F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There are no Grands Prix scheduled for anywhere in the Americas in 2011. Insisting on a US-based team may be ...

I Support ClubWRX
    There are no Grands Prix scheduled for anywhere in the Americas in 2011.

Insisting on a US-based team may be a bit quixotic at this stage.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ART Grand Prix joins F1 2011 bidding list

Multiple GP2 Series, GP2 Asia Series and F3 Euroseries title-winning outfit ART Grand Prix has confirmed that it has submitted a bid to join the grand prix grid in F1 2011

ART Grand Prix has become the latest team to throw its name into the hat for the extra available space in the F1 2011 paddock – bringing the interested parties to as many as five.

The French outfit presently fields entries in GP2, the F3 Euroseries and the all-new GP3 category, and has achieved tremendous success since its foundation five years ago, with no fewer than eight drivers' and constructors' crowns in GP2 and the GP2 Asia Series and unbroken F3 Euroseries title glory since 2008.

Amongst the illustrious names to have competed for ART include 2008 F1 Word Champion Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes Grand Prix star Nico Rosberg, highly-rated Williams F1 2010 rookie Nico Hülkenberg and ex-Renault ace Romain Grosjean.

Team co-founder Frédéric Vasseur – who launched ART in company with Nicolas Todt, an F1 driver-manager and the son of FIA President and former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt – has now acknowledged that the Burgundy-based operation has officially applied to the governing body to join the grand prix grid as the 13th entrant in 2011.

“Yes, we have submitted an application to the FIA to join the F1 World Championship in 2011,” he told French publication Auto Hebdo. “The application had to be made before 15 April, and the FIA should get back to us by no later than 1 July. Before that, we will have to complete a technical and financial information file.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159696/1/art_grand_prix_joins_f1_2011_bidding_list

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Massa admits 'there are issues'

Felipe Massa has admitted that his poor performance when compared to new Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso is down to not feeling entirely at home in the Scuderia's F10, despite having been on the pace in pre-season testing.

The Brazilian has yet to better the second place he took in the season-opener in Bahrain - completing a Ferrari 1-2 behind Alonso - and has seen his results tail off since also appearing on the podium in Australia. Having headed the championship standings heading to round four in China, Massa currently sits in a share of sixth place with the unlucky Lewis Hamilton, some 21 points adrift of overall leader Jenson Button. Alonso, meanwhile, moved back into second spot after taking a similar result on home soil last weekend.

"During the winter tests, I was 110 per cent happy with the car and then we went to the first race and the car was great, everything was working perfectly as I wanted," the 2008 championship runner-up reflected, "Then, when we changed the tyres, I was always struggling a little bit more to get used to the car, to get used to the grip level, so that was the biggest problem, the biggest issue that I felt in the last races."

While highlighting the tyres as a potential factor in his disappointing results - he was only sixth in Spain - Massa also hinted at other problems that he and Ferrari were attempting to address.

"There are some issues that I felt this year, but I'm working very hard and I'm going to solve the problem," he confirmed, "We know it's an issue that has cost me a few points in the last races, but it's something that I know I'm going to solve. We have so many ideas, looking around Barcelona, so let's try to use these ideas to see if they're going to work. For sure, we have a group inside the factory and myself as well working very hard to solve all the problems I had."

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159660/1/massa_admits_there_are_issues

---------------------------------

Renault F1 chief reveals plan to retain 'racer' Kubica

New Renault F1 owner Gérard Lopez urges Robert Kubica to shun the advances of Ferrari in favour of staying put to make a team that has turned itself around in 2010 entirely his own

The rumour mill might repeatedly insist that Robert Kubica is all-but a shoo-in to move to Ferrari alongside double world champion and close friend Fernando Alonso in 2011, but new Renault F1 owner Gérard Lopez is adamant that provided he can give the Pole the tools and conditions to build his current team around him, he will neither want nor need to go anywhere else.

Kubica has inarguably been one of the stand-out performers thus far in F1 2010, never failing to make the top ten on the starting grid and four times finishing inside the points in the opening five grands prix, with a superb second place ahead of the two Ferraris in Australia, an impressive fourth in Malaysia and a strong fifth in China elevating the Kraków native to eighth in the drivers' standings, a mere five markers adrift of Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa – and ahead of a certain Michael Schumacher in a faster Mercedes.

Not only that, but he is the only man to have out-qualified his team-mate – feisty young Russian rookie Vitaly Petrov – on every occasion to-date, and in Barcelona last weekend speculation began to spread that Kubica has signed an 'option' to compete for Ferrari next year, in-place of the presently rather lacklustre Massa.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159693/1/renault_f1_chief_reveals_plan_to_retain_racer_kubi ca

---------------------------------

Webber linked to Ferrari in-place of Massa

With Renault team owner Gérard Lopez doing his damndest to keep Robert Kubica at Enstone next year, it seems Red Bull Racing star Mark Webber has emerged as a leading candidate to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari in F1 2011...

In an unexpected twist, Mark Webber has become the latest name to be linked with Ferrari for F1 2011, in a development that makes Felipe Massa's future at the Prancing Horse look ever-more tenuous.

It has been whispered inside the F1 paddock for some time that Renault star Robert Kubica could be Maranello-bound next year, to partner his close friend and fellow poker player Fernando Alonso – but with the Enstone-based outfit's new team owner Gérard Lopez revealing his plan to convince the Pole to stay on-board rather than jump ship, Webber's name has entered the frame.

The Red Bull Racing star belatedly kick-started his F1 2010 title challenge into gear with a dominant victory in last Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix, and it had previously been thought that were the Australian not to be offered a renewed deal by his Milton Keynes-based employer beyond the end of the current campaign, he could elect to hang up his helmet – but now it seems the 33-year-old might just have an alternative front-running option.

He too gets on well with Alonso, seemingly in contrast to Massa, who was shoved unceremoniously aside by his ruthless Spanish team-mate upon entering the Shanghai pit-lane in last month's Chinese Grand Prix, and who following a bright start in Bahrain, has subsequently struggled to keep pace with the double F1 World Champion thus far in 2010.

Comprehensively out-qualified and out-raced by Alonso in each of the last two outings, Massa looks to have slipped quietly into the 22-time grand prix-winner's shadow – and has also slipped from first to equal-sixth in the points standings. The Brazilian has confessed that his Ferrari F10 'does not work as it is for me and we need to understand why and find a solution', after he likened his Barcelona performance to 'more like rally driving'.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159698/1/webber_linked_to_ferrari_in-place_of_massa

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I think Massa has definitely lost his touch but I'm not really sure Webber is much better. He's good right now because he has the incredible red bull car but for the most part he's always been pretty meh. Kubica might be better but it's kind of hard for me to really gauge his performance since he's always been in an less competitive car.

I think the problem is that while Massa is no longer as competitive he's not really a bad driver.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I get up this morning sit down start up the DVR and get ready to watch qualifying only to see a nice pre-recorded video of Alonso's car being lifted by crane.

I suppose 4th isn't bad for Massaat least.
    FORZA FERRARI

little drama across the finish line @ Monaco, will be interesting to see if there will be any repercussions for Schumacher
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

yea unfortunate crash..webbers just on fire lately the bulls are hard to beat..as for the race some good action, ferraris early stop paid off. very sad for button tho..oops!
    as far as michael im not sure what their going to do it clearly states no overtaking soo idk at least hell have to give the position back..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats to mark webber awesome great race allround glad no one was hurt in the various accidents

lets hope the stewards/fia resolve the schu/alonso overtaking on final lap
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Schumacher hit with Monaco penalty

Michael Schumacher drops to twelfth place after penalty handed out by stewards in Monaco

Michael Schumacher has been hit with a 20 second penalty for his late move on Fernando Alonso in the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Mercedes driver had finished in sixth place after overtaking Alonso following the final Safety Car period of the race – when the Safety Car peeled into the pits on the final lap.

Stewards examined the incident following the race and deemed that Schumacher had broken regulations that state that drivers can't overtake if the race ends when the Safety Car has been deployed – with the Safety Car returning to the pits and the drivers then taking the chequered flag in the order they were running.

The penalty drops Schumacher to twelfth place in the race and hands the final point to Sebastien Buemi.

Mercedes had argued that the Safety Car had been withdrawn and that Schumacher was right to make a move for position as a result.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159798/1/schumacher_hit_with_monaco_penalty

---------------------------------------

Michael Schumacher has been slapped with a 20-second penalty after being found guilty of overtaking Fernando Alonso on the final corner of the Monaco Grand Prix, in contravention of a new rule brought into force at the start of the season. The decision means he drops from sixth to 12th.

