Subaru considers entry into WTCC

This is a discussion on Subaru considers entry into WTCC within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The news is sparked by a forthcoming arrangement between the WRC and the WTCC that could see them adopting a ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru considers entry into WTCC

The news is sparked by a forthcoming arrangement between the WRC and the WTCC that could see them adopting a common set of rules, not unlike the more practical Super 2000 formula that has both rally and touring car series. Now we're always encouraged by news of carmakers – especially ones with such well-established motorsport pedigrees – going racing, but we can't help but wonder if Subaru's venture onto paved tracks wouldn't confuse the message and dilute its hard-earned brand identity. Conversely, the oil-ification of the WTCC could give Subaru a chance to prove its mettle with its new diesel engines. Either way, execs from Fuji Heavy and Subaru Tecnica International are expected to visit the touring car championship when it visits Japan on October 24 to scope it out.

autoblog subaru consider wtcc

touringcartimes.com/news
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 09-11-2008 at 05:33 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This would be soo cool. I wonder with them mentioning Subaru's diesel program, if that means Subaru will go that route, racing wise, in the near future. I hope also that this leads to more tv coverage of WRC and WTCC.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."