Kimi's new look/Arctic Lapland Rally 2010

This is a discussion on Kimi's new look/Arctic Lapland Rally 2010 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pictures showing the 2010 livery of Kimi Raikkonen's Citroen C4 WRC, and the Finn's WRC race-suit, have been released by ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Kimi's new look/Arctic Lapland Rally 2010

Pictures showing the 2010 livery of Kimi Raikkonen's Citroen C4 WRC, and the Finn's WRC race-suit, have been released by Red Bull.
    In stark contrast to his Ferrari red ensemble of 2009, Raikkonen's new colour scheme is predominantly blue.
    His car features an all-blue bonnet, and blue pained panels on each side which extend to the middle of the rear-wheel arches. The car also sports a silver/grey roof and rear end - setting it apart from the white panels of the factory team cars.
    With Red Bull a major backer of Raikkonen's rally programme, it's no surprise that the drinks firm's branding features prominently. In addition to the charging bulls on the front doors and bonnet, the Red Bull name is spelt out across the leading edge of the bonnet, while two other Red Bull logos appear on the rear flanks.
    Raikkonen and his co-driver Kaj Lindstrom will drive their C4 competitively for the first time on the Arctic Lapland Rally, which starts on 28 January.

Arctic Lapland Rally: arcticrally.fi/english/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In a subdued monotone
    "Yeah, my new colors are ok. The car is ok too. Yeah, rally is ok sport, my times should be ok."
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    In a subdued monotone
    "Yeah, my new colors are ok. The car is ok too. Yeah, rally is ok sport, my times should be ok."
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

lawld

I Support ClubWRX
    In a subdued monotone
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

In a subdued monotone
    I can almost hear it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Finland's 2007 Formula One champion Kimi Raikkonen has crashed on his first competitive event driving for the Citroen Junior World Rally Team.
    Raikkonen was placed second overall in the Arctic Lapland Rally when his car left the road and crashed into a tree on the event's second stage, the 23km Aittajärvi.
    Kimi and co-driver Kaj Lindstrom were unhurt in the incident, but their C4 World Rally Car sustained damage to its right-hand front corner. With help from spectators the pair eventually got the car back on the road and underway again, but the episode cost them more than 20 minutes and could bring an end to their day.
    The team is hoping that once the car is repaired, Raikkonen will be able to continue in today's competition, or re-start on Saturday.
    Raikkonen and Lindstrom are tackling the winter event, the opening round of the Finnish championship, as a warm-up before their WRC campaign kicks off in Sweden on 11 February.

read more: wrc.com/Raikkonen+crashes+on+Arctic+Rally

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Former F1 World champion Kimi Raikkonen has said that he was 'pleased' following his outing on the 2010 Arctic Lapland Rally last weekend, even though he crashed out on the opening day.

Raikkonen was making his debut in a WRC car and despite his off on the second stage, he bounced back and eventually finished the event, the curtain-raiser for the Finnish Rally Championship, and a rally on which the former Ferrari F1 man had finished 13th on his bow in the sport twelve months earlier in a Fiat Abarth Grande Punto S2000.

“Things didn't exactly get off to the best start as we went off the road during the second stage. But luckily there was no mechanical damage and I was able to continue in the rally,” explained Raikkonen, who will of course compete in the 2010 World Rally Championship full-time this year with the Citroen Junior Team.

“From there it got a lot better for me and we were much more consistent. We put a few more kilometres under our belt, which was vital to help us continue learning the C4 WRC. As well as being pleased by our performances I was also pleased by the way we were able to work with the team.

“We developed our set-up in the right direction and now we are going to continue our work in order to arrive in Sweden in the strongest possible position.”

Dani Sordo meanwhile was also in action in the event and he was fastest in all twelve stages in the other C4 WRC entered by Citroen Sport.

read more: crash.net/raikkonen_it_got_better_after_crash.html
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-01-2010 at 04:35 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

A dominating performance in the Arctic Lapland rally at the weekend has left Citroen factory team driver Dani Sordo feeling more confident about his chances of success in Rally Sweden, the opening round of the World Rally Championship, which gets underway on 11 February.
    Sordo and co-driver Marc Marti took an easy win on the Rovaniemi-based rally - the opening round of the Finnish Championship - which they tackled as part of their pre-season test programme.
    Driving the same C4 WRC they will campaign in the 2010 World Championship, they faced little real challengers on an event which doesn't normally allow World Rally Car entries. His Citroen stable-mate, Kimi Raikkonen, was the only other competitor in a top level car, while Estonian Ott Tanak was the only other WRC entrant, in a 2003 specification Ford Focus.
    Throughout the rally, Sordo didn't put a foot wrong. The Spaniard set 12 fastest times in as many stages and felt his driving on ice and snow had benefited from the experience. "I enjoyed myself so much that I would happily have driven on for a few more stages!" he said. "This weekend went well, run in perfect conditions, and we were able to carry out some useful work with the team.

read more click: wrc.com/=Arctic+victory+a+confidence+boost%2C+says+Sordo
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    multimedia/videos from Kimi's Arctic Lapland Rally etc...

YouTube - Kimi Räikkönen Arctic Rally Lapland From YLE 2010

also here click: kimiraikkonen.com/
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-12-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

I'm so happy on June 12 you go to Canada!! I cant to see You Guys!