Tired of Seeing Loeb Win EVERYTHING?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tired of Seeing Loeb Win EVERYTHING? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My Rant: I am a fan of all types of motorsports. From dragracing, to road coarse racing, truck racing to ...

I Support ClubWRX

Tired of Seeing Loeb Win EVERYTHING?

My Rant:

I am a fan of all types of motorsports. From dragracing, to road coarse racing, truck racing to rally racing. I love watching competition of automobiles and bikes. And I am very excited to see the competition of Formula 1 and Moto GP these last couple years. The drivers/riders are pretty evenly matched and watching a race can net you any driver/rider in victory lane. But the one thing I cannot stand watching anymore is WRC and Sebastian Loeb.

I respect his godly skills in a rally car but he is not the person I root for. I am not against him because he drives for another auto manufacture. The fact of the matter is no one in WRC can freaking come close to touching him on almost any stage during the year. The competition isn't there. Hirvonen and Sordo, as well as Latvala and Atkinson cannot compete with this guy. And now Loeb wins his 5th straight championship. I may not watch WRC next year if there isn't any changes to his status.

Loeb is supposed to drive a formula one car as a gift for earning his 5th straight championship, or something like that. I really really hope he decides to get bored with WRC, and goes for the push to go to Formula One. And allows those of lesser beings to compete on a more fair level in WRC.

End Rant:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's definately not as interesting to watch when there is one guy dominating the series like that,unless you're a big fan of his.Many forms of racing go through these phases of certain teams or drivers just seemingly impossible to beat It is time for his competitors to step up and knock this snail eating punk off his throne.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    well he definitely imho has one of the most reliable cars in current WRC and Citroen's budget is rumored to be over $60 million for WRC !

when u have reliability you can certainly drive at 100% commitment.
    but from the last few years the rallies are shorter and it seems that u basically go balls out on day 1 / 2 then cruise thru day 3.
    in the good ole days it was more a pace yourself style event as they lasted up to 5days day/nite any weather.

Subaru certainly seem to have reliability/performance back with the new 08car ,ford are chomping to take the manufacturers title again from citroen and hirvonen imho has just been plain unlucky this year ,and having duval jumping in for various events as a ford "ringer" certainly didnt help subaru or imho fords positions in beating Loeb.

1 more round to go for 08 rally gb lets hope ford snag the championship and subaru gets the win

heres the past drivers and manufacturers winners from 07 to 85 seems we have regular consistency on drivers winning then a lil break for a few yrs , and for maufacurers more consistency
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRC-Winners-.jpg  
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 11-12-2008 at 06:52 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I too am tired of seeing him win all the time. It isn't so much that he wins, but how he does it. Now if the championship was won by him in the last rally of the year, that would be more exciting than having to watch around half a dozen rallies with no real importance to the championship. If Petter didn't hold him off in 2003 he would have 6 in a row! When I download and watch the rallies all his interviews sound the same and to break things up I try to count how many times he says the word "ok".

Will I keep watching the WRC? Yes, but I will fast-forward past all things Loeb. (Unless in the unlikelyhood he makes a mistake, then I will replay it a couple of times to prove to myself that he is human...on occasion.)

So once again, congratulations to Mr. Loeb and his co-driver and Citroen. Now will someone come along and beat his butt, or at least make it interesting. Nice try though Mikko! But even with help, you, like so many others couldn't catch him.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent View Post
    I too am tired of seeing him win all the time. It isn't so much that he wins, but how he does it. Now if the championship was won by him in the last rally of the year, that would be more exciting than having to watch around half a dozen rallies with no real importance to the championship. If Petter didn't hold him off in 2003 he would have 6 in a row! When I download and watch the rallies all his interviews sound the same and to break things up I try to count how many times he says the word "ok".

Will I keep watching the WRC? Yes, but I will fast-forward past all things Loeb. (Unless in the unlikelyhood he makes a mistake, then I will replay it a couple of times to prove to myself that he is human...on occasion.)

So once again, congratulations to Mr. Loeb and his co-driver and Citroen. Now will someone come along and beat his butt, or at least make it interesting. Nice try though Mikko! But even with help, you, like so many others couldn't catch him.
    Its good to see someone feels the same way I do.

Know what u mean

I know what you mean man. Tired of watching him in his Playstation hat all like 'OK' blah 'yeah soooo' blah 'gooood run yeah' blah 'I tink'. I usually hear his interviews in English but speak French. Believe me, its not much more interesting.

Personally i dont think he's the best, i just believe he is rly good and jus has the car, if he can drive a ford or another car and still come up on top only then would I say he's the best.

I honestly wish that petter solberg cud've gotten a chance to drive that citroen I believe that he would have done very well, even seeing how he's keeping with his slower citroen xsara. Im also tired of seeing loeb on top; but i think he's just like another driver but with a good car.

Atkinson.....dont even compare him to loeb, he still has a lot to learn and I just think he wrecks a lot of cars, that's all. Though there is one time i saw him understeer this season and I thought he was gonna hit but luckily he didnt, but the thing is right if he pulled the handbrake, he would have corrected that understeer easily and to think a top driver couldnt think of that or it wouldnt at least be instinctive.....anyway im done with my rant.

I have to say that Loeb is the best overall driver right now. And it doesn't hurt when you have the best car. However I don't think he is getting any better and he is definitely beatable. His greatest strength is on tarmac. He can more easily be beaten on gravel, etc. It is much more difficult for a driver to be good on tarmac and then improve your skills on other surfaces. I see Chris Atkinson getting better and better, and his strength has always been on gravel. Once he masters his overall game, he will be able to compete with Loeb. Agree with me or not, this is my prediction.
    Kind of off topic, but it was such a let down to lose Team Subaru this year. I have always been a huge fan, partly because I drive the WRX which I have attempted to make it look like the WRC version. I have a huge team Subaru banner in my house, and always wear my Chris Atkinson hat when I race. He has always been my favorite driver and on a few occasions has even taken the time to write me personal emails. Its difficult not seeing him in the Subaru blue and gold anymore, but his contract with Citroen is obviously a great career move for the young man and I wish him all the success.

Last edited by theMVP; 04-21-2009 at 01:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.