GB GP: Fairwell to arms?

This is a discussion on GB GP: Fairwell to arms? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was a great GP. Vettel owned it and was completely untouchable. Great show from him. The real issue now ...

I Support ClubWRX

GB GP: Fairwell to arms?

It was a great GP. Vettel owned it and was completely untouchable. Great show from him.

The real issue now is the politics, since stuff is just not going away and of course media live for this sort of thing since they can actually have a prayer of selling ads if they have eyes viewing.

There is IMO no question that current costs are almost scandalous, with some teams spending more money per season that some countries spend on education. That doesn't mean that the money "saved" by Draconian rule changes would be used to save the unicorns or fund space exploration; it'd either be invested in incomprehensible transactions at some tax haven or used for other motorsport actvities etc. so this isn't really about a moral issue regarding the money. It's more about what the series as a whole really is, and who it is intended "for." The teams? The owners? The sanctioning body? TV? The fans? I have no idea.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a shame they are leaving silverstone it's a good real track imo. Of course there's not enough hotels or entertainment venues in the close vicinity and thats what racing is all bout right?

I liked what one of the announcers said they had 90,000 people there just for qualifying and Bernie claims theres not enough people showing up but if they can build a state of the are track in some place like Bangladesh and get a few thousand people to show up all the sudden its great.

This may not be the end though I saw a supposed list of races for the breakaway series which included silverstone.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I liked what one of the announcers said they had 90,000 people there just for qualifying and Bernie claims theres not enough people showing up but if they can build a state of the are track in some place like Bangladesh and get a few thousand people to show up all the sudden its great.
    Truer words have never been spoken. I've been dumbfounded by his insistence to set up Grands Prix in the deserts or swamps for years now.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Maybe we'll see a return to old tracks with the break away series. Briatore and Montezemolo are now saying there will be no further negotiations with the FIA.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.