MY GP: File another one under "duh..."
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MY GP: File another one under "duh..." within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good going guys... Make GPs in Asia to follow the local money but then also look for more cash back ...

I Support ClubWRX

MY GP: File another one under "duh..."

Good going guys... Make GPs in Asia to follow the local money but then also look for more cash back home, so schedule the GP as late as possible to make sure everyone back home can watch. Then, when it pours in a country known for monsoons (yet, despite your best or worst efforts, not for GPs no matter how long you insist on holding events there...), wonder why everyone turned the channel as they figured out you have to call off the GP. 300+ down the straight is just not on when it's a lake out there, and it's also not on in darkness.

So, sell any expensive commercials? Well it's all alright then. Never mind people spit on the Earth when they think of your "planning." You're wealthy, what do you care?

Planning another night event this year? Brilliant! Having half the roadways in a city visible from outer space falls right in line with the "greener" F1 image you're cultivating with KERS or whatever that electric chair is called. Yay...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It really is getting bad. Nothing like spending an hour watching pit crews meander around the starting grid for an hour.

The KERS system seems more dangerous the more I hear about it. I mean they literally to have jump out of the car to avoid getting shocked and did you see the smoke coming out of Kimi's car during practice! I can't imagine it was good to breath that in. On top of it it doesn't seem to be successful in races.

Ferrari made even more bungles this time after seeing such promise in practice. First Massa in qualifying then putting Kimi on the wets before it started raining. I didn't expect them to be 1st and 2nd but they could have done so much better without these mistakes. The Scuderia Ferrari Club forum was filled with more angry threads then I've ever seen. I still haven't heard exactly why it was that Kimi had to retire at the end, although it didn't matter anyway.

I had to laugh though at Kimi having ice cream while everyone else waited in the rain for that start that never came. Perhaps the only good strategic decision by the team this weekend.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 04-05-2009 at 08:29 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Ferrari made even more bungles this time after seeing such promise in practice. First Massa in qualifying then putting Kimi on the wets before it started raining. The Scuderia Ferrari Club forum was filled with more angry threads then I've ever seen.
    Must be young guys. I remember Ferrari going ages without a win in the turbo era. Granted, I have to admit that Ferrari's F1 record has had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my decision whether to own a Ferrari road car.

I had to laugh though at Kimi having ice cream while everyone else waited in the rain for that start that never came. Perhaps the only good strategic decision by the team this weekend.
    He also illustrated a dark secret of modern marketing and society. He's a professional athlete and has several people dealing with his cardiovascular system to make sure he's fit. He drank a regular Coca-Cola. Conclusion: Diet Coke is for fat people. Drink water and eat less I suppose...
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Must be young guys. I remember Ferrari going ages without a win in the turbo era. Granted, I have to admit that Ferrari's F1 record has had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my decision whether to own a Ferrari road car.
    I think most of the people on there are old enough to remeber but I think the Schumacher era made people spoiled. I don't think it's as much the not-winning as it is the catastrophic way in which decisions are made. Even in really bad seasons like 2005 there wasn't nearly the amount of bungles as there has been in the last 2 seasons. Remember the multiple disasters with the damn pit-stop light last season.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't help but think that the Schumacher era came about because of the unfortunate end of the Senna era. It's a real shame the latter never drove for Ferrari IMO.

I used to support Ferrari in endurance racing because at the time they were the underdogs (I don't blame them, it's not like I could beat Porsche either -- although Jean Rondeau did, in his own car at Le Mans, something that has never been repeated, ever!... But that's another story... And I can't help but add the irony: Rondeau died in a Porsche road car. Anyway...).

FIAT has enough money to bail Chrysler. They can afford to win or at the very least try to buy Grands Prix. The talent is there, the development team is there, they just need to get their heads together. Remember what the narrator told The Dude: Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you."

EDIT: What are the guys saying? "I'll never buy another Ferrari again!..."

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

[/I]EDIT: What are the guys saying? "I'll never buy another Ferrari again!..."
    The SFC forum that I go on is mainly just for non-owner/buyers and fans of the f1 team. I think they have a separate forum on the owners site so they don't have to mingle with the peasant rabble.
    Ironically I think the people on the SFC forum get more "into it" than people that actually own Ferrari's.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 04-05-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The SFC forum that I go on is mainly just for non-owner/buyers and fans of the f1 team. I think they have a separate forum on the owners site so they don't have to mingle with the peasant rabble.
    Ironically I think the people on the SFC forum get more "into it" than people that actually own Ferrari's.
    What Lambo have proven repeatedly, and what the old man never chose to deal with I guess, is that you don't have to win Grands Prix, endurance races, or any form of motorsport to sell cars. All you have to do is make the cars desirable at astronomical prices. The same people that bought Ferraris will buy Ferraris no matter what the F1 team does -- or doesn't.

I wonder if there will be a Brawn road car.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 on silly scheduling...though I suppose Europe is their target audience, and it's hard to sell ads when people are asleep.

Though...having said that, I suppose many Euro's DVR it anyway, as we in the States do?

Also, speaking as someone who's worked as an electrical engineer, if the driver has to hop from the car or risk electrocution, you're doing it wrong.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    +1 on silly scheduling...though I suppose Europe is their target audience, and it's hard to sell ads when people are asleep.

Though...having said that, I suppose many Euro's DVR it anyway, as we in the States do?
    I'd either watch the GPs alone at home (no DVR) or go to a bar and watch them there, especially in summer if the bar had an outdoor bigscreen and outdoor tables. One problem with trying to play a GP on a "public" TV at a bar though is that they are run on Sunday, and in somecountries they conflict with football (read: game over for F1).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.