He nipped past Alonso just as the safety car had left the circuit near the end of the final lap, and despite vigorous arguments from the Mercedes team, the stewards decided the move was illegal as the race was finishing under the safety car.

The new rule - 40.13 - states: "If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

Immediately after the conclusion of the race, Schumacher and Ross Brawn said they were confident there would be no penalty. "We were advised before the end of the race that the safety car was coming in," Brawn told the BBC. "There was no instruction that the race was going to finish under the safety car."

Schumacher was equally certain he had done nothing wrong. "I think there is either this message, or there is the message 'track clear' and 'safety car in' and that was the message that was given to all of us and when this message is out it means track clear and back to racing. The cars were removed. I took my opportunity."

However, as might be expected, Alonso did not agree with Schumacher's assessment. "The race was very good and in the end I still have a good feeling," he told Spanish reporters. "The team told me we couldn't overtake so when I saw Michael … they will penalise him, so we will end up winning anyway."

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali was also confident. "Our understanding of the rule is pretty clear, you can't overtake on the final lap."

One of the stewards was Damon Hill who had more than a few run-ins with Schumacher when they raced against each other. But Schumacher smiled when asked if that might be an issue.

"It will be interesting. He is a good guy so I'm sure he will understand the situation and it's normal that the other team has a different opinion but we have to see. Maybe we missed something that we are not aware of." Clearly they had.

espnf1.com/monaco/story/17477

"All We'll Drive"

Ferrari made the very best of a bad situation. Gaining 18 places at Monaco is pretty amazing.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    The McLaren vs. Hamilton radio conversation was the most interesting point in the GP. OTOH I can't help but wonder why it ever made it onto the broadcast audio.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Mercedes appeals stewards decision

Mercedes is to appeal the stewards decision that saw Michael Schumacher lose sixth place in the Monaco Grand Prix.

The German was running in seventh place behind Fernando Alonso when the Safety Car was deployed for the fourth and final time following a collision between Jarno Trulli and Karun Chandhok at Rascasse.

When the Safety Car returned to the pits at the end of the final lap, Schumacher saw the chance to dive down the inside of Alonso into the final corner to steal sixth but was subsequently handed a 20 second time penalty, which dropped him down to twelfth.

Mercedes has now appealed against the decision, with team boss Ross Brawn stating he believed the seven-time champion was right to make the move.

"We believed that the track had gone green and the race was not finishing under a safety car when article 40.13 clearly would have applied," he said. "The reason for the safety car had been removed, the FIA had announced 'Safety Car in this lap' early on lap 78 and the track had been declared clear by race control. This was further endorsed when the marshals showed green flags and lights after safety car line one.

"On previous occasions when it has been necessary to complete a race under a safety car, full course yellows are maintained, as in Melbourne 2009. On the last lap, we therefore advised our drivers that they should race to the line and Michael made his move on Fernando for sixth place. We have appealed the decision of the stewards."

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159809/1/mercedes_appeals_stewards_decision

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Stefano Domenicali on Sunday indicated that Avon-Cooper and Bridgestone are no longer in the running to supply formula one tyres next year.

The Ferrari boss was discussing with the media Sunday's series of meetings at Monaco, where a decision about the departing Bridgestone's 2011 replacement was again deferred.

"It will probably take another week," the Italian is quoted by Germany's Motorsport-Magazin.com. "Perhaps next weekend."

Avon was among those who have submitted formal proposals, and in recent days the teams have been pushing Bridgestone to reconsider its decision not to seek a new contract as the sport's official sole supplier.

But Domenicali revealed: "There are only two possibilities; Michelin and Pirelli."

Click: uk.autoblog.com/2010/05/16/michelin-or-pirelli-to-supply-f1-tyres-domenicali/
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The McLaren vs. Hamilton radio conversation was the most interesting point in the GP. OTOH I can't help but wonder why it ever made it onto the broadcast audio.
    +1 (lewis your brakes are going off switch bias to rear, lewis: come on what the hell guys) lol.. it really does show how he reacts when things arent going his way. he whines and disrespects his team..jensons engine blew up because the team left a cover over the cooling duct and he was very civil about it..just do what your told thats why u get the big bucks buddy..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a more "The Truth Is Out There" theory. Since the teams can select what transmissions are broadcast, that at least implies the teams can select what transmissions are available to other teams.

Could McLaren have been enticing Ferrari to have Alonso push harder, hoping for a mistake -- and since it's Monaco, a DNF?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.