Schumacher Back In F1

This is a discussion on Schumacher Back In F1 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Michael Schumacher will make a remarkable comeback next season with the Mercedes Grand Prix team, it was confirmed on Wednesday. ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Schumacher Back In F1

Michael Schumacher will make a remarkable comeback next season with the Mercedes Grand Prix team, it was confirmed on Wednesday.
    The seven-time Formula One world champion quit Grand Prix racing at the end of the 2006 season after winning an all-time record 91 races (among 154 podium finishes) and 68 pole positions. Since then he has served as a trackside consultant for Ferrari, with which he won five of his titles. Schumacher will partner with Nico Rosberg in an all-German driving squad. Many Formula One insiders had anticipated a one-season deal, but Schumacher's new contract is for three years. Mercedes bought a stake in the former Brawn GP after the season and renamed it.
    Schumacher, will 41 years old on Jan. 3, 2010.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Assuming that Brawn stays with them, it'll be a great team back together!

I had heard the rumors, but hadn't seen confirmation. Thanks for the post!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The Kerpen native duly left, but he also left behind some unfinished business – and after his failed comeback in-place of Massa following the Brazilian's terrifying Hungaroring qualifying accident during the summer re-awakened his thirst for the fight, he is now back to finish it off.

“Mercedes Grand Prix Petronas represents a new challenge for me both in a sporting and a personal context,” Schumacher affirmed. “It is a new chapter in my racing career, and I am really looking forward to working with my old friend Ross Brawn and my companions from my days with the Mercedes Junior Programme.

crash.net/f1/news/155543/1/michael_schumacher_to_return_to_f1_with_mercedes_g p.html

--------------------
    And from BBC News UK: with video interview !

click
    BBC Sport - F1 - Michael Schumacher signs up for F1 return with Mercedes
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-23-2009 at 07:30 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

*darth vader voice* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was obvious this was happening for a while but this is horrible. I like Schumacher so it's a lose lose situation. He does well that hurts Ferrari if he doesn't do well then all the anti-schumacher people will come out of the wood work again.

The thing I found surprising is his contract was only 7million euros. Which is a lot but not what I'd consider "schumacher money".
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.