Good time at track?

This is a discussion on Good time at track? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I took my wrx to the track a couple weeks ago. The only track around here is a 1/8 ...

Good time at track?

Hey, I took my wrx to the track a couple weeks ago. The only track around here is a 1/8 mile track. I consistently ran 9.02's with an 8.82 as my fastest. Are those good runs for my WRX on the 1/8th mile? I have a Borla Catback and Utec with a pretty aggressive boost tune. I adjusted the fueling and am getting no knock and about 25-26 mpg in the city. I also just changed the oil and put in a K&N filter and Royal Purple. What do you think of my set up?
    This thing is ALMOST as fast as my R6... Hope to make it faster, so Ill have to buy an R1.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fasterplease View Post
    Hey, I took my wrx to the track a couple weeks ago. The only track around here is a 1/8 mile track. I consistently ran 9.02's with an 8.82 as my fastest. Are those good runs for my WRX on the 1/8th mile? I have a Borla Catback and Utec with a pretty aggressive boost tune. I adjusted the fueling and am getting no knock and about 25-26 mpg in the city. I also just changed the oil and put in a K&N filter and Royal Purple. What do you think of my set up?
    sounds decent...

08 Si run about 9.8

my EX run about 10.43...lol

just got back from the track again. I now have an Invidia Catless downpipe to complete my TBE. I was running consistanly around 8.6 with a few 8.3s pulls on the 1/8th mile. Does anyone know about what this translates to on the 1/4 mile. Ive looked at the conversion charts and they say 12.97s, but I just dont know how accurate they are, especially when it seems like my turbo is maxed out at about 18-19psi at 3400 RPM, cause then it drops to about 11-13psi closer to redline.

Do you think this sounds like a maxed out stock turbo? Id like to do a VF39 or Big 16G swap, but Im open to suggestion.
    This thing is ALMOST as fast as my R6... Hope to make it faster, so Ill have to buy an R1.

Sounds like a pretty stout deal. To really get an idea of what we are looking at, we would like to see the 330' and 60' times, speeds and the like. That way we can get an idea of how your car is driving/ how you are performing as a driver, and what would the 1/4 time look like.
    Another way is to look through the 1/4 mile list and see similar times to 60', 330', 660' and look at their times. Because turbo cars, and AWD cars don't fit into the standard online equation charts very well.

csm
    every time I go to the track it's a good time.

Banned
    what was your mph at the 8th? heres my time slip that you can compare with yours. I ran a 13.1@103.5 and I was a half second late on the light. My 8th was 8.3 also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13.1@103.jpg  

cool, the only track around me is junk cause they dont even give you time slips, so all you get is a time and MPH, but thats only if a friend who is watching the race will tell you your times. My buddies didnt tell me my MPH last time but when I was running 8.8s I was at 77MPH. I really need to get to a good track.