NHRA to host first ever four-lane drag race
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NHRA to host first ever four-lane drag race within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Your eyes do not deceive you what you see above is four lanes of funny car action at the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

NHRA to host first ever four-lane drag race

Your eyes do not deceive you what you see above is four lanes of funny car action at the zMax Dragway in Charlotte, NC, built specifically for such shenanigans. That was just an exhibition run, but the National Hot Rod Association has announced that this year it will run 4-up racing in anger at the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals in two months.

The zMax venue is like two traditional drag racing setups put side-by-side and separated by a retaining wall. The track's chairman calls it "the Bellagio of drag strips," All four classes, Top Fuel dragsters, Funny Cars, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle will run in quadruples throughout the three days of competition, from qualifying to finals. The new method will shorten the final elimination round to about 3.5 hours, but should up the excitement scale to make up for it.

Top Fuel's 14-time champion John Force called the coming event "our version of March Madness." At 300 miles per hour.

from: autoblog.nhra-to-host-first-ever-four-lane-drag-race/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

IBtheyruntheentirefieldatonceandfinishbeforethefir stcommercialbreak
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Back in the '60s-70's there were a few 4 wide drag strips that used to run events.One of them was Dragway 42 here in West Salem,Ohio.I got to see a couple races there with my uncle,who had a '53 Studebaker gasser with a chrysler engine. The event at Z-Max will be a first for a National event.I'm putting this race on the list for this year.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    I think they should make it a little more exciting. Take away the dividers and line up 10 at a time.

Do you know how hard it is going to be to stage a fuel car having to look at both the left and right trees to see who is pre staged, then staged? Or a top alcohol funny car?!!!
    This is going to get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    This is going to get interesting.
    oooooooo yeah
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Wow, im pretty excited to see this... IF it happens to be one of the races good ol' TSN carries up here in Canada, or they crack Nagra 3...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.