Autocross, Rallycross...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Autocross, Rallycross... within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone. I'm fairly new to the Subaru world and the car world in general. I've really been getting interested ...

Autocross, Rallycross...

Hey Everyone. I'm fairly new to the Subaru world and the car world in general. I've really been getting interested in the past 4 months since i bought my wrx at the end of summer. I've really been getting interested in autocross and rallycross. I've been reading "The Secrets of Solo Racing." Which has some awesome information. I just thought I would see what advice everyone has on how to get involved and become a competitor. I'm living near Chicago, so if anyone in the area has any suggestions and could let me know about an upcoming schedule for next season I would really appreciate it.

Also does anyone know of any upcoming educational days at tracks in the area? I really want to better develope my driving, but I haven't been able to find anything on the SCCA's site or division sites.

I would eventually like to get into either road racing or rallying. Which route would be the best to go right now...autocross or rallycross?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd do the following order:
    Auto-X
    Rally-X
    Track days / Rallying

Auto-X will help you learn the limits of your car as well as yourself, and also how to handle your car on pavement (easiest to regain control IMO).

After you get used to your car on pavement, Rally-X would be good to allow you to learn the limits of your car and yourself on dirt, gravel, etc.

Then start looking at different road courses and rally events once you have the basics.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Your local SCCA region: Chicago Region, SCCA
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Thanks guys... I'm just really looking forward to getting started. I just want to make sure I can commit myself and get as involved as I possibly can!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.