F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 12
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alonso put in quite a drive considering his car trouble, its shame he broke down on the last lap....

Alonso put in quite a drive considering his car trouble, its shame he broke down on the last lap.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Having a DNF on the last lap is definitely a heart breaker, but the situation is very promising if they can just get some luck and reliability. I'm still favouring them for the constructors' title this year.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quite entertaining for a dry race. Too bad Shumi wasn't in it though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hamilton, Mercedes pace opening day in China

Lewis Hamilton replaced McLaren team-mate Jenson Button at the head of the free practice times at the end of the opening day at Shanghai International Circuit, as Mercedes power dominated proceedings.

Although every driver who took part in the second 90-minute session ahead of Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix improved on his time - the only exceptions were Paul di Resta and Sebastien Buemi, who sat out - no-one could deny the two McLaren and two Mercedes drivers a place in the top four, as Button and Hamilton swapped places and Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher held firm in second and fourth respectively. All four drivers broke into the 1min 35s in the afternoon session, with only the two Red Bull cars able to join them, Sebastien Vettel ahead of Mark Webber in fifth and sixth.

Adrian Sutil, Jaime Alguersuari, Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso rounded out the combined top ten, with the two Spaniards of particular note after eventful mornings. Alonso failed to post a time in the morning after suffering an engine failure that stranded him at turn six, but bounced back to claim tenth spot on 1min 36.604secs, one ahead of team-mate Felipe Massa. Alguersuari, meanwhile, put thoughts of team-mate Buemi's spectacular accident in the first session - in which the Toro Rosso lost both wheels under braking for the hairpin as the result of apparent upright failure - out of his mind to post a respectable time in the second STR5 once it had been fitted with the team's older upright design.

Sandwiching the Ferraris, Kubica and Renault team-mate Vitaly Petrov showed in both sessions that the yellow cars will again be a threat for the top ten shoot-out and potential points, while Sauber showed a continuation of its Sepang form to come in ahead of the Williams entries and Tonio Liuzzi's Force India. The Italian was again at a disadvantage, having been forced to sit out the morning session in favour of di Resta, but ended up edging the Scot by one place and eight-tenths on the timesheets.

Jarno Trulli took new team honours for Lotus as he and team-mate Heikki Kovalainen sandwiched Buemi, but there were problems for the Finn, who stopped out on track midway through the afternoon. Despite the HRT cars appearing to be the cause of much fist-shaking among the faster runners, Karun Chandhok managed to split the two Virgin drivers, with team-mate Bruno Senna bringing up the rear on his first visit to SIC.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/158789

.----------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese GP, Shanghai - Friday practice (combined)

1. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 35.217s
    2. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 35.465s
    3. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 35.593s
    4. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 35.602s
    5. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 35.791s
    6. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 35.995s
    7. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 36.254s
    8. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 36.377s
    9. Robert Kubica Poland Renault-Renault 1m 36.389s
    10. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 36.604s
    11. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 36.944s
    12. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 36.986s
    13. Pedro de la Rosa Spain BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 37.421s
    14. Kamui Kobayashi Japan BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1m 37.431s
    15. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 37.657s
    16. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Force India-Mercedes 1m 37.804s
    17. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1m 37.867s
    18. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 38.618s*
    19. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Cosworth 1m 39.624s
    20. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 39.939s*
    21. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Cosworth 1m 39.947s
    22. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 40.233s
    23. Karun Chandhok India HRT-Cosworth 1m 41.008s
    24. Lucas di Grassi Brazil Virgin-Cosworth 1m 41.107s
    25. Bruno Senna Brazil HRT-Cosworth 1m 41.345s

Click: crash.net/f1/results/158788/1/chinese_gp_shanghai_-_friday_practice_combined

.----------------------------------------------

Shanghai International Circuit

* Circuit Length 5.451kms
    * Circuit Turns 16
    * Circuit Direction clockwise
    * Capacity 200,000
    * Established 2004
    * Designer Hermann Tilke

Click: espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/Shanghai_circuit_info

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-16-2010 at 03:56 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber silenced rivals' claims that its pace was down to a controversial trick suspension system, by locking out the front row of the grid in qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Fernando Alonso was the pair's closest competitor, four tenths off Vettel, qualifying third after the challenge from the McLarens failed to materialise. Nico Rosberg proved that Mercedes practice pace was no fluke, taking fourth ahead of Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton's fastest lap in Q3 was off the pace of what he achieved in Q2 and a huge disappointment after McLaren showed genuine pace in the practice sessions.

Read more: en.espnf1.com/china/motorsport/story/14723.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ChineseQualiGrid2010.jpg  
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Red Bull looks pretty unstoppable.

I wonder what happened to Massa. He was right next to Alonso q1/2 and then he qualifies 7th?
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Cavs, i'll wait till you post about the china gp , before mentioning the race
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Cavs, i'll wait till you post about the china gp , before mentioning the race
    Thanks, I usually avoid car forums before watching the race anyway I always DVR it and watch once I get up on sunday.

It was a pretty exciting race Button seems to have made just the right strategy decision again.

It's a shame Alonso jumped the start. Still 4th isn't bad considering the extra stop. Massa put in a somewhat lackluster drive again but then again he isn't blowing engine right and left like Alonso either. They've definitely got some major engine issue.

