how do you do a burnout - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on how do you do a burnout within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 lol. +1...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    lol.
    +1
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dynocompsti View Post
    yeah i know how to do it in a fwd and rwd. i just wanted to know cuz on u tube i saw people doing them in sti ....like a powerbrake ...the only way i can do it is rolling back then hit 1st..... how do they stay in one place ..
    I'm not quite certain how they are doing it. People do all sorts of incredibly stupid things on Utube. Just because you see people doing it on utube, does NOT mean it's not really bad for the car. Honestly, performing burnouts in an a basically stock WRX/STi, is simply a big display of ignorance. A brief loss of traction is one thing but repeated continuous and sustained loss of traction, under power, (like the conditions in a smokey burnout) will cause severe damage to a WRX/STi.

So are you just curious or are you actually wanting do try a burnout in a WRX/STi?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois

burnout...?

Here you go you'll need this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flamesuit.jpg  
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Drifting? Burn-outs? A lot of these questions lately. Don't people take this into consideration before buying an AWD car? Oh wait, I just answered my own question. Next they will want to know how to "chirp" all the gears. Please take the time to read your owners manual (at least the parts that are important to you). P.S. Usually the videos you see on the internet are done by people who don't care what happens to their ( I use the word "their" loosely) cars. Most are just looking for attention. IMHO.
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent View Post
    Drifting? Burn-outs? A lot of these questions lately.
    They're all getting ready for new Fast and the Furious.

. . . . priceless question thank you, you made my day
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

when you pull the e brake in the STi it disconnects the center diff. Making it possible to do ebrake 180s with out messing stuff up.(back wheels locked, fronts still spinning would be bad for the center diff) For some reason when you pull the ebrake a bit the back wheels will peel out(i would think the fronts would do it but i dont know why). So dont try this in a wrx, it work work. if you have an STI, it will work but i dont know how bad it is for the car.

fyi its a ****ing awd car, dont peel out, you will just look like a toolshed
    Bugeye Mafia #185
    Blobeye Syndicate #38
    San Remo Alliance............#002

broke?

this is an awesome thread....there have been sooo many of these on here lately...how do i drift my car? how do i do burnouts? how do i do donuts? what happened to, i have a subaru and i LOVE the **** outa my car, i would hate to break it. are more and more people just going for broke out there? everytime you do a burnout in your subbie god kills a kittie.... remember that
    ------->Live to Drive<--------

I am getting really old. I should probably check myself in at Shady Pines.
    I remember when the young people all wanted to know how to make their car go faster. Now they all want to look like some moron on YouTube. What the hell has happened to the world? "Screw performance! We want image and a broken car! That gets the chicks!" (Yeah, all of the high school sophomores! Good luck with them!)

Here is how you do a burnout in a real car.
    1)Roll through water.
    2)Whack the throttle to get the car up on the tire,
    3)then feather it at your predetermined rpm until you have had enough fun.
    Left hand on the wheel and the right hand on the brake slightly warming the rotors.

If you really have an interest- my guess is you do not have a tire that will go quicker after a burnout. Most street and performance tires will lose traction and performance after a burnout.

YouTube - Bicycle

All you need to know...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    The best way to do a burnout is with an older powerful RWD car. I say older because the newer ones will have traction control which will usually prevent the complete loss of traction necessary to do a burnout. The WRX is designed specifically to not lose traction... so not only is it really hard to do much of a burnout in a WRX but it's very bad for the car.
    My favorite person on ClubDub is "The J". No matter how newbish and stupid the question, he always answers it fully and without sarcasm. Golf Clap*

I hear you need a Carbonetics triple plate clutchl to do real burnouts.

Wow! Great catch on the other posts of this guy!
    A triple plate clutch? Thanks for the info. Since I am not a real clutch guy, I guess I have to go back to school on the performance stuff. I thought I knew, but I guess I don't.
    No clutch 'disc' would ever in the history of the planet be designated as a clutch 'plate.' However a clutch floater is sometimes considered a clutch plate. So does that mean he will have three floaters in his new clutch, making it a four disc clutch? If so, I tend to misunderstand what he is driving that would make the power to need a four disc clutch. Since there are door cars running 5.73 at 254mph in the quarter mile without a four disc clutch, I would be interested to see what he has.
    And since he has logged on seeming himself to be a shop that can sell parts as well as install/tune- he must be far advanced over any of us in knowledge as well as talent and performance.
    Please- come on and inform us all, oh master of the burnout world!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DubleUaReX View Post
    My favorite person on ClubDub is "The J". Golf Clap*
    I got a golf clap.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    I got a golf clap.
    Better than the clap
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)