Which Helmet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Which Helmet? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister Not much for Motorcycles. I'll look around. I don't want to buy used... but I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Not much for Motorcycles. I'll look around. I don't want to buy used... but I may end up doing it.
    I wouldn't get used. The foam padding tends to deteriorate with use/time and won't protect as well. I don't know about auto helmets but I really liked HJC moto helmets for a low cost approach.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I was planning this weekend to just go to a bike shop.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I got my HGC, a Snell 05 full-face, at the local Honda shop about 3 years ago for less than 100.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

ive got a sweet custom painted inpact charger but thats cuz i race a full blown racecar everyweek so... i dont think it was to expensive though... around 500 before the paint.

Last edited by Price is right; 07-20-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: problems with pic

nice helmet.... more...

I can't speak for automotive helmets, but as far as motorcycle helmets, you typically get what you pay for. But, I guess it sounds like you're just needing a helmet for the sake of it. With motorcycles, it's obviously a greater threat that you'll actually end up needing it, albeit debatable. Not only that, fit is really important because that in effect will protect your noggin more (loose helmet = bad) and will help some with noise but you should ride with ear plugs anyway.

So, if you're looking to get protection out of your helmet, don't skimp out. Get the best one you can.

Say no to used helmets. You never know if it has been dropped, in an accident, etc. Plus, you don't want to share sweat.

Top motorcycle helmets: Arai, Shoei, Suomy...to name a few.

But, if it were up to me, I'd get an automotive specific helmet. I'm sure the ergos are much more tailored for driving.
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12