IT GP: My, how the mighty are drowning...

This is a discussion on IT GP: My, how the mighty are drowning... within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So far I've watched Friday practice and Saturday qualifying. Numerous lovely spins but many were not from the usual suspects. ...

I Support ClubWRX

IT GP: My, how the mighty are drowning...

So far I've watched Friday practice and Saturday qualifying. Numerous lovely spins but many were not from the usual suspects. Massa, for example, generally kept it off the scenery and did rather well for himself, all things considered. Kovalainen put in a class performance and earned his cheque. Raikkonen and Hamilton must be crying into their suitcases full of money, eh?

On another note: The sideburn is de rigueur in F1; witness Alonso, Hamilton, et al. I wonder if my own lack of speed has to do with my more conservative sideburns. It's not the first time I've noticed something like this; it's happened in football too. Back when Juventus were actually competing for matches rather than buying them outright (think 90s or so) their entire forward lineup had stiletto sideburns. Coincidence?

I *SO* hope it not just rains but POURS tomorrow. I want to see a minimum-laps-by-law GP in a monsoon. It'll let the lads sort out their differences in an "equalizer" environment, and it'll bring apart the men from the boys.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I got my wish and it was a great GP too! Wow! This is much, much more interesting than trying to predict which of four people will beat the other three by .001" for pole, or what ruling FIA will issue to keep FIAT happy etc.

I remember when Minardi were kept around for comic relief, but look at what's happening now! If I were Berger I'd go on a two-week bender to celebrate. I'd even have five or six people help me squeeze into the car with custom-built giant shoehorns, and I'd drive it around just for fun. Then I'd jump up and down on it and dance around like a nutter. Their intended purpose as a team was to sell bad drinks and help pay some bills for the oh-so-historic you-know-who by buying motors, yet they beat everyone... from pole... at Monza... in the wet... with the youngest driver in the field at the wheel...

Hamilton did show tremendous skill and his charge was great. Raikkonen keeps on setting fast laps but this isn't an autocross, and for all his speed he's got no points to show.

My favourite for World Driving Champion: Robert Kubica! He's mathematically in the fight, he's got a 2nd-tier car but keeps getting points with it, and he's such an underdog that nobody's paid attention to how he's asked his surname be pronounced, much less take him seriously as a title contestant. But there he is. I've got to go with him. It's unlikely, but it'd be great!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I enjoyed seeing Vettel one.

Kimi is becoming rather frustrating, he seems to do nothing every race until there's 10 laps left then he passes a handful of people and gets the fastest lap.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for Vettel, and a fun race!
    I loved watching the TR guys celebrate their first win. Amazing how they seem to be eclipsing the senior Red Bull team.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon