11 second WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 11 second WRX within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister You can do something competitive at all levels... There are different classes for that very reason! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    You can do something competitive at all levels... There are different classes for that very reason!

Also, under 11.5 you'll have to get a roll cage which is very costly.
    how wide spread is time attack?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIcar87 View Post
    how wide spread is time attack?
    that's a totally different form of motorsports....
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    EWG setup $330
    Show me a full EWG setup for $330 ... my Grimmspeed 38mm setup was a steal @ $490 (that's pretty much cost to vendors)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Show me a full EWG setup for $330 ... my Grimmspeed 38mm setup was a steal @ $490 (that's pretty much cost to vendors)
    That was from Grimmspeed's site, but I didn't notice that it didn't include the price of the EWG it's self in that ad
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sinister, AEM's intakes are actually very good. The ones they've been selling for the last 4 years or so at least.

Banned
    k.. i have 2 liter running 12.7.. and if im not mistaken the 2.5 is more power? better for quarter mile... i have no where near the amount of mods you're telling him to buy.... total in mods ive spent only $720 and ran that..... so with him having more base power id say a TMIC.. not front mount too much loss of boost from what ive seen on my friends 06. exhaust. 20g and a good tune and really ideal conditions would pu you to the high 11's with a really really good pass.. but id venture to say thats more likely to be a lower 12..

Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    k.. i have 2 liter running 12.7.. and if im not mistaken the 2.5 is more power? better for quarter mile... i have no where near the amount of mods you're telling him to buy.... total in mods ive spent only $720 and ran that..... so with him having more base power id say a TMIC.. not front mount too much loss of boost from what ive seen on my friends 06. exhaust. 20g and a good tune and really ideal conditions would pu you to the high 11's with a really really good pass.. but id venture to say thats more likely to be a lower 12..
    12s sounds good.

Dude theres this thing called reliability.
    I would much rather spend a few more dollars and make my car reliable and solid as I can rather then just bolt on a bigger turbo and mess with my fuel system and having at it.
    Turbos are like playing russian roulette with your engine- especially at high boost levels.

ohh and sinister, if I could have afforded the STi I would have bought one.

I could't find one that I could afford.
    So I got my WRX non STi.

Banned
    the 2.5's are stronger than the 2.0's... im pushing 18 psi no problems... if ur aiming for 12's then it will be easy... 11's will be a bit harder.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    the 2.5's are stronger than the 2.0's... im pushing 18 psi no problems... if ur aiming for 12's then it will be easy... 11's will be a bit harder.
    I still dispute your setup. You must have mods that you don't know about, including turbo an injectors. 18 psi on a VFxx will get your trap speeds and time, on a TD04 with an aggressive 18 psi map, not humanly possible. Again, your track results are what cars with far more mods and far more aggressive tuning will get on a perfect run.

Erm actually no their not. The old 2.0s came with better internals. The new 2.5s have weaker pistons, from what I have read the new 2.5 will crap out faster under boost then the stock 2.0

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Erm actually no their not. The old 2.0s came with better internals. The new 2.5s have weaker pistons, from what I have read the new 2.5 will crap out faster under boost then the stock 2.0
    2.5s will consistantly hold more power than 2.0s.

2.0s start increasingly being affected by power over ~315 whp, while a 2.5 will at about 350. The rods in the 2.0L are only good for 375 while STI ones will hold closer to 500.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I still dispute your setup. You must have mods that you don't know about, including turbo an injectors. 18 psi on a VFxx will get your trap speeds and time, on a TD04 with an aggressive 18 psi map, not humanly possible. Again, your track results are what cars with far more mods and far more aggressive tuning will get on a perfect run.
    ill get pics with a nikon camera and post them to prove to u that its stock... i promise u its stock turbo. i gotta get ahold of my friend with the camera so itll be in the next few days

Banned
    im saying from factory they have more power.. so i figured with boost/tune it would be more... strength wise i dont know which is better/worse...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    2.5s will consistantly hold more power than 2.0s.

2.0s start increasingly being affected by power over ~315 whp, while a 2.5 will at about 350. The rods in the 2.0L are only good for 375 while STI ones will hold closer to 500.
    it doesn't matter what you think or dispute

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast