The "Snake" is Gone

This is a discussion on The "Snake" is Gone within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don “the Snake” Prudhomme, one of the most accomplished drivers and revered team owners in the history of motorsports, announced ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Unhappy The "Snake" is Gone

Don “the Snake” Prudhomme, one of the most accomplished drivers and revered team owners in the history of motorsports, announced his retirement today, ending a career spanning five decades in drag racing.

Prudhomme’s 47-year career featured him behind the wheel for 32 seasons before he retired from driving at the end of his 1994 Final Strike campaign. He then transitioned to the role of team owner. Overall, Prudhomme has an impressive combination of six NHRA world championships and 112 national event victories.

“I feel very fortunate to have been able to make a living in drag racing and to have enjoyed some success along the way,” said Prudhomme. “I would like to thank all of the great sponsors we’ve worked with over the years, everyone at NHRA, the many track owners, operators, and promoters, our past employees and team members, and all of the drag racing fans that have supported Snake Racing.”
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, it is tough. He really lost the most valuable pieces of his team over the last few years, and with the market the way it is, it is hard to find money to buy new ones. (Insert crew chiefs names here.)
    But the mystic of "The Snake" really took a different turn when he transitioned from driver to owner only.
    He had a great run as a driver and a really good run as an owner as well. He put some great teams together over the years, and we will see him around. He won't be gone from the sport totally.