Is launching the impreza good?

This is a discussion on Is launching the impreza good? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; is it bad to launch the wrx or no?...

Is launching the impreza good?

is it bad to launch the wrx or no?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aznbutt3rz View Post
    is it bad to launch the wrx or no?
    I would have no problem launching your car. On gravel I'd select around 4K, keeping my foot on the clutch just in case I bog so that I can "save" the launch if need be. On tarmac I'd select maybe 4.5K or so, and opt for a very aggressive slip of the clutch while making sure I am just below the point where a chirp would be clearly audible.

On the other hand, I would never launch my car! 'Nuff said I suppose, eh?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, it is.

I'm sure there are plenty of vids on Youtube and such of those who have tried and failed. Don't be one who failed. Watch, or ride, with someone in thier car if you want to see what it's like. IMO obviously.
    Last edited by WRXelent; 09-21-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

Oh, mmmmm, yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you not to do that.

<------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

okay thanks

tryin to help you out, if you're racing, then probably yes.
    launching is really hard on your car. in fact with any car, i launched my civic so many times... a really strong clutch is imporant

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    tryin to help you out, if you're racing, then probably yes.
    launching is really hard on your car. in fact with any car, i launched my civic so many times... a really strong clutch is imporant
    A really strong clutch on an AWD car is a quick way to break something. It may be good for a Civic, but not a WRX