F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 18
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What a mess! I'm still not entirely sure what happened with Ferrari that caused them to drop so far down ...

What a mess!

I'm still not entirely sure what happened with Ferrari that caused them to drop so far down the field after the pit stop.

The penalties didn't even make a difference.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    missed the race

altho did see the news clip about webbers accident
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Webber relieved after 'nasty accident'
    Mark Webber: “I am OK, I lost some points, but in the end when you're up there, you're not worried about points, I was worried that I was OK and ready for Silverstone. You cannot control where you are going and how hard the hits are going to be.”

Red Bull Racing's Mark Webber was lucky to walk away uninjured from the European Grand Prix at Valencia in Spain today after his race came to a violent end early on.

Webber, who had started second, had a bad start and was down in ninth at the end of the opening lap. With little to lose, he became the first driver to stop for fresh tyres on lap 8. However, the gamble became academic, when his Red Bull cartwheeled over the back of the Lotus of Heikki Kovalainen following a misunderstanding while battling for position.

Riding up over the right rear of the T127, the Australian was turned skywards before coming down on his rollhoop. The car then rolled back onto its belly and skated at barely abated speed into the turn twelve tyre wall and rebounded into the run-off area.

Fortunately Webber was able to throw out the steering wheel and clamber from the wreckage unaided, before being ushered into the medical car. Kovalainen, too, was unhurt, despite losing his rear wing and being fired into the retaining wall.

“I was going a lot faster than Heikki and then a long, long way before the braking point he braked - about 80m before - and at that point I'm a passenger,” Webber said. “The car, thank God, was very safe. I am OK, I lost some points, but in the end when you're up there, you're not worried about points, I was worried that I was OK and ready for Silverstone. You cannot control where you are going and how hard the hits are going to be.

“Of course, the hits were pretty hard but it's good that I am OK. It was my Monte Carlo and Barcelona winning chassis and one which has secured a lot of pole positions, so the chassis has been good to me, and it has been good to me today as it saved me from some injures. I remain incredibly positive, we go on, it's half way through the Championship. Bloody hell, let's get on with it.”

Red Bull Racing team boss, Christian Horner meanwhile was just thankful that his driver wasn't seriously hurt in what was a very scary incident: “The most important thing today is that Mark Webber is safe and OK. After a very nasty accident, he's fine,” Horner added.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/161093/1/webber_relieved_after_nasty_accident

---------------------------------------

Five second penalties handed to SC speeders
    Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg main benefactors after stewards penalise nine drivers post-Valencia.

The stewards have announced that all nine drivers that broke safety car rules during the European Grand Prix will receive five second penalties.

Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello, Nico Hulkenberg, Robert Kubica, Vitaly Petrov, Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Sebastien Buemi and Pedro de la Rosa were all deemed to have gone too fast under safety car conditions following Mark Webber's nasty crash.

However in terms of the end classification, only two of those drivers lose points as a result - namely Buemi, who drops from eighth to ninth and de la Rosa, who now finishes 12th instead of 10th.

Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg are the two main benefactors, the former moving up from ninth to eighth, while the latter goes from twelfth to tenth.

Felipe Massa, Jaime Alguersuari and Michael Schumacher also move up and now finish eleventh, 13th and 15th respectively, at the expense of Vitaly Petrov and Vitantonio Liuzzi.

Virgin's Timo Glock meanwhile was penalised too, after he ignored the blue flags while battling with Bruno Senna. The 20-second penalty he received drops him one place to 19th, behind Karun Chandhok.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/161089/1/five_second_penalties_handed_to_sc_speeders

--------------------------
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Double F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso has moderated his tone somewhat following his stark criticism of Lewis Hamilton and FIA race stewards in Valencia - even if the Ferrari star stops short of offering an outright apology...

'In the clear light of day', double F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso has admitted that he 'reacted emotionally' and said things that could have been 'interpreted wrongly' or 'give rise to suspicions' in the immediate aftermath of last weekend's European Grand Prix – and whilst stopping short of issuing an apology to FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting for his comments, the Spaniard asserted that he is now fully focused on 'a desire to fight back'.

Alonso was vociferous in his condemnation of the manner in which race stewards penalised his former team-mate Lewis Hamilton for overtaking the safety car in Valencia, ostensibly calling into question their integrity and arguing that for having dutifully respected the rules, he was punished substantially more than his rival who broke them and, he contended, got off virtually scot-free.

In the heat of the moment, the Spaniard had labelled the result 'manipulated' and an 'injustice' that left fans' 'disgusted' and prompted some to even throw a glass bottle onto the track in protest – but three days later, he has mellowed his stance somewhat and seemingly acknowledges that blinded by anger as he was at the time, he might have been a touch too outspoken.

“It wasn't the Sunday we were expecting, that's for sure,” the 22-time grand prix-winner reflected of his second home outing of the season. “The safety car appeared at the worst possible moment for us and completely ruined our race. We were particularly unlucky [with that], as it would have only needed a few seconds more or less to totally change our race.

