Auto-X for Dummies - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Auto-X for Dummies within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by northshore If you are really interested in improving...check out and try an EVO School EVO School Too ...

Quote Originally Posted by northshore View Post
    If you are really interested in improving...check out and try an EVO School

EVO School
    Too bad, I'm in the bay area. I'll look into the schools around here as well, but only after I've experienced an event first. I'd like to see the progress (if any)
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't bother making adjustments to the car or trying to build it for AutoX. None of the changes will make any kind of difference if you don't have any racing experience or any past results to compare them to. You could go out there with the optimal setup for everything, and lose to a bone stock Prius, simply based on driving errors. Once you've gotten to the point where you're having trouble beating your times, THEN make adjustments to alignment, tires, suspension, etc.

Oh, and invest in a 4-point harness. Aside from tires, a harness is without a doubt, the most useful upgrade you can make for racing.

I've only done a few events, and I can tell you from personal experience, more power = slower times lol. At least for FWD anyway...
    Last edited by CarbonXe; 01-05-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    Don't bother making adjustments to the car or trying to build it for AutoX. None of the changes will make any kind of difference if you don't have any racing experience or any past results to compare them to.
    Oh, and invest in a 4-point harness. Aside from tires, a harness is without a doubt, the most useful upgrade you can make for racing.
    ^que?

Yeah, I love how autoX is (for the most part) an even playing field in terms of performance, and it decidedly rests on the driver, not the car. Those mods were before I decided to try organized racing, but I've become so used to them.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

The "don't mod" part was pretty much for the guy who said he was going to "build a street class car."

The "don't mod" part was pretty much for the guy who said he was going to "build a street class car."
    Sounds like STS or STX. Both are very tough classes to compete in. The 89 Civic Si kills all in STS currently.

Edit: Then again 3 or was it 4 of the top National drivers have 89 Civic Si.....go figure. Fast drivers in the CSCC region.

Oh, invest in a camera suction cup mount.

I use one of these to mount my camera to my car.
    Gripper Midi 498 - The Filmtools 3/8 6" Suction-Cup Camera Mount

Oh, invest in a camera suction cup mount.

I use one of these to mount my camera to my car.
    Gripper Midi 498 - The Filmtools 3/8 6" Suction-Cup Camera Mount
    Here is a good one as well

Solid State Digital Video Recording Systems and Cameras | ChaseCam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.