I wonder what is going to happen with Vettel/Hamilton since the stewards said they'd be investigating the pit lane incident. I bet it will just be a fine.

Forgot to mention it after qualifying but that suspension explosion on Buemi's car was the craziest thing I've ever seen. The funny part is he keeps trying to steep even without any tires up front.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 04-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    yup i agree , but was def a god race and imho once again hammy proved himself as one of the best and getting back up the field with some great overtaking

and a little bit of history was made:

"Credit should also be given to Mercedes-Benz for not only supplying the winning engine but also powering the first three cars home – it was the first all-Mercedes-Benz podium in F1 since Aintree 1955.

Lovers of F1 trivia may also be interested to know that today's result marks the first all-British one-two since the A1-Ring 1999, where Eddie Irvine led David Coulthard home."

-------------------------------------
    Update on the hammy/vettel pit lane:

Hamilton, Vettel escape penalty for pit battle

Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel both escape serious punishment for their clashes in pit-lane during the Chinese Grand Prix, with race stewards deciding not to influence either the result of the round or their chances in Spain next time out.

While many were predicting grid penalties for one or both - the only real course of action had the stewards decided to come down heavily on the pair - they escaped with little more than a slapped wrist, despite both appearing to endanger others in pit-lane as they raced in and out of their tyre stops.

Hamilton had already made a contentious entry to his first stop, on lap two, cutting across the gravel trap after a late call to switch to intermediate rubber - a 'mistake' according to the driver after the race - but a subsequent stop coincided with a heated battle with polesitter Vettel as both made their way back up through the field.

Hamilton seemed still to be competing with the German as the left the track and entered pit-road, passing the Red Bull driver with at least two wheels over the white line separating what was legitimately considered part of the racing surface from the tarmac and grass that lay beyond, and then continued to race as the pair left their respective stalls.

Vettel's Red Bull crew, positioned early in the pits than Hamilton and McLaren, had managed to change the German's tyres and release the RB6 around a second before Hamilton could move, with the result that he was alongside as the Briton put the power down. A painted strip, wet from the rain that blighted the race, saw the McLaren snap sideways before Hamilton gathered it up and proceeded to run side-by-side with his rival to pit exit.

While it appeared that the 2008 world champion was the man with most to lose when the matter was referred to the stewards, Vettel did little to aid his cause by subsequently edging Hamilton close to pit equipment at garages further down the lane. The German eventually exited ahead, but had no answer to the superior McLaren as the race wore on, with Hamilton passing him on track six laps later, before going on to claim second place behind team-mate Jenson Button.

Read More: crash.net/f1/news/158897/1/hamilton_vettel_escape_penalty_for_pit_battle

"All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I dvr as well, so I avoid this thread like the plague 'til I get around to watching.

I'm surprised that the stewards let Hamilton slide; he did some pretty aggressive pit lane stuff.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yeah, I dvr as well, so I avoid this thread like the plague 'til I get around to watching.

I'm surprised that the stewards let Hamilton slide; he did some pretty aggressive pit lane stuff.
    It definitely seemed to be putting a bunch of people at risk but here's to them for not doing something after the race. Unless it is something that happens very late in the race I find that completely unacceptable.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

China: once again red bull showing the best car performance but disappointing results in races...they could be dominating the season like Brawn GP did last year, but both Vettel and Webber are failing during the races

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by toovo1985 View Post
    China: once again red bull showing the best car performance but disappointing results in races...they could be dominating the season like Brawn GP did last year, but both Vettel and Webber are failing during the races
    The car let Vettel down in Australia (wheel issue), and in Bahrain (was leading the race, and lost power, IIRC)...he won Mayalasia. I could be wrong, but I think the kid knows where the accelerator is.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Doctors call for Ferrari inquiry

Experts call for an inquiry into 'subliminal' F1 advertising
    Leading doctors have called for an inquiry into the 'subliminal' tobacco advertising on the Ferrari F1 cars of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

While tobacco advertising is now banned under EU legislation, Ferrari has maintained its sponsorship deal with Phillip Morris' Marlboro brand in recent years.

Now, a spokesman for the European Public Health Commissioner has suggested that the barcode found on both the Ferrari car and its drivers overalls is designed to remind people of a packet of Marlboro cigarettes, which would be an offence under the tobacco advertising laws.

Others have also suggested that the barcode is providing some kind of added advertising that shouldn't be allowed in the sport.

“The bar code looks like the bottom half of a packet of Marlboro cigarettes,”John Britton, a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and director of its tobacco advisory group, told The Times. “I was stunned when I saw it. This is pushing at the limits. If you look at how the bar code has evolved over the last four years, it looks like creeping branding.”

Ferrari, which is entered into F1 under the banner of Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, denied that the barcode was in anyway linked to advertising.

“The bar code is part of the livery of the car,” he said. “It is not part of a subliminal advertising campaign.”

Click: crash.net/f1/news/159203/1/doctors_call_for_ferrari_inquiry

"All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The car let Vettel down in Australia (wheel issue), and in Bahrain (was leading the race, and lost power, IIRC)...he won Mayalasia. I could be wrong, but I think the kid knows where the accelerator is.
    +1 the kid drives blisteringly quick. the reliability of the car just isnt up to par once thats sorted out i expect to see him win a few more races this season..theres still plenty of time to pick up some points.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.