F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 19
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had ample opportunities to scream at the television today. The Ferrari car doesn't seem all that bad but everything ...

I had ample opportunities to scream at the television today. The Ferrari car doesn't seem all that bad but everything just seems to go so wrong.

At least Webber won though. The Vettel v. Webber battle is pretty entertaining.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Can't believe they cut the interviews for an infomercial. A new all time low. I would have loved to hear Webber talk.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Not into naming curves for sponsors but looking forward to the race just the same

The way F1 sponsorship seems to be going I'm surprised not every turn in every grand prix isn't named after Banco Santander.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I suppose "Bar Code Kurve" wouldn't work so great

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sutil quickest as Hamilton crashes out

Adrian Sutil called on all his home experience to set the pace during the first practice session for the German Grand Prix, as heavy rain hit the Hockenheim circuit on Friday morning.

Sutil clocked a quickest time of 1m25.701 late in the session to finish over a second ahead of Felipe Massa and Jenson Button in second and third.

With inclement weather expected to play a part for the majority of the weekend, teams flooded onto the circuit to make the most of their track time on both full wet and intermediate tyres. Several drivers had off-track excursions while trying to find the limits of their cars in the slippery conditions, Massa in particular struggling on the wet tarmac.

McLaren endured a torrid session. Jenson Button, known for liking a car with slightly more understeer in his set-up, complained about the pointiness of his McLaren, the twitchy rear end of his car giving him little confidence in the wet.

Team-mate Lewis Hamilton fared even worse, the championship leader losing control of his McLaren at turn three before crashing into the barriers. The car had extensive damage to the rear as well as the left-rear wheel hanging off. McLaren is confident it will be able to repair it before the second session and has a spare blown diffuser to replace the mangled rear end.

©sutton images

With the rain easing and lap times falling, many teams opted to switch to intermediate tyres and the pace improved dramatically in the final few minutes. But Michael Schumacher bizarrely opted to remain on full wets, managing only a handful of laps and finishing well down the order. Ross Brawn later explained that the team was struggling with its rear wing and simply wanted to run a test on the car before attempting a more competitive lap in the second session.

The Mercedes is clearly quick as Nico Rosberg spent much of the session at the top of the time sheets as conditions changed. He finished sixth overall but only because he didn't put a competitive lap in towards the end when the track was at its driest.

As a result of the mixed conditions the times are fairly meaningless and reflect the state of the circuit when the time was set rather than the driver's ability. Therefore, Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso will have no concerns about finishing the session outside the top ten.

Rain is predicted for the second practice session although forecasts have been fairly unreliable so far this weekend.

Click: espnf1.com/germany/story/23934

------------------------------------

German Grand Prix, Hockenheim - Friday free practice (1)
    Adrian Sutil leads opening practice session as forecast rain dominates.

1. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 25.701s
    2. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 26.850s
    3. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 26.936s
    4. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 26.947s
    5. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 26.948s
    6. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 27.448s
    7. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 28.114s
    8. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 28.193s
    9. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 28.300s
    10. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 28.486s
    11. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 28.735s
    12. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 28.735s
    13. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 28.903s
    14. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 29.048s
    15. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 29.280s
    16. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 29.366s
    17. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 29.429s
    18. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 29.500s
    19. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 29.684s
    20. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 29.690s
    21. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia Lotus-Cosworth 1m 30.938s
    22. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 31.720s
    23. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 32.450s
    24. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 32.791s

all times unofficial

Click: crash.net/f1/results/161818/1/german_grand_prix_hockenheim_friday_FP1

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-23-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    German GP, Hockenheim - Friday free practice (combined)
    Fernando Alonso and Ferrari end day one of German GP on top of times as Hockenheim provides wet-dry challenge.

1. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 16.265s
    2. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 16.294s
    3. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 16.438s
    4. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 16.585s
    5. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 16.827s
    6. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 16.971s
    7. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 17.004s
    8. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 17.009s
    9. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 17.056s
    10. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 17.204s
    11. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 17.336s
    12. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 17.547s
    13. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 17.573s
    14. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 17.701s
    15. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 17.739s
    16. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 17.871s
    17. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 18.147s
    18. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 19.327s
    19. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 19.553s
    20. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 20.008s
    21. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 20.106s
    22. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 20.377s
    23. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 21.988s
    24. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 23.066s
    25. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia Lotus-Cosworth 1m 30.938s*

all times unofficial

* denotes driver setting time in first of two 90-minute sessions, when track remained wet

Click: crash.net/f1/results/161831/1/german_gp_hockenheim_-_friday_free_practice_combined

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    bleh ferrari makin massa let alonso by is bollox !
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Exclamation

Ferrari summoned by FIA stewards
    FIA summons Ferrari team bosses following controversial German GP
    Ferrari has been summoned to appear before the race stewards following the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.

