RSs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RSs within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My wife and I share a 2003 WRX, but I want my own. One she doesn'tlike the idea of me ...

RSs

My wife and I share a 2003 WRX, but I want my own. One she doesn'tlike the idea of me drifting in it. So I've started looking for my own. Keeping in mind I do throw my car sideways and I'm not afraid to put wear and tear on my car. What hands - on opinions does everyone have on the RS vs. WRX?.... yes, I'm being lazy about research as usual.
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not exactly sure what info you are looking for because your queston is sort of broad... Obviously there are significant differences in power as well as price. If you follow the red link in my signature, there is a link to information about different models that you may find helpful.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    a RS with a swapped in ej2.0T motor is definitely a lot of FUN
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Engine...

Is that the STI engine? Engine swap from WRX or a turbo-charge is already on my mind.

Never mind...EJ 2.0 Turbo, right?
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 10-30-2008 at 07:58 AM.
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ej20 is the motor found in 02-05 wrx's.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

After research...

After research, I've decided that the '05 WRX STi is what I'm going to go with, forget the RS and engine swapping. For my money and "quickest to get on the road" and do what I want with it... look out CV joints!

Here's a pic of the one I'm looking at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8746221213_252406751_IM1_MAIN_565x421_A_562x421.jpg  
    2003 Subie WRX

Gotta wait 30 days...

It seems i have to wait 30 days before I can get my WRX STi, but In the mean while I have to fix my other one. See my new new thread in Motortalk...
    2003 Subie WRX

2.5rs

I think I've found the car I'm going to go with, its an RS, but It has the 2.5L, highest trim they offered, (5 speed of course).
    Now I guess i need to know what I'm going to have to do to turn this 2.5L into a 2.5L Turbo STi. Besides an aftermarket turbo kit, what else does the STi have on this engine?

Here's a pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7420125835_246051660_IM1_MAIN_565x421_A_562x421.jpg  
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-09-2008 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Type-o...
    2003 Subie WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    DTRacing™ ::  Custom Projects   “Get a Dom Tune!”®

That's something you could do ...

My tuners RS is faster than his FPGreen+meth '07 STi
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Nice info...

Cool link. I'm amazed at the potential of the non-turbo 2.5.

Thanks again.
    2003 Subie WRX

Rs upgrades I intend...

Firsts mods for my RS will be a Gizzmo Launch interface and Gizzmo Redline Light... after turbo kit.
    Any suggestions for a turbo kit? Brand?.. my budget is mid-ranged.

Products:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2631.jpg   2621.jpg  
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-09-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Type-o... add-ons.
    2003 Subie WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.