NASCAR turns right, headed to Road America in 2010

This is a discussion on NASCAR turns right, headed to Road America in 2010 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some motorsports fans take issue with the fact that the vast majority of NASCAR tracks are little more than a ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post NASCAR turns right, headed to Road America in 2010

Some motorsports fans take issue with the fact that the vast majority of NASCAR tracks are little more than a series of left turns. This is for you, roundy-round jokers. The official sport of the South is mixing in some right turns and working the brakes a bit more in 2010 with a pair of road courses. The first race, a June 20 Sprint Cup affair at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California, was already on the books, and now the truck racing series has added a second road course on June 19. The Nationwide Truck Series race will be held at Road America near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, where a scenic 4.04 mile, 14 turn course awaits tailgate-loving NASCAR drivers.

We joke about NASCAR and right turns, but Wisconsin native Paul Menard thinks the biggest challenge will come courtesy of the brake pedal. "Braking will be the hardest aspect. Strategy will play a big part in this race." NASCAR hasn't run a national cup race at Road America since way back in1956, back when race cars used carburetors weren't as fast. Racing Road America will likely be a challenge for drivers who participate in both NASCAR Series, as a trip from Wisconsin to California inside of 24 hours sandwiched between a pair of tough races doesn't sound at all easy to us.

Whether you love NASCAR or you can't stand it, we're thinking middle America's racing sport of choice deserves hats off for mixing it up a bit this year.

autoblog.com/2009/12/23/nascar-turns-right-headed-to-road-america-in-2010/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a start ...

Left, left, left, etc ... gets really boring.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 12-23-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

The carosel and the Kink in any stock car is pretty damn interesting I bet. Especially with someone tryin to stick a nose on someone else's inside. two wide headed to the Kink.. YYEEEAHHHHAAAAAAAA....!!!!!!!

The last 3 years my dad has taken me and my gf to the Craftsman Truck races and the Nationwide races at the Milwaukee Mile. I hope I can talk him into or if he has already planned to buy tickets for that race.

Oh and another cool thing is I work in Elkhart Lake and Drive past that every day to and from work.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Should be fun to watch,the truck drivers really like to lean on each other.I predict a lot of carnage.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

It's a shame it is only the truck series, but I agree, it would be fun to see the truck drivers beating on each other.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.