[Video] AutoX - September 21 @ Homestead

This is a discussion on [Video] AutoX - September 21 @ Homestead within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is my fastest lap from this past 21 of September down at Homestead Miami Speed way. YouTube - AutoX ...

[Video and Photos] AutoX - September 21 @ Homestead

Here is my fastest lap from this past 21 of September down at Homestead Miami Speed way.

YouTube - AutoX in Homestead Sept 21

I think i lost about 0.2 during the slalom ... i could have done it a bit faster. i would appreciate any recommendations and observations about my racing technique.

and here are some photos:

Last edited by orvtech; 09-24-2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: added photos
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question

I would appreciate if anyone can tell me where could I have shaved some time there. i think i could have gone a bit faster on the first slalom ... maybe reducing my time by 0.1 seconds or so

That is one of the most wide open autox courses i've ever seen. Over here in Nashville we got a bunch of Miata freaks

so I'm used to crazy tight courses with tons of turns.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmuch? View Post
    That is one of the most wide open autox courses i've ever seen. Over here in Nashville we got a bunch of Miata freaks

so I'm used to crazy tight courses with tons of turns.
    ...the thing is that this club (ERSSC) has a bunch of corvettes, pontiacs, mustangs and other boats like that so they make almos all courses to make them happy.

i even heard a guy that owns a vette complaining a bout the 'box' that is after the first right turn... that thing was so open that to me was just like a 3 cone slalom.

Quote Originally Posted by orvtech View Post
    ...the thing is that this club (ERSSC) has a bunch of corvettes, pontiacs, mustangs and other boats like that so they make almos all courses to make them happy.

i even heard a guy that owns a vette complaining a bout the 'box' that is after the first right turn... that thing was so open that to me was just like a 3 cone slalom.
    Sounds like the *whiners need to go drag racing. There are a couple guys that I autox with that have z06s on slicks and t1 suspensions. THEY ARE INSANE!
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

photos added