wanna autocross an xt6...need help!

This is a discussion on wanna autocross an xt6...need help! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my buddy has a 89 xt6 thats been sitting on his lawn and we were talkin and we wanna autocross ...

wanna autocross an xt6...need help!

my buddy has a 89 xt6 thats been sitting on his lawn and we were talkin and we wanna autocross it. it needs some work on it but it runs great, new clutch, doesnt leak so thats a start. does anyone know about these cars and if theyre r performance parts we can use on this car? thanks
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #4114

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya I've had a couple. Real quirky cars, but good for some cheap fun.
    Like anything you gotta let it breath. Get rid of the intake silencer and open up the exhaust, no straight pipes just get rid of the cats if you can.
    Besides that keep your eye on the air suspension. If it works leave it, if not it can get a little pricey. I'd personally convert back to a regular strut and spring, it's a direct bolt in.
    Also the brakes suck.....period. I haven't seen a loyale, well any pre-92 subaru that I feel comfortable braking aggresively.

Other than the 6's are the way to go. That 1.8 turbo is notorious for cracking the right side head in between the two exhaust ports. Coolant ends up flowing straight into the exhaust pre cat. Kinda fun to drive around town if you fell like being a bad ass