************honda quits f1 effective immediately**********

This is a discussion on ************honda quits f1 effective immediately********** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Getting worse Honda exit shocks F1 world - AutoWeek Magazine The Formula One world has been turned upside down by ...

I Support ClubWRX

************honda quits f1 effective immediately**********

Getting worse

Honda exit shocks F1 world - AutoWeek Magazine

The Formula One world has been turned upside down by Honda's decision to pull out of the sport effective immediately.

The Honda decision happened very quickly in the course of this week, and was confirmed at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday morning.

Company president Takeo Fukui said: "Honda must protect its core business activities and secure the long term as widespread uncertainties in the economics around the globe continue to mount. We will enter into consultation with associates of Honda Racing F1 and its engine supplier Honda Racing Development regarding the future of the two companies. This will include offering the team for sale."

F1 Spec racing??

The news brought a quick response from FIA boss Max Mosley, who is pushing for teams to use a standard engine and gearbox package from 2010. He says that Cosworth, out of F1 since its last season with Red Bull in 2005, had been awarded tender to provide it. Teams can also build their own copies of the standard engine or run their current engines in a restricted form. He says all teams will have to use the same gearbox, provided by a joint venture between Xtrac and Ricardo.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 12-05-2008 at 07:36 AM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Too bad about Honda. They had Ross Braun, the backing of an immense automaker, decent drivers...and couldn't seem to rise from the bottom of the pack.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

After the last 2 disastrous seasons I'm not really surprised. Still unfortunate to see them go.

This standard engine idea is horrible and I will no longer watch F1 if it goes that direction.

Unfortunately they (and by they I mean Moseley and the FIA) will probably use Hondas departure to try and prove they need greater cost cutting, when in reality I think it had much more to do with ineffective team management etc.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.