“It does not achieve much going over the events that followed on, but obviously, in the clear light of day I am much calmer than I was in the moments immediately following the race. At the time, I reacted emotionally, and in that situation it is all-too-easy to adopt a tone and say things that can be interpreted wrongly, giving rise to suspicions, something which I had no intention of doing.

Read More Click: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161147/...otionally.html

-----------------------------------------

Lewis Hamilton rubs salt into the wounds of former F1 team-mate Fernando Alonso, by suggesting the Spaniard's fury over the outcome of the European Grand Prix in Valencia was merely a cover-up for having been 'overtaken by a Sauber...'

As the bitter war of words between former team-mates Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso intensifies in the wake of Sunday's European Grand Prix, the current F1 2010 World Championship leader has quipped that the Spaniard 'must have been completely in another world' to have been 'overtaken by a Sauber'.

A furious Alonso has not held back in his criticism of Hamilton's actions in illegally overtaking the safety car in Valencia, as well as his vilification of race stewards' tardiness in reaching their decision to punish him for it and what he regarded as the subsequent lenient nature of the drive-through that the McLaren-Mercedes star received for his misdemeanour, meaning that for having dutifully 'respected the rules', the Ferrari ace was in actual fact penalised far more than his rival who didn't, finishing eighth compared to second.

The Oviedo native has even gone so far as to accuse the FIA of having 'manipulated' the result of the race in Hamilton's favour, with Ferrari describing it as a gross 'injustice' and a 'scandal' [see separate story – click here], but the 2008 F1 World Champion has remained staunchly unrepentant and when asked by media this week if Alonso was simply betraying 'sour grapes', he replied in the affirmative.

Hamilton then proceeded to rub salt into the wounds by ridiculing the 22-time grand prix-winner for having conceded a position to unheralded Sauber rookie Kamui Kobayashi on the penultimate lap around the Spanish harbourside circuit.

“I don't understand why I affected his race so much,” the 25-year-old confessed, according to Reuters. “Everyone has a right to their opinions and he must just be disappointed with his own result, but I didn't do anything to him.

“I even saw him overtaken by a Sauber on the big screen. He must have been completely in another world. It's very unlike him to be overtaken by a Sauber...”

Having had a number of previous run-ins with race stewards himself, Hamilton went on to praise the governing body for not acting heavy-handedly when it comes to sanctions in 2010, as it has sometimes been accused of doing in the past.

“The FIA are doing an incredible job because they are allowing us to race this year,” he affirmed.

Click: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161142/..._a_sauber.html

"All We'll Drive"

The Sauber thing was unique situation with someone on brand new tires vs someone on very used tires. Had Hamilton followed the rules and gotten stuck behind the safety instead of pretending not to see it I'm sure he would have been passed too.

Alonso probably should have kept his mouth shut even though he's right. The FIA didn't plan Hamiltons penalty very well and the large number of cars involved in the safety car debacle made the FIA take a light handed approach.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure how it is supposed to work but I think the whole thing depends on them completely screwing up release of the safety car in the first place (not picking up the leader). So Ferrari is just in the "misery loves company" camp and Hamilton is caught between. I'm not sure how anyone thinks putting Hamilton way back and leaving Vettel up front by sticking the safety car between #s 1&2 is fair - that is the real championship battle right now anyway. If they had come back with an after-race penalty after he served his time and made a stupendous drive to recover I would have given up on the sport. If anything they should have moved Alonso back up and reset the field before the restart.

The tire thing though, yeah. Nobody passes two cars in one lap like that unless they are paced well above the field.
    Last edited by mycologist; 07-04-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Silverstone British GP

Click: en.espnf1.com/f1/silverstone_circuit

------------------------

Red Bull Racing's Sebastian Vettel was top dog in opening practice this morning for this weekend's F1 2010 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Vettel posted the quickest time, a 1 minute 32.280 seconds, two thirds of the way into the one and a half hour session, and that put him 0.334 seconds up on Lewis Hamilton, who was 'best of the rest' for McLaren.

Proceedings got off to a slow start, and it wasn't until around 20 minutes into FP1 that the first timed lap was set, Jenson Button taking that honour to become the first man to complete a timed lap of the revised Northamptonshire-based track, a 1m 37.994s.

Mark Webber then went quickest on a 1m 34.681s, before being knocked down by Nico Rosberg and then his team-mate, Vettel, who set that 1m 32.280s lap.

A number of drivers had a few moments, including Hamilton and Michael Schumacher, with Abbey, where the new surface meets the old, proving especially tricky.

After the top-two, Robert Kubica was third, and encouragingly for him and Renault only a tenth off Hamilton, followed by Webber, who is completely recovered after his scary crash in Valencia two weeks ago, and Force India's Adrian Sutil. Sutil was the last of the runners to break the 1 minute 33 second barrier, his best a 1m 32.968s.

Read More Click: crash.net/vettelheadsfridayfp1

--------------------

British Grand Prix, Silverstone - Friday free practice (1)
    Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel heads opening practice at Silverstone, followed by McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Renault man Robert Kubica; Mark Webber and Adrian Sutil round out the top five.

