F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 13
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX The car let Vettel down in Australia (wheel issue), and in Bahrain (was leading the race, ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The car let Vettel down in Australia (wheel issue), and in Bahrain (was leading the race, and lost power, IIRC)...he won Mayalasia. I could be wrong, but I think the kid knows where the accelerator is.
    I didn't say that it was his fault. The car hasn't been consistent enough. Vettel is the quickest on track that's for sure but still that isn't enough for him to be on top of the standings

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I was responding to your contention that Webber and Vettel are "failing in the races", and Red Bull having the "best car performance". I agree to the extent that Webber isn't extracting the car's potential the way that Vettel is.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I was responding to your contention that Webber and Vettel are "failing in the races", and Red Bull having the "best car performance". I agree to the extent that Webber isn't extracting the car's potential the way that Vettel is.
    Yeah but Webber has been like that throughout his whole F1 career. Always very promising, but failing to be consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Doctors call for Ferrari inquiry

Experts call for an inquiry into 'subliminal' F1 advertising
    Leading doctors have called for an inquiry into the 'subliminal' tobacco advertising on the Ferrari F1 cars of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

While tobacco advertising is now banned under EU legislation, Ferrari has maintained its sponsorship deal with Phillip Morris' Marlboro brand in recent years.

Now, a spokesman for the European Public Health Commissioner has suggested that the barcode found on both the Ferrari car and its drivers overalls is designed to remind people of a packet of Marlboro cigarettes, which would be an offence under the tobacco advertising laws.

Others have also suggested that the barcode is providing some kind of added advertising that shouldn't be allowed in the sport.

“The bar code looks like the bottom half of a packet of Marlboro cigarettes,”John Britton, a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and director of its tobacco advisory group, told The Times. “I was stunned when I saw it. This is pushing at the limits. If you look at how the bar code has evolved over the last four years, it looks like creeping branding.”

Ferrari, which is entered into F1 under the banner of Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, denied that the barcode was in anyway linked to advertising.

“The bar code is part of the livery of the car,” he said. “It is not part of a subliminal advertising campaign.”

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159203/1/doctors_call_for_ferrari_inquiry

I've always thought the whole barcode thing was weird.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Yeah when I first saw it I also thought it was strange and to me it imediaty reminded me of Marlboro... They can accuse Ferrari for ilegal publicity but don't know if they can catch them. But I also think that this whole story is a little bit ridiculous...too much drama
    Last edited by toovo1985; 05-06-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: adding words

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Next Round Spanish GP - Circuit de Catalunya - May 9

circuit info:
    * Circuit Length 4.655kms
    * Circuit Turns 16
    * Circuit Direction clockwise
    * Capacity 107,000
    * Established 1991

News:formula1.com/
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-06-2010 at 06:04 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ferrari gets green light on engines

Ferrari has been granted permission by the FIA to make modifications to its engine in time for this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

Both Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa suffered engine issues in the opening flyaway events whilst Sauber, who use customer Ferrari engines, also encountered similar problems in the opening four races.

After finding glitches with the engine during further tests, Ferrari successfully applied to the governing body to make improvements to the power units on reliability grounds.

A statement by Ferrari said: "A lot of work was carried out on the test bench, completing several long runs and this work produced some solutions which it is felt will solve the reliability problems experienced in Bahrain and Malaysia. The team therefore requested and received authorisation from the FIA to make some changes within the framework of the current engine regulations and these modifications will be fitted to the engines to be used in Spain.

Click: espnf1.com/motorsport/story/16007

i bet the fia wouldnt let any other team do that !
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

i bet the fia wouldnt let any other team do that !
    Didn't they do the same thing for McLaren last season? Or am I remembering wrong.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Didn't they do the same thing for McLaren last season? Or am I remembering wrong.
    yup yer just trying to find a excuse when we all know that the fia and ferrari have been in cahoots before to win in f1
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ferrari ditches controversial barcode livery

Ferrari has modified its livery amid accusations that the barcode on its car's engine cover was acting as subliminal tobacco sponsorship, banned in Formula One.

This week Ferrari fervently denied its red and white striped livery was designed to look like the Marlboro branding of its major sponsorship partner Philip Morris. However, ahead of Friday practice for the Spanish Grand Prix it revealed it would be running the outline of a white rectangle on its car instead.

"Together with Philip Morris International we have decided to modify the livery of our cars starting with the Barcelona Grand Prix," a statement on the team's website read. "This decision was taken in order to remove all speculation concerning the so-called 'barcode' which was never intended to be a reference to a tobacco brand. By this we want to put an end to this ridiculous story and concentrate on more important things than on such groundless allegations."

Click: espnf1.com/f1/story/16190

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    No airbox on Mercedes' revised 2010 car

One of the innovations on the Mercedes car for the Spanish grand prix is the abolishment of the traditional 'airbox'.

The airbox - an inlet for the normally-aspirated engines - has traditionally been part of the roll-hoop structure immediately behind and above the drivers' head.

But the rollover structure of the revised W01 is now sharp as a knife, with air to now be fed to the 2.4 litre V8 engine via two symmetrical inlets on either side of the engine cover.

Also spotted in the Barcelona pitlane on Thursday was Christian Klien, having his moulded seat and settings fitted to the HRT car usually belonging to Karun Chandhok.

The team's newly-appointed third driver will hand the F110 car back to Indian Chandhok ahead of Friday's afternoon practice session.

