Danica Patrick near 2 year deal with NASCAR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Danica Patrick near 2 year deal with NASCAR within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Her sponsorship appeal will be immense.This is all about making money,which is okay with me.Her first race is in the ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Her sponsorship appeal will be immense.This is all about making money,which is okay with me.Her first race is in the ARCA series at Daytona.This is a great oppurtunity for her to go airborne and land on the roof for valuable TV time.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    remember when Joey Logano was racing in ARCA and doing really well and everyone couldn't wait for him to get into the cup series and blow everyone away?

Logano is a very good racer, he has ran well in cup and nationwide including 6 wins last season (5nw 1cup)
    True Danika isn't the most talented driver but I have no doubt she can win races in the ARCA and NW series and perhaps pull off a few in the cup series. I would rather see Danika in the cup series every Sunday instead of some of them other field fillers. Her move to Nascar has a lot to do with the money, of course, but probably equally as much to do with the level of competition. Every racer wants to race against the best, and Nascar is where it is right now.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

meh.

Even the field fillers win a race every now and again. I think Joey Logano is a good driver, but he's not a world-class Cup series driver. He's not the first driver that came over from a lower series only to blow chunks. But you're right, even as a field filler I'd rather see her in a car than Mike Bliss or Joe Nemecheck - and she'll probably get more screen time for the sponsors than they do when she wrecks. I just can't get very excited about a mediocre driver.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12