Bh gp

This is a discussion on Bh gp within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I enjoyed this one but there were lots of ironies. For example, the announcers on Speed were lamenting the lack ...

I Support ClubWRX

Bh gp

I enjoyed this one but there were lots of ironies. For example, the announcers on Speed were lamenting the lack of passing but the first ten laps were nothing but passing and close-in battles, and there was plenty of shuffling throughout the GP. The other irony is that David Hobbes didn't stop talking all afternoon but whoever was on the sound board let his voice be completely drowned out by the motors so I have no idea what he said (in some instances, there are those who would point out that neither does he but I'll let it go).

Disappointing GP for Weber and Kovailanen though, eh? Also, he's a prima donna and unlistenable when interviewed but I have to admit Alonso will fight on no matter what car he's got. He's the only reason I can think of that Renault have decent showings and he can snatch victory from defeat given a hint of a chance -- or at the very least salvage some points.

Eric Clapton looked heavy. Bernie was showing off his car collection, how sweet. I did like the way the hosts used red/white flags to make a huge national flag (shown in the opening segments). Also, one would think that an island would somehow have some sort of cooling from the water but apparently not, it was 37 ambient and the tarmac was over 40 degrees.

Brawn continue to amaze, and KERS continues to baffle.

Some of the drivers were commenting how it'll be good to be back in Europe. Amen.

EDIT: PS. Anybody explain to me how to avoid having two consecutive capital letters edited to one capital, one small case? The title should read "BH GP" not "Bh gp."
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was happy Ferrari got points (all be it just 3) and also that Toyota did not win.

Did you notice that Massa lost his wing when he bumped Kimi. The announcers didn't mention how he lost the front wing, but it was definitely a face-palm moment. Although I think they attribute his lack of pace with a KERS and telemetry problem. Either way Massa tends to not do to well when he's in the back.

Alonso is definitely a good driver and I can't help but think he'd be better than Kimi or Massa despite his personality foibles. Maybe we'll see Alonso and Vettel drive for Ferrari some day.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw in the start replay onboard how the two Ferraris bumped. Brilliant that was, especially in front of the capo (poor man flew all the way to the Persian Gulf to make sure his boys don't get electrocuted only to see them waste money).

Alonso might do great at Ferrari specifically because of his personality for all I know. They'd have to fire both Raikkonen and Masa though, since Alonso doesn't play well with others his size. He does seem to have a knack for development no matter what and he can do great things with mediocre cars.

AAMOF, if there's one person I'd not want to be on the day the luck runs out, it's him. He pushes and everything's safer but stuff happens.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.