Meanwhile, in the paddock, Virgin's new double-storey motor home won the race as the most impressive of F1's three new teams.

Sauber has taken over BMW's imposing paddock structure of 2009, while Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel walked behind the Circuit de Catalunya pits sporting a new haircut.

Also spotted on Thursday was Joan Villadelprat, who is hoping his Spanish Le Mans outfit Epsilon Euskadi will be given a green light to race in formula one next year.

Click: autoblog.com/2010/05/06/no-airbox-on-mercedes-revised-2010-car/

"All We'll Drive"

i smoke marlboros and i didnt see any thing in the ferrari livery that resembeled a pack of marlboros. people get too overly concerned with trival things in this world..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hamilton, McLaren and Mercedes set FP1 pace

As they have at several grands prix so far this season, McLaren set the benchmark for its rivals in the opening practice session at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya, with Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button topping the timesheets.

Although Ferrari's Felipe Massa sat P1 early in the 90-minute session, it was the silver McLarens and the similarly-liveried Mercedes works car of Michael Schumacher who dominated as the chequered fell, with Hamilton enjoying a clear half-second advantage over his team-mate having clocked 1min 21.134secs around the familiar Spanish venue.

Button had been top of the times before Hamilton eased him aside, and then lost most of the final 20 minutes after running over a piece of discarded bodywork as he exited the pits. He remained confined to the garage as the McLaren engineers checked his MP4-25 for damage, and only returned to the track when it was too late to improve.

Schumacher, appearing more in tune with the revised Mercedes - which featured a new interpretation in the airbox area - was the closest opposition to McLaren, and the only other driver to lap in the 1min 21s. The German ended the session just 0.044secs adrift of Button, and ahead of Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg for only the fourth time this season.

Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel rounded out the top five for Red Bull, the pair posting near-identical times as they pushed Rosberg back into sixth spot, just ahead of the closely-matched Robert Kubica, Fernando Alonso and Vitaly Petrov. Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi was only a tenth or so further back, but there was more frustration for team-mate Pedro de la Rosa, who was forced back into the pits before completing a timed lap and never returned.

Read More Click: crash.net/News/Friday_FP1

----------------------------------------

Lewis Hamilton leads McLaren 1-2, and Mercedes 1-2-3, in opening practice for Spanish GP.

1. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.134s
    2. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.672s
    3. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 21.716s
    4. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 22.011s
    5. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 22.026s
    6. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 22.070s
    7. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 22.202s
    8. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 22.258s
    9. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 22.397s
    10. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 22.492s
    11. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 22.588s
    12. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 22.975s
    13. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 23.030s
    14. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 23.110s
    15. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 23.284s
    16. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 23.312s
    17. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 23.471s
    18. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 25.329s
    19. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 26.244s
    20. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 26.340s
    21. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 26.694s
    22. Christian Klien Austria HRT-Cosworth 1m 27.250s
    23. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 27.752s
    24. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari no time

--------------------------------
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-07-2010 at 05:04 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Ferrari ditches controversial barcode livery

Ferrari has modified its livery amid accusations that the barcode on its car's engine cover was acting as subliminal tobacco sponsorship, banned in Formula One.

This week Ferrari fervently denied its red and white striped livery was designed to look like the Marlboro branding of its major sponsorship partner Philip Morris. However, ahead of Friday practice for the Spanish Grand Prix it revealed it would be running the outline of a white rectangle on its car instead.

"Together with Philip Morris International we have decided to modify the livery of our cars starting with the Barcelona Grand Prix," a statement on the team's website read. "This decision was taken in order to remove all speculation concerning the so-called 'barcode' which was never intended to be a reference to a tobacco brand. By this we want to put an end to this ridiculous story and concentrate on more important things than on such groundless allegations."

Click: espnf1.com/f1/story/16190

This way they end with speculation...think the decision was the right one

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Spanish GP, Barcelona - Friday free practice (combined)
    Red Bull replaces McLaren at top of timesheets as rain holds off in Barcelona.

1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 19.965s
    2. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 20.175s
    3. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 20.757s
    4. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 20.819s
    5. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.134s*
    6. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 21.202s
    7. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 21.271s
    8. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 21.302s
    9. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 21.364s
    10. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 21.518s
    11. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 21.672s
    12. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 21.904s
    13. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 21.931s
    14. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 22.184s
    15. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 22.192s
    16. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 22.397s*
    17. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 22.449s
    18. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 23.030s*
    19. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 23.471s*
    20. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 24.209s
    21. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 24.894s
    22. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 25.066s
    23. Karun Chandhok India HRT-Cosworth 1m 25.972s
    24. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 26.152s
    25. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 26.340s*
    26. Christian Klien Austria HRT-Cosworth 1m 27.250s*

all times unofficial

* denotes driver setting time in first of two 90-minute sessions

--------------------------------------

Vettel reasserts Red Bull's dominance in Barcelona

Red Bull gave a warning of things to come during practice for the Spanish Grand Prix, setting the first and second fastest times at the Circuit de Catalunya on Friday.

Sebastian Vettel led the way with a time of 1:19.965, two tenths faster than his team-mate Mark Webber and comfortably clear of the team's nearest rival Michael Schumacher. On hard tyres the Red Bull drivers looked beatable, but when they bolted on the softer Bridgestones - which will be used in the all-important qualifying session tomorrow - they were in a class of their own.

Read More Click: en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/16326

"All We'll Drive"