Danica Patrick near 2 year deal with NASCAR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Danica Patrick near 2 year deal with NASCAR within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; link Sources: Danica Patrick nearing two-year deal with JR Motorsports to race in Nationwide Series - ESPN...

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love Danica, I hope she can prove herself in NASCAR. She has the fan base but a stock car is an entirely different animal than the Indy cars she is accustomed to. I go to 3-4 NASCAR races a year, hopefully she will be racing in the ones I go to so I can pull for her to do well.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Patrick unveils No. 7 JR Motorsports stock car | Comcast.net

Done deal?

Sorry, but ARCA is nowhere near Nextel Cup, imho.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

Done deal?

Well it is a start and it will definitely get her used to the feel of a bigger heavier car that moves around a lot more than her Indy car. Sure she has a ton a proving to do before she will be a regular in the Cup series but with Dale Jr and Hendrick behind her she will make it, probably within the next 3 years.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    but with Dale Jr and Hendrick behind her she will make it, probably within the next 3 years.
    I'd get behind her...

Rogan o_0

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd get behind her...

+1
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I think Danica Patrick is WAY overrated as a race driver. She has 2 things going for her...they're both on her chest, and they're not sponsor logos.

Remember when Joey Logano raced in the ARCA series and everyone thought he was going to be the next superstar of nascar? She's all boobs and little talent. Chrissy Wallace would kick her ass.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    I think Danica Patrick is WAY overrated as a race driver. She has 2 things going for her...they're both on her chest, and they're not sponsor logos.

Remember when Joey Logano raced in the ARCA series and everyone thought he was going to be the next superstar of nascar? She's all boobs and little talent. Chrissy Wallace would kick her ass.
    I would posit it's more accurate to say she is a "pretty face", as her boobs are actually somewhat less then spectacular.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I would posit it's more accurate to say she is a "pretty face", as her boobs are actually somewhat less then spectacular.
    Agreed. Turd-cutter ain't bad, either.
    Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    they're better than Tony Stewart's
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    they're better than Tony Stewart's
    Marginally yes.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Done deal?

remember when Joey Logano was racing in ARCA and doing really well and everyone couldn't wait for him to get into the cup series and blow everyone away?

go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    There ought to be more women in open-wheel racing where every gram is absolutely critical. It's not easy to find males below 50 kg; it's much easier to find adult females under that weight. I don't know if their soft tissues and skeletal systems and cardiovascular systems would make them competitive at that body size compared to a somewhat larger male, but I'd like to think so.

This woman is going from a series where her size and weight are an advantage to one where ostensibly they make no difference since the car itself is several hundred kg heavier. I think that'd be giving away one significant advantage but I could be wrong.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i don't think she's going to nascar because she wants to race there. She's going because her disappointing Indy career is quickly coming to an end and she's capitalizing on her popularity to extend her earning potential for another couple of years and hawk some more products. Unfortunately, DoGaddy already has a driver in the Cup series...Mark Martin who can drive rings around Danika Patrick in a broken-down Yugo.

I saw an interview with her a few years ago when someone asked her if she'd ever consider driving for nascar she said something like "are you kidding? their season is so long! I like my "sitting by the pool and not doing anything" time too much to do nascar."

This is all about the paycheck. In nascar she can have a mediocre season and still rake in millions - just look at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nascar teams are cheaper to maintain than Indy, and with a high profile driver, they can bring in more money...even without a single win.

She's not a bad driver, she's just not a great driver. I'm sure she'll finish ahead of drivers like Michael Waltrip and Sterling Mariln at least half the time.
    Last edited by blarg; 12-08-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Then it sounds like a good idea for her to move there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast