is Launching bad??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on is Launching bad?? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; is launching the impreza bad for it?...

is Launching bad??

is launching the impreza bad for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

short answer: yes
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba2708 View Post
    short answer: yes
    how about when u get a launch controller lol

Quote Originally Posted by aznbutt3rz View Post
    how about when u get a launch controller lol
    bad.
    still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FUJIcar87 View Post
    bad.
    still bad.
    oh ok. thanks

all launch control does is help you out with getting the engine RPMs right for the launch. you still have to worry about stress on the drivetrain. unless you have an sti it is very easy to break a gear, and even in an sti you can break the driveshaft or axles quite easily if launched too much

all launch control does is help you out with getting the engine RPMs right for the launch. you still have to worry about stress on the drivetrain. unless you have an sti it is very easy to break a gear, and even in an sti you can break the driveshaft or axles quite easily if launched too much
    my stupid friend tell me to launch and i tell them no lol... but what would u do if u go out dragging?

Quote Originally Posted by aznbutt3rz View Post
    my stupid friend tell me to launch and i tell them no lol... but what would u do if u go out dragging?
    you really wouldnt need to.
    most of the time a subarus awesome AWD system will be jumpy enough off the line to destroy any stupid civic that walks in your path.

if you have launched it, driven hard, just stop, or ease up.
    these cars are metal and plastic just like everything else on the road, you can destroy them doing stupid stuff.

if your going to be at the strip fairly often in would definately invest in either an sti tranny or some ppg gears so you dont break a gear. theres a place i believe is called the driveshaft shop that sells driveshafts and axles that are much stronger and lighter than oem so that wouldnt hurt either.

then all you have to worry about is your clutch.

if you dont want to spend all that money though, then dont launch flat out, just ease the clutch out slowly enough that there isnt much shock on the car but fast enough that you dont fry the clutch.

if your going to be at the strip fairly often in would definately invest in either an sti tranny or some ppg gears so you dont break a gear. theres a place i believe is called the driveshaft shop that sells driveshafts and axles that are much stronger and lighter than oem so that wouldnt hurt either.

then all you have to worry about is your clutch.

if you dont want to spend all that money though, then dont launch flat out, just ease the clutch out slowly enough that there isnt much shock on the car but fast enough that you dont fry the clutch.
    ill keep that in mind. thanks

Welcome to the wild world of high performance. I don't care how tough you make the parts, every time you take it to the limit of what it is capable of, you are one step closer to breaking it.
    Can you launch the car and not break it? Yeah. But how much and how often? It does not matter if we are talking about a 1982 Canary yellow Monte Carlo with three bald tires and one green door, or a brand new KGK top fuel funny car. Every time you take them to the limit of what they are capable of, you are one step closer to breaking something. We have found that we cannot make parts that are unbreakable. Someone will make enough horsepower and drive it hard enough to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Welcome to the wild world of high performance. I don't care how tough you make the parts, every time you take it to the limit of what it is capable of, you are one step closer to breaking it.
    Can you launch the car and not break it? Yeah. But how much and how often? It does not matter if we are talking about a 1982 Canary yellow Monte Carlo with three bald tires and one green door, or a brand new KGK top fuel funny car. Every time you take them to the limit of what they are capable of, you are one step closer to breaking something. We have found that we cannot make parts that are unbreakable. Someone will make enough horsepower and drive it hard enough to break it.
    +1

show me the drivetrain I can launch everytime without consequence and il hand over my credit card!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    +1

show me the drivetrain I can launch everytime without consequence and il hand over my credit card!
    PPG STi 6spd with driveshaft shop axles and drive shafts and a R200 rear differential...

Do you have 10k dollars for the drivetrain?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Launching is just an ambiguous word. I launch every time, at every stop light. Been doing that from '98-07 with an S4, 07-09 with an MS3, and now with a '10 WRX, and never broke anything, and never a clutch worn.

Of course, if you are referring to launching from redline and dumping the clutch at full throttle, then that could break something in any car. With enough skill and practice, you can rev it up to like 4-5K, and tactfully lift off the clutch while increasing gas, and find that sweet spot where the car launches without bogging down or burning the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by gimli View Post
    Launching is just an ambiguous word. I launch every time, at every stop light. Been doing that from '98-07 with an S4, 07-09 with an MS3, and now with a '10 WRX, and never broke anything, and never a clutch worn.

Of course, if you are referring to launching from redline and dumping the clutch at full throttle, then that could break something in any car. With enough skill and practice, you can rev it up to like 4-5K, and tactfully lift off the clutch while increasing gas, and find that sweet spot where the car launches without bogging down or burning the clutch.
    how bad you beat your car is the question. I had a eagle talon and i beat that thing till it wouldn't work no more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast