RA Round 1- Sno* Drift Jan29/30 talk/results spoiler*

This is a discussion on RA Round 1- Sno* Drift Jan29/30 talk/results spoiler* within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Round 1 of the Rally America Championship starts with the Sno* Drift the only winter rally on the Rally America ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool RA Round 1- Sno* Drift Jan29/30 talk/results spoiler*

Round 1 of the Rally America Championship starts with the Sno* Drift the only winter rally on the Rally America championship

The debut event for the Ford Fiesta driven by Ken Block/Alex Gelsomino

, hopefully bringing a challenge to the regular contenders of scoobies and evo's

Entry List: rally-america.com/SnoDrift/entrylist/

Official Website: www.sno-drift.org/

follow on Rally America: rally-america.com/events/2010/SnoDrift/
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-29-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Ken Block's inaugural outing in his new Ford Fiesta Rally car took place on Thursday ahead of today's opening of the Sno*Drift Rally America Series, and the crew at Monster have released some footage of Block's maiden run.

click me to read/watch video:
    autoblog.com//video-ken-block-tests-his-ford-fiesta-rally-ahead-of-sno-drift/

wooweeee
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-29-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    End of Day 1 Overall SS8 :

rally-america.com/events/2010/SnoDrift/results/

Listen to Ken Block speak with Francisco La Torre(WRS) on the ground at Sno Drift Rally 2010 shortly after his Rally came to a premature end...

click to listen: Ken Block Speaks to WRS about DNF and Future! | World Rally Sport

Sno* Drift thread on WRS: Sno*Drift Official thread *News/Talk/Results/Spoilers* - World Rally Sport Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SnoDrift-Overall-SS8.jpg  
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-30-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru Rally Team USA Travis Pastrana was in the lead of the icy 2010 Rally America season-opener after the Day 1 stages, while Ford driver Ken Block was out of the contest.

After the first day, Pastrana and co-driver Christian Edstrom had a 54-second lead over Canadian challengers Antoine L'Estage and co-driver Nathalie Richard.

But even as they're battling for position, competitors say they're treading carefully. They agree that the best strategy is to be conservative in order to avoid a wreck that would put them out of the rally early on.

"My grandma can drive faster than we're going… on a moped," said Pastrana on Friday. "It's just sheer ice."

Ken Block was reported out of the contest after the seventh stage late Friday. Early reports were that he suffered a mechanical failure.

In third place at the end of Day 1 were Bill Bacon and co-driver Peter Watt in their Mitsubishi Evo IX. The NOS Energy Drink team of Andrew "ACP" Comrie-Picard and co-driver Jeremy Wimpey were in fourth.

"I have been racing for 10 years and won both of the major snow events, but I've never seen anything like this," said Comrie-Picard after four stages. "The ice is absolutely unbelievable."

Subaru Rally Team USA's Dave Mirra and co-driver Derek Ringer rounded out the top five. Mirra has moved up from Super Production to the Open class for 2010 and said he was enjoying the more powerful car.

read more: rally-america/news=578
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 2

Overall as of SS12

rally-america.com/2010/SnoDrift/results/standings/12/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SnoDrift-Overall-SS12.jpg  
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    some pics from the Sno* Drift courtesy of Rally America and the guys at World Rally Sport.com(Francisco La Torre ,Matthew Young & Mike Proulx)

click: rally-america.com/events/2010/SnoDrift/gallery/1//
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-03-2010 at 03:55 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Overall as of SS18 :

click: rally-america/SnoDrift/results/standings/17/

Sno*Drift news: rally-america.com/2010/SnoDrift/news/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SnoDrift-Overall-SS17.jpg  
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-30-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations to Travis Pastrana/Christian Edstrom on winning the Sno* Drift Rally

Overall SS20:
    click: rally-america.com/2010/SnoDrift/results/standings/20/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SnoDrift-Overall-SS20.jpg  
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

Travis Pastrana has no shortage of critics who claim the daredevil is skating on thin ice.

Okay, that was a terrible segue into this year's Sno*Drift, the opening event in the Rally America Championship series, but yes, Pastrana and co-driver Christian Edstrom did skate to a fourth straight Sno*Drift victory on Saturday, trumping the second place team of Antoine L'Estage and co-driver Nathalie Richard by more than a minute. Not too bad for a guy who just had surgery for a broken collar bone.

Ken Block, sporting his trademark goatee and a new Ford Fiesta rally car, retired after just seven stages due to suspension failure.

Organized around the snowy gravel roads of Northern Lower Michigan, Sno*Drift 2010 wasn't so much with the snow thanks to a warm spell and thorough soaking of rain, followed by a quick dip into sub-zero temperatures-all within a week of race day.

Roads turned into rivers of glare ice, and since studded tires aren't allowed in the series, automotive hilarity reminiscent of Snoopy on Ice was the order of the day.

Just ask Pastrana's team mate Dave Mirra, who crossed the final mark literally dragging his Subie's front bumper and headlights thanks to a late-stage disagreement between himself, Sir Issac Newton, and a tree.

More to come on Pastrana, Block, and Rally America; in the meantime spy the Rally America gallery while we search Wikipedia for frost bite remedies and tips on removing champagne from blue jeans.

click: autoblog.com/pastrana-puts-competition-on-ice-at-rally-america-sno-drift/
    "All We'll Drive"