CN GP: Briatore forsaken by logic

This is a discussion on CN GP: Briatore forsaken by logic within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Flavio Briatore's remarks regarding diffusers, at least as delivered third-party by the Speed announcers, could in fact be taken as ...

I Support ClubWRX

CN GP: Briatore forsaken by logic

Flavio Briatore's remarks regarding diffusers, at least as delivered third-party by the Speed announcers, could in fact be taken as a sign of mental illness -- particularly when combined with other symptoms such as his hair style.

Other than that, another typical Asian GP for the season. Rain made it interesting but I shudder to think what would have happened had the weather been sunny -- we'd have been sitting through 3 more hours of endorsements and ads watching the cars go round on a track that is technically excellent, meets the latest safety standards, is easy to cover by TV due to layout and infrastructure, and is completely lacking in any historic context and thus any interest.

KERS need'nt be the fiasco it's turning out to be, IMO; it's just simpler and more efficient to not deal with something than it is to deal with it, particularly when so many other aspects of the car need attention and the rules now ban... testing, of all things!

Good to see a Renault motor up front, and better to see client cars outpacing works efforts. Keeps things interesting.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Cheers for Red Bull! They waited a long time to get this. It'll be interesting to see what happens when we finally get around to a dry race.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm at this point looking forward to BE or MC since every corner is a known entity and the comparisons will be easier to make, plus everything will seem more relevant.

Ferrari have not had as bad a start as this since the season that their drivers were Villeneuve and Pironi. If I were Raikkonen or Massa and superstisious I'd worry, since neither Villeneuve nor Pironi are with us at this point.

Is FIAT still buying Chrysler? I wonder if it'd help with their F1 efforts to paint a big stripe lengthwise on the cars. Chrysler did this on the Viper and the Neon turbo and it worked wonders for them. I also wonder whether Regie Renault is still at least partially public; I like the idea of civil servants producing F1 motors.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

My DVR screwed and I missed the first half of the race.
    Despite yet another disaster for Ferrari I enjoyed seeing Redbull make their first win.

It's really quite insane that Ferrari and FORCE INDIA are the only teams without any points. Domeniciali says they may give up and concentrate development effort on the 2010 car as soon as next month.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    My DVR screwed and I missed the first half of the race.
    I think there are repeats in the week, you might check it out if you're interested in the beginning. Lots of wet and lots of rallycross from all the good folks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    It's really quite insane that Ferrari and FORCE INDIA are the only teams without any points.
    Holy crap. I somehow missed this burp in the space-time continuum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I think there are repeats in the week, you might check it out if you're interested in the beginning. Lots of wet and lots of rallycross from all the good folks.
    Yeah I may try and do that. I watched the last half but it would nice to at least see the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Holy crap. I somehow missed this burp in the space-time continuum.
    It's complete madness. I'm sure the Ferrari budget is several times that of Force India, and they've been around long than anyone.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.