FIA WMSC --Future WRC Rules

This is a discussion on FIA WMSC --Future WRC Rules within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP In 2010, cars eligible to score points in the Manufacturers’ Championship include the present and future World ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post FIA WMSC --Future WRC Rules

WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP

In 2010, cars eligible to score points in the Manufacturers’ Championship include the present and future World Rally Cars, and Super 2000 cars.

To reflect a need to further reduce and control costs, the proposed technical regulations for the future World Rally Car have been amended.

For the 2011 and 2012 Championships, the World Rally Car will be based on Super 2000 with the addition of a specified kit restricted to modifications to the bodywork, being removable aerodynamic devices. The car will be subject to specific technical regulations intended to control costs through restrictions on the changing of engines, transmissions and similar components. The maximum 8,500rpm for the engine will be maintained for all World Rally Championship and S2000 cars.

Present World Rally Cars will not be eligible for the Championship from 2011.

From 2013, it is proposed that the World Rally Car will continue to be Super 2000 based with a cost-effective 1.6 litre turbo engine. This is subject to review, based on the specification of the car produced by manufacturers for the mass market.

want to read the F1 stuff the WRC part was down after the F1 info:

FIA Press release 3-17-09

more from Crash.net
    Crash.net WRC News
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-20-2009 at 01:46 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    For the 2015 season, teams will be limited to two (2) oxen pulling a cart with one circular wheel and one wooden square shaped wheel. The carts must be made of oak.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Rallying returns to its roots

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition