Help with 1/4 mile ET....please!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with 1/4 mile ET....please!! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey so my car made 367WHP//384WTQ. I took it to the track today for the first time and the fastest ...

Help with 1/4 mile ET....please!!

Hey so my car made 367WHP//384WTQ. I took it to the track today for the first time and the fastest ET I managed was 12.71@111mph with a 1.8 60ft. Shouldn't it run faster with that trap speed? I have no idea what I did wrong. The car has 07 STi drivetrain without a DCCD controller but it was tuned on the WRX tranny. I don't know if any of that makes a difference. My buddy ran 12.6@108mph in his wrx with 320WHP. Can someone tell me what I might have screwed up on? Thanks.
    Last edited by Very-Rexy; 02-21-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Work on your launch.

Okay so the 60ft isn't good enough you're saying? Makes sense. I only ran the car 3 times and that was the best 60ft I got lol.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Trap speed tells horsepower.
    E.T. tells about driving and putting that power to the floor.
    With that being your first time, don't sweat it. Also, staging shallow, drilling the shifts, knowing right where to shift, etc. are big in getting that elusive low ET.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Get yourself a shift light..... mine is worth it's weight in gold... it'll tell you EXACTLY when to shift.

I ran a 12.995 @ 105.9..... on a VF39... you should be running high 11s with your 20G.

my best 60 foot was a 1.775... and that was a SHARP launch.

I think your 6-speed might actually be hurting you.... more shifting involved.

Try reducing the amount of gas in your tank... removing the spare tire.

Don't let your car idle in line while you wait to get to the lights..... turn it off.... push the car if you have to.

Pour some ice on your intercooler.... or some ice into your spray bottle.

Avoid the burnout puddle..... it slows you down.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

nice

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.