1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 32.280s
    2. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 32.614s
    3. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 32.725s
    4. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 32.747s
    5. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 32.968s
    6. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 33.318s
    7. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 33.377s
    8. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 33.519s
    9. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 33.955s
    10. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 34.016s
    11. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 34.132s
    12. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 34.365s
    13. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 34.490s
    14. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 34.580s
    15. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 34.710s
    16. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 34.901s
    17. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 35.037s
    18. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 35.318s
    19. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 36.747s
    20. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 37.330s
    21. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 37.518s
    22. Karun Chandhok India HRT-Cosworth 1m 38.735s
    23. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia Lotus-Cosworth 1m 39.510s
    24. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 39.673s

all times unofficial

Click: crash.net/silverstone_gp_fridayfreepractice1

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-09-2010 at 05:43 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    British GP, Silverstone - Friday practice (combined)

Red Bull Racing man Mark Webber goes quickest in Friday practice at Silverstone - and ends day almost four tenths on Fernando Alonso.

1. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 31.234s
    2. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 31.626s
    3. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 31.875s
    4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 32.099s
    5. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 32.166s
    6. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 32.614s***
    7. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 32.660s
    8. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 32.725s***
    9. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 32.745s
    10. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 32.787s
    11. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 32.967s
    12. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 33.164s
    13. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 33.200s
    14. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 33.402s
    15. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 33.728s**
    16. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 33.836s
    17. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 34.051s
    18. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 34.580s*
    19. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 34.643s
    20. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 35.465s
    21. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 36.237s
    22. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 36.553s
    23. Karun Chandhok India HRT-Cosworth 1m 37.019s
    24. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 38.303s
    25. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia Lotus-Cosworth 1m 39.510s*
    26. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 42.901s**

all times unofficial

Note: * denotes only took part in FP1; ** denotes only took part in FP2; *** denotes set quickest time in FP1

Click: crash.net/f1/results/161417/1/british_gp_silverstone_-_friday_practice_combined

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dennis: Alonso thought Hamilton a risk
    Ron Dennis has confirmed that Fernando Alonso was reluctant to have Lewis Hamilton as team-mate in 2007, but not because he feared the Briton's speed.

Ron Dennis has confirmed that the tension between Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton, which appeared to rear its head again during the recent European Grand Prix, stemmed from the Spaniard not giving his young team-mate due regard in 2007.

Speaking in a candid interview with the official F1 website, the former McLaren team boss confirmed that Alonso had been sceptical about having GP2 Series champion Hamilton lining up alongside him, telling Dennis that it could affect the goal of landing the constructors' championship. Instead, the Spaniard found a motivated, and seriously competitive, rookie threatening not only to take the world title in his first year, but also his place as supposed team leader.

"It was very simple - Alonso didn't expect Hamilton to be that competitive in his first year," Dennis confirmed, "He told me at the beginning that it was my decision to sign a rookie like Hamilton, but that it could cost me the constructors' championship. Fernando was calculating everything, but not that Lewis would challenge him. That affected him massively."

The two drivers ended the season tied for second in the title race, losing out by just a single point to Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen, but the acrimony that had built up, highlighted by the qualifying contretemps in Hungary and overshadowed by the 'spygate' affair - which Alonso was revealed to have tried to use to his advantage - saw the Spaniard quit after just a single season at Woking and return to a Renault team that was a shadow of the outfit that had taken him to back-to-back world titles in 2005-06.

Click: crash.net/Ron Dennis talk

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    British Grand Prix, Silverstone – Qualifying times

Sebastian Vettel pips Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber to Silverstone pole, with the rest trailing...

1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 29.615s
    2. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 29.758s
    3. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 30.426s
    4. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 30.556s
    5. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 30.625s
    6. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 31.040s
    7. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 31.172s
    8. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 31.175s
    9. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 31.274s
    10. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 31.430s

11. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 31.399s
    12. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 31.421s
    13. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 31.635s
    14. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 31.699s
    15. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 31.708s
    16. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 31.796s
    17. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 32.012s

18. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 32.430s
    19. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 34.405s
    20. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 34.775s
    21. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 34.864s
    22. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 35.212s
    23. Karun Chandhok India HRT-Cosworth 1m 36.546s
    24. Sakon Yamamoto Japan HRT-Cosworth 1m 36.968s

all times unofficial

Click: crash.net/britgp/qualifying times

"All We'll Drive"

Poor Massa is always 6th or 7th.

Alonso did a good job though lets hope we have a good race.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Poor Massa is always 6th or 7th.

hope we have a good race.
    massa did way better than button

and yup i hope its a good race and i hope hammy brings it
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Imagine Alonso's blood pressure if someway, somehow, Kobayashi rams him and takes him out.

I don't know about the new Silverstone with the bump and the esses.

I'd like to see Massa do very well.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i hope kobayashi has a good race..he ran great last race im not a fan of his but he impressed me running 40+ laps on a set of tires..the saubers and williams teams have stepped it up as of late..id also like to see force india get in the top 5.im sure the red bulls will run away from the start tho..lets just hope the race is interesting..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    so far so good "Go Hammy"
    "All We'll Drive"