ago he's still on the board and the new owners of Clear Channel would be wise to go after the 520 million pairs of eyes that F1 has worldwide.

U.S. involvement in Formula 1 has had a bit of a checkered past, most recently with a failed attempt to reach the grid by a U.S. based team this season and the dissolution of the U.S. Grand Prix at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2007. While American fans of F1 are just as rabid as anywhere else on Earth, the TV audience and business interest in the world's greatest form of motorsport has mirrored that of futbol – interesting, but not our thing. We export entertainment, we don't import it. Perhaps Clear Channel can help to change that.

Click: autoblog.com/2010/08/03/report-clear-channel-to-promote-f1-in-the-u-s/

telegraph.co.uk/finance/7920377/Clear-Channel-to-restart-Formula-One-in-US

"All We'll Drive"