The call from the stewards has come after the controversial radio call that was made by the team that saw Felipe Massa slow to allow Fernando Alonso to take the lead.

Massa had led the race from the start before the call came from engineer Rob Smedley informing him that 'Fernando is faster than you' before the Brazilian was asked to confirm that he 'understood that message'.

Massa then slowed on the following lap to allow Alonso through into the lead, with Smedley then apologising to his driver.

Team orders are banned in the sport following a number of controversial incidents in the past.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/summoned_by_fia_stewards

---------------------------------

German GP result stands, for now - Ferrari fined
    Ferrari keeps its 1-2 in the German Grand Prix for now at least, as the FIA refers the matter to the WMSC and hands out a $100,000 fine

Ferrari has been fined following the controversy that surrounded Fernando Alonso's move for the lead on Felipe Massa at Hockenheim but the result of the race will stand – for now.

Race stewards looked into the matter following the race after Massa appeared to be told over the radio to allow Alonso through into the lead, which he did just a lap after the conversation with engineer Rob Smedley.

While Ferrari was quick to deny that it had ordered Massa to let his team-mate through and said team orders hadn't been imposed, stewards took a difficult view after meeting with team bosses and both drivers.

Finding the team guilty of breaking the rules on team orders and of bringing the sport into disrepute, the FIA has handed down a fine of $100,000 and announced that the matter will be referred to the World Motor Sport Council.

While that means that the result of the event currently stands, the WMSC will ultimately take the decision over whether or not further sanctions should be imposed.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/german_gp_result_stands_for_now_-_ferrari_fined

---------------------------

Team order controversy returns as Alonso wins
    Fernando Alonso wins the German Grand Prix, but its a win tainted by controversy as Felipe Massa is asked to allow his team-mate through

Fernando Alonso has secured his second victory of the 2010 F1 season, but it proved to be a somewhat hollow success after team-mate Felipe Massa was told to allow the Spaniard through.

At the start of the race, Massa had jumped into the lead with pole-sitter Sebastian Vettel being so focused on defending from Alonso that he failed to notice the Brazilian blasting up the outside on the run into turn one.

Alonso got ahead of Vettel into the opening corner to put the Ferraris into first and second and the top three managed to break away from the chasing pack, which was headed by the McLaren of Lewis Hamilton.

Hamilton had battled ahead of Mark Webber on the opening lap of the race after going down the inside into the hairpin, with Webber running fifth and Jenson Button sixth – the defending champion having been forced to lift off at turn one to avoid running into the rear of Vettel's Red Bull.

After the top three made their stops, Alonso was able to put Massa under pressure as the Brazilian struggled to come to terms with the harder compound tyres with Alonso making a move for the lead on lap 20 as they pair lapped Bruno Senna and Timo Glock heading into the hairpin.

Massa was able to retain his lead and a series of quick laps allowed him to open up an advantage of more than three seconds, before Alonso responded to bring the gap back down as the two leaders made their way through the backmarkers. Vettel meanwhile had been close to the squabbling Ferraris before losing time passing Senna having been lucky to avoid running into the Hispania man.

It looked like Massa was set to celebrate the first anniversary of his accident in Hungary with a popular victory, before race engineer Rob Smedley came on the radio to tell the Brazilian that 'Fernando is faster than you. Confirm you understand'.

While team orders may be banned, ironically as a result of Ferrari's actions in the past, it appeared to be a clear request for the Brazilian to cede position and on lap 49, he slowed exiting the hairpin to allow Alonso through – with Smedley then coming back on the radio to tell his driver he was sorry.

Read More Click: crash.net/f1/race+report/team_order_controversy_returns

"All We'll Drive"

Everyonbe does some kind of team orders but why they were so blatant about I don't know.

I enjoyed seeing Ferrari win but it may not matter if the WMSC comes down hard on them.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i think everyone woulda enjoyed the race a lot more if ferrari had just let the race be and let massa take the win
    (esp since it was a yr to date of massa's huge accident)
    as far as mfr's points are concerned it doesnt matter what order they came in 1&2.
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    i think everyone woulda enjoyed the race a lot more if ferrari had just let the race be and let massa take the win
    (esp since it was a yr to date of massa's huge accident)
    as far as mfr's points are concerned it doesnt matter what order they came in 1&2.
    Yeah I agree. I only really care about the constructors points and I wouldn't be surprised if the WMSC does some sort of WCC points penalty.
    FORZA FERRARI

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Everyonbe does some kind of team orders but why they were so blatant about I don't know.
    I hate team orders,but understand the reasoning.Again,why make it so dam obvious.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I hate team orders,but understand the reasoning.Again,why make it so dam obvious.
    Yeah this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. I totally understand why they want to do it and although it isn't nice they had a logical reason to do it but why oh why did they make it so damn obvious when they've been busted for it before.
    FORZA FERRARI