TR GP: Button walks away

This is a discussion on TR GP: Button walks away within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well Jenson Button is unstoppable this year it seems. On paper or during Q sessions he isn't the fastest of ...

I Support ClubWRX

TR GP: Button walks away

Well Jenson Button is unstoppable this year it seems. On paper or during Q sessions he isn't the fastest of the field but Vettel just did not have the GP he'd hoped for I guess. What I found interesting is that no matter what the track temp or ambient temp seems to be the Brawn just performs great. Everyone talks up the RB5 chassis but it just hasn't won enough.

Also, having a GP in the City in June is asking for heat. What's the point? They could have stayed in Asia for that. Track temp was nearly 50 today and the track isn't used for anything else all year (lessons for local bus drivers would be useful, for example...) so grip levels changed every day and I can't help but wonder if we would have seen better racing had the track been cooler or cleaner.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was hoping Ferrari would do better after Monaco, but not so much. It started off exciting but it was kind of dull most of the time.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you hear Raikkonen is trying his luck in another FIAT, this time rallying for Tomi Makinen? Crashed out but said he liked it and will be back for more.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Did you hear Raikkonen is trying his luck in another FIAT, this time rallying for Tomi Makinen? Crashed out but said he liked it and will be back for more.
    Yeah I heard that at least he'll have a job if Ferrari ends up out of F1 next season, or if he gets replaced by Alonso.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah I heard that at least he'll have a job if Ferrari ends up out of F1 next season, or if he gets replaced by Alonso.
    There's no guarantee that FIA won't wreck rallying regardless of having wrecked F1 though - in the past, it was assumed they were wrecking rallying to protect F1 and maintain the notion that F1 is the more popular of the two (despite rallies drawing live crowds of a million or more - but none of those bought tickets or watched ads on TV so they don't count...). Now that they've taken F1 apart they could still demolish the WRC anyway, even out of habit.

Raikkonen should look into something like ventriloquism and Alonso could focus on growing his sideburns. Neither pays much but neither one is hurting for cash.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Raikkonen should look into something like ventriloquism and Alonso could focus on growing his sideburns. Neither pays much but neither one is hurting for cash.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    +1
    FORZA FERRARI

you have to admit tho the red bulls have been very fast (when lighter on fuel) mark weber drove great and more consistant then vettel but the kid can drive as well..brawn gp will win the champoinship this year and button will win his..well deserved i think. as far as kimi he really doesnt want to race f1 i believe he will go to rally.. does anyone know when his contract runs out i think its 2010??
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.