Me or Iphone Upshift Drag App.?

This is a discussion on Me or Iphone Upshift Drag App.? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! Anybody else used the Iphone app. "Upshift Drag" . Basically its like a g tech for your iphone. ...

Me or Iphone Upshift Drag App.?

Hello all! Anybody else used the Iphone app. "Upshift Drag" . Basically its like a g tech for your iphone. I'm kinda bombed though the best time i could get was a 15.18@98 in the quater and I averaged mid 15's for the other runs even went into 16's for one! I'm not sure if its me or the app. I was able to get a 5.8 0-60 one run but other than that i'm kinda disipointed My car is running Accessport Stage 1 and I have a cat back exhaust with in take. This is the first manual trans i have owned and have had it for about 1.5 years. I feel my shifting skills are not terrible and when i launch i am launching from about 4k enough to make the tires chirp. I'm shifting around 6.5k and am shifting fast and hard between gears. I have used a g-tech in my old car...1968 Firebird 400 and from what i saw it seemed pretty accurate.

Here's the link to the upshift drag website myUpshift

What do you think? Any pointers? Has anybody else used this app?

Oh yeah this was done on a very flat road surface.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello Rexer well I can only answer from experience thats seems a tad slow to me. What break are you running on I assume your running a WRX Bugeye ??

Obviously having a cat back exhuast is going to make a difference though maybe 20 - 30.

I have been running low 13's in a standard WRX V Spec but have yet to run this in my new RA.

Your staring technique sounds fine and as long as the gear changes are crisp and your not slipping the clutch then I can only assume your changing gear to low in the rev range.

Do you have any idea if you are running standard gearing and what you have the rev's limited to.

My RA runs to 8000 rpm limiter which to be fair I change up at around 7000 - 7500 depending on how close the other car is ( I hate losing ) if you are not using the full rev range then this would more then likely cause your times to be out by 1 - 2 seconds.

If however someone would like to come back and quote some performance figures on the standard Bug at max rev for the QTR I would be interested.

Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Sorry I'm fairly new to the forum thought my post would automatically show my specs. I have a 2002 wrx 2.0 with intake,catback exhaust, and accessport V1 at stage 1 as far as I can tell with my boost gauge I'm getting about 15psi in 3rd gear and up. No rev limiter and I am not slip the clutch at all between shifts so they are crisp. I'm pushing the clutch to the floor at 6500rpm very quickly shifting to the next gear and then popping the clutch out with my foot on it "not just letting it go". Any thoughts?

I'm the developer of the upshift application. The biggest thing with the application being accurate is getting the weight etc correct for you and the car BUT also the pitch angle setting. When doing a run there are two components influencing the accelerometers in the iPhone, the actual acceleration and the car pitching to move weight on to the rear of the car. The amount of pitch depends on the car front/rear weight distribution, spring settings, wheelbase, power of the engine and so on.

Once you get the pitch angle correct then the application becomes a lot more accurate because we're able to compensate for the pitch on to the rear of the car when doing a fast run.

Any other questions then I'm happy to answer them. We have tested the app against gTech and it's pretty much nuts on.