F1-Ron Dennis steps down...

This is a discussion on F1-Ron Dennis steps down... within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As had been suggested, Ron Dennis has announced that he is to officially step down from his role of team ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

F1-Ron Dennis steps down...

As had been suggested, Ron Dennis has announced that he is to officially step down from his role of team principal at McLaren-Mercedes before the start of the 2009 Formula 1 campaign – passing on the mantle to the squad's current CEO Martin Whitmarsh.

Rumours first began to sweep the F1 paddock in 2007 that Dennis would soon relinquish his role, following a season marred by a tempestuous and ultimately destructive relationship with former double world champion Fernando Alonso, the infamous ‘Spygate' saga that culminated in an unprecedented £100 million fine and divorce from his wife of 22 years, Lisa.

The 61-year-old has held the most powerful position at the Woking-based outfit for almost three decades, since 1981, during which time his expertise has helped to lead the team to no fewer than ten drivers' crowns and seven constructors' titles.

Read More:
    Crash.net-Ron Dennis
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe his replacement will be really awful and it will completely ruin McLarens ability to win races.

No but seriously Dennis has been around for a long time its too bad he's leaving.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.