Loeb denied license to drive in F1 race
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Loeb denied license to drive in F1 race within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; World Rally Championship star Sébastien Loeb says he's not disappointed by the FIA's decision to not grant him a Formula ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Loeb denied license to drive in F1 race

World Rally Championship star Sébastien Loeb says he's not disappointed by the FIA's decision to not grant him a Formula One superlicence for his planned outing in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Red Bull had planned to put Loeb in a Toro Rosso car for the race, a onetime outing that would have generated much publicity. However, despite Loeb's recent Le Mans experience, it was deemed that he is not qualified to participate. Superlicences normally are issued only to Formula Three (and now Formula Two) champions and those who have sufficient GP2 experience.

"I take things as they come," Loeb said on his Web site. "Anyway, there are no regrets because there was no ambition. The only regret I have is that I'd have had fun doing it. It was a fun project. But hey, that's how it is! At least now I know. There are no more questions. It would have kept the journalists busy; they have been able to make assumptions, analyses, etc. It will have kept them well-occupied right up until today.

"In fact, Citroën had urged Red Bull to have a definitive answer by Monday night just so we could be relaxed about this grand prix question. Initially, this was to have been announced on Sunday evening, but because of the problem with the superlicence, it has dragged on until yesterday.

"The regulations for getting it are very precise. I do not meet any of the conditions stipulated in the regulations. So it's logical that I failed to obtain such a license. It's like that, it is the rule, it is the decision of the FIA. There's no crying foul."

Loeb concedes that the chance will probably not come again.

"I told myself that I will probably only have one opportunity like this in my life. That was why I accepted. There, it is gone. I did not get the superlicence this time; I do not see how I could get it without preparation and the necessary tests in F1.

"The two championships would have been finished. Button won his world title last weekend, and the WRC title is at stake this weekend. So, my participation would not have got in the way of either championship. Finding an opportunity like that again seems very unlikely. All this put together, I do not think this opportunity will present itself again.

"Anyway, you should not have expected me to get a result. It was clearly impossible. Don't think I am saying this with false modesty. I know what I lack when I'm on a race circuit: on average, a second a lap. I imagine that in F1, there would have been a little more. I know that a World Rally Champion lining up for a Grand Prix creates a stir. I also know that everything would have been analyzed, but after all there is not so much to analyze. It was just a privilege offered to me by Red Bull, that is all!"
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure there are plenty of DP teams in Rolex that would toss him in on one of their enduro races.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

that would be interesting to see how good the best rally driver could do in F1 since they are quite different type of race
    There is only 3 cars could ever shake my heart in this universe:

1st Mazda RX-7 FD3S Type RZ
    2nd Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    3rd Prosche 997 GT2

Yet, 2 out of 3 are using boxer engines

apg
    If Loeb accepted F1 licence he would made a big big mistake!
    The same thing for Valentino Rossi if he want to come into F1
    The new Subaru Impreza STI R205 is awesome !

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.