F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 10
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK great, but ultimately they are all arguing that the sport is boring (and they're correct in many instances) and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    OK great, but ultimately they are all arguing that the sport is boring (and they're correct in many instances) and that to fix it, they have to generate ways of one car passing another in the pits.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    imho no refuelling they have just shot F1 in the foot
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    imho no refuelling they have just shot F1 in the foot
    I think it would work if they gave them greater technical freedom, so that they were improving fuel efficiency instead of building really fuel big tanks and slowing the cars down.

If they could some how make overtaking possible on the track then it might be interesting as overtaking would happen on track instead of the pits.

Both thought are difficult issues.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    to save money i propose 1 car , 2 drivers, and they must change drivers twice in a race

hehee
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-16-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^

I really appreciate Webber's candor.

Webber: Why do they have to keep d1cking with F1 rules?

In typically outspoken fashion, Red Bull Racing star Mark Webber lambasts the ban on refuelling for having made F1 2010 'boring' - and asks why the FIA feels the need to keep 'd1cking with' the rules...

Mark Webber has lamented the 'boring' nature of the F1 2010 curtain-raising Bahrain Grand Prix at Sakhir at the weekend and revealed his 'shock' at how difficult it is now to overtake under the new refuelling ban – asking why the sport's powers-that-be feel the need to 'keep d1cking with' the rules.

Webber spent his entire race under the heat of the desert sun stuck in a fast-moving train along with Mercedes Grand Prix rival Michael Schumacher and defending F1 World Champion Jenson Button in the McLaren-Mercedes. The only change between the trio came not out on the race track but instead during the sole round of pit-stops when the Australian suffered a brief tyre-change problem that cost him four seconds, and that aside the spectacle was something of a low-key, dreary procession.

Pointing the finger firmly at the ban on refuelling and the onus having now shifted to tyre preservation rather than overtaking zeal or hard-charging aggression – with just one pit visit per race expected to be the most favourable and theoretically speediest tactic around the majority of circuits – the Red Bull Racing star predicted an excitement-free campaign ahead unless something is done to dramatically alter the regulations.

“It got pretty boring,” Webber is quoted as having said by the Australian Associated Press. “I spent 48 laps staring at the gearboxes of first Schumacher and then Button, and there was nothing I could do to pass them. I tried everything – different lines, pressure, everything – but they're both good drivers and neither of them made a mistake.

“I was quicker than [Button] but I was unable to find a way through. He didn't make a mistake, and if I'd tried to force the issue it would have ended in a crash. I was pretty shocked by how hard it was to overtake, and it doesn't bode well for any of the one-stop races on the calendar, when everyone is going to be following pretty much the same strategy. We can only hope that other circuits will lend themselves to overtaking more than Sakhir.”

The typically forthright New South Wales native was somewhat less politically-correct on his Twitter page, where he complained about having 'followed Mercedes power for the whole race...no chance to overtake – again' and expressed his frustration with the situation by exclaiming: 'Wow! New rules, not sure huh? Why do they keep d1cking with it?'

However, on a more positive note Webber professed his assurance that he will be back up at the sharp end of proceedings on home turf at Melbourne in a week-and-a-half's time, following an uncharacteristically off-colour performance in Bahrain that saw him leave with just four points to his name, as RBR team-mate Sebastian Vettel – despite suffering an engine issue that arguably cost the young German victory – came away with twelve.

“The RB6 was competitive in Bahrain, which proves what a phenomenal job the guys in Milton Keynes have done over the winter,” the 33-year-old underlined. “We've now got to put the icing on the cake by getting the results that the car deserves on a Sunday afternoon. We've done it in the past, and I'm absolutely sure we'll do it again.”

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

i used to love staying up late or waking up early just to watch a race or quali..now i just tivo it and watch it later. the sport def has gotten dull. just inserting another stop really wont change much. maybe a driver could pick up 1 place if that. if a sc comes out early and everyone who started on softs comes in for hards they can just conserve tires till the end to win..i can see why people mostly like nascar in the us..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Lewis Hamilton gets pulled by the police

Lewis Hamilton has been pulled over by the police in Melbourne for what he has described as "over-exuberant driving".

The 2008 Formula One world champion has since apologised for the incident, saying: "This evening, I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police.

"What I did was silly, and I want to apologise for it."

Hamilton was reportedly pulled over after he deliberately span his wheels while leaving the Albert Park racetrack. Victoria police have confirmed that he was arrested and his vehicle was impounded for 24 hours.

This is not the first time he has been in trouble with the traffic authorities ¬– he fell foul of the French police in 2007 for driving at excessive speed.

Hamilton is in Melbourne for the second round of this year's F1 championship, which takes place on Sunday.

uk.autoblog.com/2010/03/26/lewis-hamilton-gets-pulled-by-the-police/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Round 2 - Australian GP

Info: en.espnf1.com/f1/circuit/1318

Australian Grand Prix Free Practice 2

McLarens set the pace in the rain

The McLarens of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button set the fastest times of the day in a second session at Albert Park blighted by intermittent rain and a stiff breeze.

For much of the 90 minutes teams either sat and waited for the drizzle to stop or puzzled over which tyres to use. The only meaningful times were set in the first and last few minutes when the track was at its most predictable.

As the cars headed out light rain was beginning to fall and although Nico Rosberg, the morning's fastest man, threw down the marker, the McLarens were soon squabbling between themselves, Button and Hamilton recording the quickest lap twice each in a frantic burst before they headed for shelter with 25 minutes gone, Hamilton again on top.

Click: en.espnf1.com/australia/story/12433

"All We'll Drive"

Hamilton was reportedly pulled over after he deliberately span his wheels while leaving the Albert Park racetrack. Victoria police have confirmed that he was arrested and his vehicle was impounded for 24 hours.
    He did a burnout and he gets arrested?
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i think if u do burnout in front of the police anywhere , they would'nt be pleased.
    "All We'll Drive"

i think if u do burnout in front of the police anywhere , they would'nt be pleased.
    Well yeah but here in the US wouldn't it just be an "exhibition of speed" ticket? Being arrested seems a bit extreme but I don't know all the details.
    FORZA FERRARI

i guess the police down under dont like lewis. i bet their mark webber fans!
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Merk247 View Post
    i guess the police down under dont like lewis. i bet their mark webber fans!
    ^more than likely

plus remember mclaren were busted here before for the cheating scam
    "All We'll Drive"

much better race then round 1. alot of overtaking and re overtaking great race!
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB

Yeah this race was much more exciting.

Massa and Alonso really had to fight for position at the end there. I'm amazed Alonso was able to make it up to 4th despite that terrible start.

Hamilton seemed to be having quite the little temper tantrum at the end there.

I feel sorry for Vettel he's a great driver who seems to have the absolute worst luck, meanwhile Button who is just a decent driver seems to have the best luck.
    FORZA FERRARI