Doctor and team encouraged by Massa recovery

This is a discussion on Doctor and team encouraged by Massa recovery within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ferrari on Tuesday reported more good news regarding Felipe Massa's rate of recovery. The Brazilian remains at Budapest's AEK hospital, ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Doctor and team encouraged by Massa recovery

Ferrari on Tuesday reported more good news regarding Felipe Massa's rate of recovery. The Brazilian remains at Budapest's AEK hospital, where he was taken for emergency surgery following head wounds inflicted by a flying damper spring during last Saturday's Hungarian GP qualifying session.

"His condition is improving quickly and constantly. He is more and more awake and reactive," declared Massa's personal doctor Dino Altman.

"He spoke to several people today, using three different languages, replying always in a coherent way," he elaborated. "He's also progressing with his physiotherapy very well. He opened his left eye and confirmed that he can see with it.

"As far as the near future is concerned we have to be cautious, but I have to say that also today there are very positive signs," Altman added.

Ferrari Team Principal Stefano Domenicali returned to Budapest again, and emerged from his visit feeling relieved.

"It's good to have comforting news," the Italian said.

"I spoke to Felipe and it was very emotional for me: he recognised me and I brought him a message from everybody at Ferrari and from the fans all over the world. I told him that his red car will wait for him until he's ready to race again.

"Now we've got to take it step by step and remain cautious, but it's really incredible to see all of this progress only three days after the accident," Domenicali reported.

Click: F1-Live.com Massa News

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That is terrific news.After watching the video of the spring flying up and striking his helmet,I'd say he is extremely lucky.Here's to a full recovery and return to the races.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    Best wishes to Felipe. I knew nothing about the incident until I watched my DVR'd recording of qualifying on Sunday. Holy crap!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon