first time at quarter mile track - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80

This is a discussion on first time at quarter mile track within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by turbotwist that time and trap speed seems waaaaaaayyyy to fast for what you have It is on ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    that time and trap speed seems waaaaaaayyyy to fast for what you have
    It is on the edge of believability I agree. Most guys that run these times have TGV deletes, a little less weight, race fuel/meth injection, ex manifolds, etc.

    OP do you have any other mods that you haven't listed? Gaining that MPH in the back half is a big deal. Not saying it can't be done, but usually its done with more mods. That being said conditions were very conducive to good times...

    Things that would help you here.

    -Posting some datalogs of your car if you can. This would give us a good idea of how much power your car is making.
    -A video if you have one, of the run.
    -Slips of other runs that were close.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    It is on the edge of believability I agree. Most guys that run these times have TGV deletes, a little less weight, race fuel/meth injection, ex manifolds, etc.

    OP do you have any other mods that you haven't listed? Gaining that MPH in the back half is a big deal. Not saying it can't be done, but usually its done with more mods. That being said conditions were very conducive to good times...

    Things that would help you here.

    -Posting some datalogs of your car if you can. This would give us a good idea of how much power your car is making.
    -A video if you have one, of the run.
    -Slips of other runs that were close.
    ive listed all mods i have. im pushing about 18 psi which seems to help alot top end. no video unfortunately the guy that was supposed to go with the camera had to work.. and i'll put up all time slips of the day when i find them... lol

  4. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    found a video of my pass... unfortunately cant see the time cause of sunlight but if u listen u can hear them announce it on 2 passes 12.7 on one and 12.8 on another. a friend of mine in a supra had the camera and his girlfriend took video.. so i now have proof of my runs.

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMNdpglAU6w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMNdpglAU6w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

  5. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    ok fail on the embed... so here is the link to the video. my runs/mod list are at 2:45

    YouTube - Supra,Srt-4,WRX, 1/4 mile Drag racing

  6. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    and as far as what ive found the worlds fastest stock block and turbo 2 liter is a 12.6... if u find faster on stock block and turbo let me know

  7. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    and as far as what ive found the worlds fastest stock block and turbo 2 liter is a 12.6... if u find faster on stock block and turbo let me know
    did some research.. as far as what ive found the worlds fastest stock block and turbo is 12.781 at 106.61. and my run was 12.789 at 108.96. so i had higher MPH and was almost there for the time....

  8. #37
    Registered User turbotwist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ri
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    did some research.. as far as what ive found the worlds fastest stock block and turbo is 12.781 at 106.61. and my run was 12.789 at 108.96. so i had higher MPH and was almost there for the time....
    so you you own the worlds fastest stock block/turbo wrx........ trapped 2 mph higher...
    what hp and tq numbers are you making?
    Last edited by turbotwist; 12-06-2009 at 06:42 PM.

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    so you you own the worlds fastest stock block/turbo wrx........ trapped 2 mph higher...
    what hp and tq numbers are you making?
    never had it dyno'd but i think about 240 HP. maybe 260-270 torque

  10. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    did some research.. as far as what ive found the worlds fastest stock block and turbo is 12.781 at 106.61. and my run was 12.789 at 108.96. so i had higher MPH and was almost there for the time....
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Not true. Opposite lock over on NASIOC went like 12.49 @ 111 I believe. With a fastest trap of 112.xx He was still on the TD04 and the 2.0L.

    12.493@111.45 Stock Turbo 2.0 WRX - NASIOC

    Its definitely possible. OP who tuned your car?
    Hello? Did you not read my post in this very thread? To beat 12.49 you'll need a little weight reduction.

    Take out 100lbs and get TGV deletes, pnp'd everything, a good CAI, E85, 3port BCS, EWG, and a "kill mode" tune and you could get there IMO.

  11. #40
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,627
    I Support ClubWRX
    I still don't believe it.

    If you did it, Amazing! But this one of those I'd have to see it to believe it things. The mods + time don't add up in my head.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  12. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Hello? Did you not read my post in this very thread? To beat 12.49 you'll need a little weight reduction.

    Take out 100lbs and get TGV deletes, pnp'd everything, a good CAI, E85, 3port BCS, EWG, and a "kill mode" tune and you could get there IMO.
    yes i read ur post... but is that on stock block?

  13. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I still don't believe it.

    If you did it, Amazing! But this one of those I'd have to see it to believe it things. The mods + time don't add up in my head.
    i posted a video that i did NOT record... someone else did and also quoted my time/speed in the video.. and i posted a timeslip...

  14. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I still don't believe it.

    If you did it, Amazing! But this one of those I'd have to see it to believe it things. The mods + time don't add up in my head.
    car with me in it 3225 pounds... and that 12.4 wrx had WAY more mods than me... including the sti suspension and a ported turbo so its not stock turbo. so thats not the record for stock turbo. but anyways.. future ideas for mods for me.. im thinking of doing a ported header and a pulley system? any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

  15. #44
    Buzzz Wannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    5,215
    I don't know if it is legit or not. Seems fairly reasonable.
    I just keep druling all over my keyboard when I think about running in conditions like that. If I put everything on kill and ran at that track that day, I sure would have a personal best, and maybe even creep into the 6's. (MMmmmm - - Siiixes.)

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    car with me in it 3225 pounds... and that 12.4 wrx had WAY more mods than me... including the sti suspension and a ported turbo so its not stock turbo. so thats not the record for stock turbo. but anyways.. future ideas for mods for me.. im thinking of doing a ported header and a pulley system? any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
    where did you see that mod mentioned? I don't recall seeing it. But how does porting a turbo not make it stock? Porting the exhaust manifold gives good gains, so maybe we should say "fastest stock block, stock turbo, stock manifold'? There has to be a line drawn somewhere....

    Future mod wise a ported header is a good idea. Going EWG will help raise the entire curve once your spooled up. TGV deletes is always a good idea.

    If you can get it, running E85 is priceless. I don't know if a pully system would really be worth the cost, but you could always guinea pig that and see.

    You already have decent driving skills, so now it comes down to squeezing out every last CFM from the TD04. You'll be making huge torque, so might be a good idea to start a transmission fund. PPG's would be sick on a maxed out TD04 setup IMO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •