Suzuki cans WR program !

This is a discussion on Suzuki cans WR program ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Suzuki Motor Corporation has decided to suspend its World Rally Championship activities from 2009. Suzuki, which started participating in the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Suzuki cans WR program !

Suzuki Motor Corporation has decided to suspend its World Rally Championship activities from 2009.

Suzuki, which started participating in the WRC back in 2002 - with the Ignis Super 1600 in the Junior World Rally Championship, blamed the economic downturn for its decision to quit.

Despite its exit, Suzuki maintained however, that its participation in the WRC had been worthwhile.

"The entry to JWRC and WRC brought a great deal of positive effects on the product development and marketing activities, nurturing the high sporty automotive brand image, especially in Europe," added the manufacturer in its statement to the media.

"Suzuki expresses its great appreciation to sponsors and fans around the world for their strong support to its activities. The company will continue to provide valued products for its customers by utilizing the experiences earned through the JWRC and WRC activities."

Suzuki's exit means that currently only four teams are confirmed for 2009 - namely the Citroen Total WRT, the BP Ford Abu Dhabi WRT, the Subaru WRT and the Adapta WRT. The fate of the Stobart VK M-Sport Ford RT and the Munchi's Ford WRT has yet to be confirmed.

read whole story:
    crash.net suzuki_cans_world_rally_programme.html
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-15-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Man, that really really sux. A lot. Really.

We just started seeing the team get their legs and begin to be competitive.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    unfortunately a fairly common theme of late for motorsports
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Thumbs down

they also canned their amateur motocross program as well..

I Support ClubWRX
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Wow! Can't say i'm shocked, disappointed yes, but not shocked. The way others are pulling out of other types of racing only the companies with big bucks are sticking around. This does bite the big one though!
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg